• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

adults eating from the kids menus

poet123

Mouseketeer
My MIL who is travelling with us is a very small eater, is it generally acceptable to purchase the kids portions if an adult?
I am thinking more about sit down full service restaurants rather than all you can eat buffets as obviously she can take more or less at these types of eatery.
If we tip extra is this acceptable?
Is portion sharing acceptable also? mains and desserts?
From the UK and need etiquete advice re these issues!!!!!!!!!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc

They have let us order from Kids menus before. Sometimes my dh and I will split a regular sized meal if we can agree on what we order. ;) Have a great trip!

I don't think she will have any trouble either ordering from the child's menu or sharing a regular meal.

I have ordered from the child's menu a couple of times at WDW restaurants. My older son, who was almost 14 on our last trip, ordered almost exclusively from the kid's menu. We also shared meals at several restaurants and never had any problems.

We tipped as though we had ordered full portions, and we always politely asked the server if it would be okay to order from the child's menu (or share a meal).

I almost always get a child's meal at walk-up eateries. Unless I'm in the mood for something like a salad or an adult type sandwich.

I ate a kids meal at a couple of places (Kona Cafe-lunch and Sci Fi-dinner). Neither had anything on the adult menu that appealed to me so I ordered off the kids menu. No one gave me a hard time about it.

hi all:wave:
that's good to know there is not a problem with ordering from the kids menu::yes:: i am not an adventerous (sp) eater although my dh is so we will be able to eat at places that suit us all and there will be something to suit all our taste buds:D

eve::MinnieMo

Wow, this was good to read because I had always thought this was frowned upon at the sit down restaurants. Most of the menu's I see locally say 12 and under right on them, and I've even gotten some very snobby remarks from servers when I've asked for an extra plate so that I can share my adult meal with my 3 yr old instead of purchasing him a kids meal. It's not a money issue, I just hate to waste all of that food. Funny the waiters don't get that you'll tip better if they give you what you want instead of making you feel like you're being cheap. Glad to hear it's different at Disney, especially since their portions are usually really big.

Thanks for the advice!!!!!!!!!!! over herein the UK if you ordered off the kids menu you wouldnt get served!!! But its great to know :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter