ADRs? We Don't Need No Stinking ADRs - A Sept '14 Dining Report - THAT'S A WRAP 3/5

Thanks to everyone for following along on my dining report. This was an amazing trip and the perfect way to ring in my 40's. From a food perspective this trip was just about perfect. A couple of superlatives, a la my high school yearbook:

Best Meal: Flying Fish - They had me at artichokes and scallops but my fav wine and yummy calamari brought it all home

Best Service: California Grill - Despite a misfire on my steak cooking temperature and forgetting our appetizer, our server was warm and attentive and made up for it all with a delicious glass of port. Clearly he knew the way to my heart was through alcohol.

Best Drink: San Angel Inn - I drank tons of really good wine, but that avocado margarita was hands down the best thing i drank all week. We've found the recipe and got a new blender, so come springtime hopefully they will be flowing freely in mi casa.

Best Desert: Liberty Tree Tavern - Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake - 'Nough said

Best Indulgence: Old Faithful Club - This may have well been the one and only time we do club level and we couldn't have picked a better spot. They had me at free beer and wine, but then solidified my love with that cobbler. Utter perfection.

Best of Food and Wine - Kalua Pork Slider from the Hawaii booth. It was the first item we tried and the one I keep remembering. If only they could actually include Kalua next time ; )

Worst Meal - Restaurant Marrakesh - I wanted to love it and find my own personal little hidden gem in Ep-A-Cot, but with poor service and mediocre food it was a let down. But at least Casey got to try some belly dancing

But wait, there's more. We just got back from the world on Saturday and I've started our next dining report. Hope you can join me for more foodie adventures in A Salute to All Things Disney World, but Mostly Food. And if you can't, I didn't really like you anyway :P You didn't think I could end without one last shot of sarcasm did you ; )

Just read your report in it's entirety last night. Stayed up till after 11, which was really midnight with the time change, but it was like a good book, & I couldn't stop reading. You're daughter, Casey, is adorable! Can't wait to start reading your next report!

Just read your report in it's entirety last night. Stayed up till after 11, which was really midnight with the time change, but it was like a good book, & I couldn't stop reading. You're daughter, Casey, is adorable! Can't wait to start reading your next report!

Wow, thanks so much. Glad you enjoyed. Casey certainly knows she is adorable, that kid lacks for no self confidence ; ) Looks like you have a trip on the horizon. Enjoy!

Yes, we do have a trip coming up very soon! For some reason, the date on my banner was off though, saying one month and something days, when in actuality, it's 13 days away. Weird. I had to go make a new one to replace it. I wonder if the time change messed it up.

Finally got the chance to finish your dining report. We hope that Flame Tree is open by the time we visit. Thank you for sharing your review of the chicken salad. It sounds like something I would order so now I know to avoid it. I really enjoyed your review and I'm off to read your next one.

Loved reading your dining report! Fellow DMV resident here, except I toil in the private sector. :P

Loved reading your reviews about the restaurants we have planned to go to... WITH ADR's of course :) We're headed to WDW 6/12-6/20!!! Just 15 days away!

Hi Kari! I came over from your 2017 TR (which I loved!), and am not sure if you'll see this, but just wanted to leave a note so you know someone is still enjoying your writing 3 years later. Love your descriptions of your dining experiences, and your family sounds like so much fun. Your daughter is adorable -- fun seeing her so little here after first seeing her in your most recent report.

Only five years behind, but I just went back and read your first dining report :rotfl2:

Oh, that cute little baby Casey! :love: And Duvall eating your magic bands:love:

It was nice to read a "normal" report before all the craziness that is 2020!

Only five years behind, but I just went back and read your first dining report :rotfl2:

Oh, that cute little baby Casey! :love: And Duvall eating your magic bands:love:

It was nice to read a "normal" report before all the craziness that is 2020!
Well better late than never. I hadn't looked at this thing in forever so I went back and read it myself. It truly was good to see some normal though made me miss my dogies. Even Duval and all his "fun" antics ❤

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter