• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Accessible Restroom/Companion Restroom

goudaman40

<font color=FF33FF>The TF's say 'Hello'<br><font c
I know this may be a little odd . . . but in the non companion restrooms are there full stalls (including sink) in the accessible toliet?

The reason why I am asking, is my MIL gets embarassed if we have to change a garmet & doesn't like anyone to know it is in the garbage. I do bring my own small trash bags . . . but if the trash can is open top, she likes me to place the paper towels/napkins over the top, so no one will know. If this is the only thing that we have to worry about, for her to be able to still have her dignity, then I don't have a problem.

I'm just trying to get prepared for any of the bathroom obsticles we may come across during our trip. We have learned how to deal with the toliets that have enough room to bring a chair in the front and require you to leave the chair outside the stall so we can both fit in the bathroom (you would think more nationwide chains would have better accomodations). Just trying to get that mental picture for this trip.

goudaman40 said:
We have learned how to deal with the toliets that have enough room to bring a chair in the front and require you to leave the chair outside the stall so we can both fit in the bathroom (you would think more nationwide chains would have better accomodations). Just trying to get that mental picture for this trip.
It's not an odd question at all!
Almost all the handicapped stalls in MK and most of them in Epcot are like this quote from your post. (I don't like to call them accessible because they are barely accessible).
The accessible stalls in the Studio and at AK are the much larger ones with room for a wheelchair inside and a sink.
This link goes to the official WDW disability information page, which includes a list of locations of the Companion Restrooms.

We found an "accessible" bathroom at the Harbor House (restuarant in MK dont remember the full name)- Shaped in a triangle, couldnt get the stroller and us into the stall and then when we finally got it you cant open the stall door all the way with the stroller being there. I cant describe it but it was awful. Well at least we laughed about it- :teeth:

We found an "accessible" bathroom at the Harbor House (restuarant in MK dont remember the full name)- Shaped in a triangle, couldnt get the stroller and us into the stall and then when we finally got it you cant open the stall door all the way with the stroller being there. I cant describe it but it was awful. Well at least we laughed about it- :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter