ADR Cancellations at 45 Days?

Lorelei18

Always planning...
Was curious since those who have booked vacation packages have to cancel their packages by 45 days if they don't want to be penalized, has anyone had any luck finding ADR's that people have dropped 45 days before their trip? I always book our ADR's at 180 days out and never had problems finding the reservations I wanted even for Spring Break. But, we are going December 17-23 and I wasn't able to get either BOG lunch or Sci-Fi lunch for any of our days. I've got our park days pretty much locked in at this point with Fastpasses, etc but am hoping to luck out at least for BOG. I'm thinking more people maybe booked packages versus a room only reservation since there is the free dining thing going on until Dec. 24th, which I am sure also affected my ability to find some of those ADR's at 180 days :).

You may have luck any time between 60 days and the day before. People don’t always cancel right away; sometimes they switch to a less-expensive off-site resort. They’re arrival day (and, therefore, their pay-in-full day) could be a few days different than yours due to their length of stay.

Was curious since those who have booked vacation packages have to cancel their packages by 45 days if they don't want to be penalized, has anyone had any luck finding ADR's that people have dropped 45 days before their trip? I always book our ADR's at 180 days out and never had problems finding the reservations I wanted even for Spring Break. But, we are going December 17-23 and I wasn't able to get either BOG lunch or Sci-Fi lunch for any of our days. I've got our park days pretty much locked in at this point with Fastpasses, etc but am hoping to luck out at least for BOG. I'm thinking more people maybe booked packages versus a room only reservation since there is the free dining thing going on until Dec. 24th, which I am sure also affected my ability to find some of those ADR's at 180 days :).

Keep an eye on the December 2017 ADR Cancellation thread. We're going the week before you and we're also looking for a BOG reservation. The closer to Dec it's getting, the more posts we're seeing. Nothing helpful for us yet, but you might find something. I've also noticed on MDE that two or three days before there are openings. For instance, right now there is a table for 2 available for lunch at BOG on Tuesday. So you never know.

Keep an eye on the December 2017 ADR Cancellation thread. We're going the week before you and we're also looking for a BOG reservation. The closer to Dec it's getting, the more posts we're seeing. Nothing helpful for us yet, but you might find something. I've also noticed on MDE that two or three days before there are openings. For instance, right now there is a table for 2 available for lunch at BOG on Tuesday. So you never know.
Aww, thank you so much! Enjoy your trip! Are you using the Touring Plans Reservation Finder as well?

I'd also check around the 30 day mark. Offsite guests may have booked multiple ADR waiting to see which FP they ended up with. I know I cancelled a few ADR after I was sure my schedule was set. I wanted to keep them in case any of my FP times ended up conflicting.

I'd also check around the 30 day mark. Offsite guests may have booked multiple ADR waiting to see which FP they ended up with. I know I cancelled a few ADR after I was sure my schedule was set. I wanted to keep them in case any of my FP times ended up conflicting.
Thank you! I was thinking of this as well. So from 11/17-22 I'll look for 12/17-22 :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter