ADRs 180+ Sorry For The Paws - Wondering How You Booked Your Resort?

How Did You Book Your Resort?

• Directly Through Disney

Votes: 27 44.3%
  • Through A Travel Agent

Votes: 33 54.1%
  • Through A 3rd Party Company Like Expedia,Orbitz etc.

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters

ah10is

DIS Veteran
Please only vote in the pole if you HAVE Experienced Issues! Thank You

Today was my 180 + 10 day to make Dining Reservations! I set my alarm and got up to be ready and on my computer for 6:00 AM! My dates are all blue and say I can book....I search for my 1st reservation for Sunday August 26, 2018, click on the time I want to reserve and BOOM am met with the DREADED "SORRY FOR THE PAWS" Error Message!!!

I have been going going to Disney World 2 X a Year for the last several years and every time it comes to booking Dining Reservations I have this happen when my Reservation was not booked Directly Though Disney! So when I book through a Travel Agent I get this issue and when I book through Orbitz (Expedia etc) I get the issue!

My August 23 - 30, 2018 was booked though a travel agent that offers the Labor Day Deals.

Has anyone else started to notice this? Just curious on how people have booked their Resort Reservation that are getting this issue on their 180 +10 ADR day?

Last edited:
I think I booked how you booked and had the same issue you did. However last year same booking and I did not have any problems.

I did not have any trouble last August either when I booked for that trip.... wondering if this is a recent change... makes you think...

Booked through an agent, had no trouble booking ADR's at 180 days. Trip is this April.

Did you book a special run by the travel agent? Such as the Labor Day Deal etc. or just a regular booking that may have a Disney discount rate applied to it? Thanks!

I did not have any trouble last August either when I booked for that trip.... wondering if this is a recent change... makes you think...

My 3rd time booking the Labor Day and each time the same issue. I booked once with Orbitz and had the issue. All of my bookings directly with Disney had no issue! I know there are several different booking departments for Disney. I know travel agents call into a different part of Disney than regular bookings go through. So I'm really starting to think theres some sort of relation to why some get the error message while others do not!

My 3rd time booking the Labor Day and each time the same issue. I booked once with Orbitz and had the issue. All of my bookings directly with Disney had no issue! I know there are several different booking departments for Disney. I know travel agents call into a different part of Disney than regular bookings go through. So I'm really starting to think theres some sort of relation to why some get the error message while others do not!

Hmm... I booked directly with Disney before 2017 and never had a problem. Did labor deal for the first time last August and no issues. This year even though all my days were in blue I could only book the first day which was 180 Days out. I ended up calling that first morning and was able to book all of them. The CM simply told me they were having tech issues. Did notice later I could book via the app. Each passing day though I checked on my computer and I could always book the day that was 180 Days as well as any under 180 days, but never 181+...

Booked my last 2 trips with a TA and didn't have any issues. I have the Labor Day special booked and my ADR day is coming up. I only need to book one, so hopefully I don't have issues!!

I booked the Labor Day special and had trouble with my ADRs today too. I called Disney dining and got about 1/2 of what I wanted. Then I asked to be transferred to tech support. One of the issues seems to be that the "billing" address on the reservation is to the travel agency and not my own (even though I had changed it in MDE, it still presented a problem). Supposedly they changed it and put a "ticket" on my account but I'm not sure. I tried two different browsers and my phone app and NONE of them worked. I can sort of deal with the dining issue but I will be very upset if my fastpass booking is problematic so I will keep trying to book various things on different dates until I am confident it won't be an issue.

I booked the Labor Day special and had trouble with my ADRs today too. I called Disney dining and got about 1/2 of what I wanted. Then I asked to be transferred to tech support. One of the issues seems to be that the "billing" address on the reservation is to the travel agency and not my own (even though I had changed it in MDE, it still presented a problem). Supposedly they changed it and put a "ticket" on my account but I'm not sure. I tried two different browsers and my phone app and NONE of them worked. I can sort of deal with the dining issue but I will be very upset if my fastpass booking is problematic so I will keep trying to book various things on different dates until I am confident it won't be an issue.

If it's any assurance, I've never have had issues when it comes to booking FPs! Only the ADr issues when booking through a travel agent. Thanks for your comments!

I am a Sr IT Analyst for a living so that being said I NEVER use a computer directly to make my ADR's. I call and while this time I sat on hold for 17 minutes when I called at their opening time I did get all of my requests.

I voted direct w/Disney, but just realized that it was via a TA (Labor Day special) for the 180+ I was booking for yesterday 6am! Got tons of Paws screens.
My phone worked though (didn't think to use it, but someone on these boards mentioned it - love disboards!)

We always book directly through Disney. Sometimes I get the error message, sometimes I don't. But I also sometimes get the error message when we are well past our date that we can make ADRs. It appears to just be a random issue with the system being down to me and doesn't seem to have anything to do with your resort reservation. I would say I get the message with the same frequency when we don't even have a resort reservation but are making ADRs in anticipation of booking a reservation (or sometimes just the HOPE that we will end up going!!). It doesn't happen all that often for me. I stalk the system for ADRs fairly regularly and the error message only appears every now and then - most commonly right when they "open" for the day when I imagine the system is suddenly flooded with thousands of people all trying to schedule at the same exact time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter