Activities for 13 year old

CrawfordMomof3

Earning My Ears
We are considering an Aulani vacation, but I have not been able to find much in the website for a 13 year old. It lists some activities, and then says seasonal availability only. Has anyone taken a teen in October, or know what they offer in October?

We like October because the kids have a week off of school, and the rates are better. Or is summer a better option?

Any info would be a huge help. Thanks!

I don't think there is that much activities from the kid's club for teenagers. They do have video games. And they have pool parties/ pool volleyball for teenagers. The slide and snorkeling pool is popular with older kids. You can also rent kayak or surfing board from hotel. If you rent a car, there are plenty to do (zip lining, hiking, horse back riding...etc).

Go in Oct if the rate is better. Go! They'll have fun.

You can follow the daily activities offered on the Daily 'Iwa. https://www.disneyaulani.com/about-aulani/daily-activities-schedule/
For this week, I don't see much as far as teen activities until Friday/Saturday. Other times I've seen much more during the week as well. I understand Hawaii schools have a fall break starting next week so I'd bet the activity offerings will pick up next week.

We are going in two weeks and hoping they will still have more offerings that week as other schools (like ours) are still on fall break then. We can report back on any teen activities our 13yr old DD attends, if you'd like.

Any updates? I am bringing twin 13 year olds who are too old for Kids club... Can someone please opine!? Thank you in advance!!

I just came back from Aulani a few days ago and was there with four teenagers. There were usually three activities in the Daily Iwa every day that ranged from games on the beach to game night or Ukelele lessons in the evening. They seemed to schedule them in the late afternoon and up until 8:30 pm. They enjoyed the activities, even though I had to force them to go:headache:

When we went in October the teen activities were only on Fri-Sat-Sun. We arrived pretty late in the day Sunday and left pretty early Saturday. We had family plans Friday night so DD13 didn't really get to do any of the teen activities which she was disappointed about as she thought they looked fun. At busier times they do have teen activities all week. The week before we went there were teen activities pretty much every day, I think because it was Hawaii schools fall break week.

So depending on when you're going, you may want to temper hopes on teen activities. Keep an eye on the daily 'Iwa (link above) to get an idea what kind of things are offered.

This kind of made me chuckle. I remember being that age(a long time ago LOL)((and I have 2 kids past that age)) but we went on vacation to a lake house and my parents never once worried about what they could suggest to entertain us. We were left to our own devises and always had a great time. Aulani has an amazing pool, not to mention the beach, activities at the Pau Hana room where they can take Ukelele lesson, group painting, board games, etc. They will not be bored and they probably do fine without help from Mom and Dad. In fact that age pretty much wants nothing to do with anything their parents suggest. LOL I am sure a great time will be had by all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!