Accessible Uber in Orlando?

BethCPTSD

Mouseketeer
Hi. I usually post on the Disabilities forum, but it was suggested to me to come here, being that there might be some Uber drivers on the board who know what I'm talking about!

There is an Uber WAV program in select cities across the US, which provide accessible vehicles for wheelchairs and powerchairs.

I'm wondering if this is in Orlando. Otherwise, I have a 55 lb folding powerchair and a medium service dog. Do you think I could get away with regular Uber? I would need the driver to lift my chair into and out of the trunk, otherwise I'd be all set.

Thank you!
Beth

Hi. I usually post on the Disabilities forum, but it was suggested to me to come here, being that there might be some Uber drivers on the board who know what I'm talking about!

There is an Uber WAV program in select cities across the US, which provide accessible vehicles for wheelchairs and powerchairs.

I'm wondering if this is in Orlando. Otherwise, I have a 55 lb folding powerchair and a medium service dog. Do you think I could get away with regular Uber? I would need the driver to lift my chair into and out of the trunk, otherwise I'd be all set.

Thank you!
Beth
To my knowledge, Uber does not offer an accessible service in Orlando. As I replied to your other post, I don't think you can count on an Uber driver being able to solo lift 55 lbs. into the trunk.

Mears Taxi does have a limited number of lift-equipped vehicles operating around WDW; I don't know what their availability is around Orlando or at the airport.

If you're traveling from the airport to one of the theme park area resorts, I think Mears shuttle service also has lift-equipped buses or vans.

If you're travelling around WDW, of course all WDW buses are fully accessible. There's also at least one accessible Minnie Van which you can use if you're staying at one of the participating WDW resorts, at a flat rate of $25 per ride, only within WDW property.

I am not a driver, but I doubt a driver will lift a 55 lb chair into the trunk for you. They run the risk of damaging their personal vehicle if they slip and run the risk of personal injury and loss of work if they pull their back out or something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter