ABD Trip Insurance Information H1N1

figmentfan2009

Mouseketeer
I'm majorly paranoid right now... So I called ABD and the travel insurance people associated with the adventure to check.

FYI...

H1N1 is a covered travel delay event even if you are not the one with the flu... if anyone with the flu effects your ability to complete your trip...

You can get $150 a day up to $500 if you are delayed 6 hours or more on your trip.

If you are quarantined for 50% of your trip (and according to the lady I talked to from the insurance people 7 days is close enough to half to file a claim) you can be reimbursed for the cost of your trip (I believe that means the ABD cost, not flight, not associated quarantine costs if there are any but I'm a little fuzzy here).

In both cases, keep all receipts and have, in writing, that you were affected by quarantine in order to back up your claim.

This is only the insurance that is purchased through ABD with the trip, I don't know about other policies.

Take the flier that cam in your blue folder that has the trip insurance information with you (or at least the back page copied off) so you have the contact numbers and Protection Plan IDs if you need to contact anyone.

I'm pretty sure DH is upstairs changing our seat assignments to the back of the plane so we have the least chance of all of us getting affected by someone on the plane that might test positive for anything. That way part of our party might still be able to go on the trip even if the rest of us are stuck in quarantine... that is one of the benefits of having older teenage kids...

Just a bit of added information because China (at least) is still very very wary of anyone with any kind of signs of what might accidentally be construed as sick.

ff2009:scared:

Figment Fan 2009, I tried to send you a PM, but for some reason, it gets stuck and won't go through.

We just got home today from our ABD China trip. The ABD part is absolutely fantastic. The quarantine part is absolutely AWFUL.

We were pulled from our hotel on the second day of our ABD adventure because someone on our plane within three rows of our seat had the virus. The conditions in quarantine were awful, and no place for children. It was a terrifying experience. This is very real, and very scary. Our congressman contacted the US Embassy and there was still no way to help us. We had to stay in that awful place under horiffic conditions.

I'll post about the insurance when I find out what is going to happen.

I want everyone to know how completely fantastic ABD was through our ordeal. They stayed in constant contact with us. They helped us when we were released. We will definitely book another tour with ABD. I can't say enough positive things about ABD and the fine people who worked with us to help. They are a quality operation and were very focused on our family.

2GirlsMama, I'm SO SORRY to hear that you were affected by the H1N1 scare!!!! How long did they hold you in quarantine?

I'm glad to hear that ABD was so fabulous for you. It had to have been a horrid situation; I'm sure knowing ABD was on your side & working for you was at least *some* help... Being in this kind of situation in a foreign country has to have been scary!

I'm really interested to read your report, when you get the time, about this whole situation, and the *good* parts of the trip!

Sayhello

Oh 2GirlsMama what a horrendous nightmare for you and your loved ones. I so hope the insurance company doesn't disappoint you. I take it you weren't able to go on with the trip. Thank you for reassuring us about Disney's concern doing your ordeal. I'll be looking for your posts regarding the insurance outcome.

We are starting to recover from our experience with quarantine in China. It was a huge disappointment. It was hot (101 degrees in Beijing, and there was no air-conditioning), it was scary, and it was filthy. Our daughters are starting to open up and talk about the experience so I think that is a good thing. I really appreciate your kind words.

Again, none of the quarantine had anything to do with ABD, and they did absolutely everything in their power to try to help us. They stayed in constant contact with us. We talked to other people in quarantine whose tour company left them hanging. Our exerience with ABD assures that there will be future ABD trips in our future. Nothing but positive on that front.

We have been in contact with our awesome travel agent. She thinks we will be able to recover a great deal of our expenses through the trip insurance. We have documentation from China that shows we were quarantined. ABD said they will provide whatever information we need to the insurance company. So, even though nothing has happened yet, right now it seems positive.

We are starting to recover from our experience with quarantine in China. It was a huge disappointment. It was hot (101 degrees in Beijing, and there was no air-conditioning), it was scary, and it was filthy. Our daughters are starting to open up and talk about the experience so I think that is a good thing. I really appreciate your kind words.

Again, none of the quarantine had anything to do with ABD, and they did absolutely everything in their power to try to help us. They stayed in constant contact with us. We talked to other people in quarantine whose tour company left them hanging. Our exerience with ABD assures that there will be future ABD trips in our future. Nothing but positive on that front.

We have been in contact with our awesome travel agent. She thinks we will be able to recover a great deal of our expenses through the trip insurance. We have documentation from China that shows we were quarantined. ABD said they will provide whatever information we need to the insurance company. So, even though nothing has happened yet, right now it seems positive.

I personally think that people have over reacted with this "flu" considering the stats during normal flu season, but China is over the top, when the whole swine flu thing started they were quarrantining anyone who had a mexican passport. I am so sorry this happened to you and your family especially the little ones, at times it is hard for adults to understand situation but being a child it must have been horrible for them. I am glad ABD was there for you and that does say a lot about them as a company on the whole.

2girlsmama- I sent you a PM. Please send me a message back with details. I know a person who is a very high up man in the government over there and he told me that If I hear anything like this to please give him details so there can be an investigation of the place where you were quarantined ( I dont need any of your personal details such as name, address, or the like) Just detailed info on what you experienced so I can forward it onto to him! I am trying to help out any future traveler into china not have the same experience as you did, and have to deal with any of the horrible conditions. When I was in china 2 weeks ago for 10 days, I stayed with him, his wife, and his daughter (my exchange student last year) and we had an in depth conversation about this, I brought up an article that was on CNN while i was there about the conditions of quarantine. He told me that if I heard of any of this myself please let him know the details because the quarantine conditions are not supposed to be like that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter