ABD Photopass Question

GirlfromTN

DIS Veteran
From what I understand, the guides on the ABD trips take photos during the trip, and then afterwards you can buy the pics on a photopass cd. We're going on the Backstage Magic trip so we'll be at Disneyland too, and plan on getting some photopass photos taken there as well. Does anyone know if you can combine the photopass pics from the ABD guides with the photopass from the DL parks onto 1 cd? I am thinking this would be a moneysaver if possible. I wouldn't want to buy the separate DL photopass cd because we probably won't have time to get too many pictures on it, but I would love to be able to combine the two.

I would think you could. I added the ABD photopass number of our friends who went on the same trip and it worked fine. Once you enter the ABD code it works just like any other Photopass. The only thing I think would be an issue is you may only get the ABD add ons (which didn't work for us), and we paid the full Photpass price, not the cheaper Disney DLR one.
You will LOVE this trip!

You don't get a photopass card while you are on your ABD trip - the guides just take photos throughout the trip. About 2-3 weeks upon your trip completion, you'll receive a letter from ABD with a photopass # and you'll log on to disneyphotopass to look at your pictures. From there you can decide which ones you want, if you want to purchase a CD, etc. I would think that you will be able to combine your DL and ABD trips on to one CD, alotting that you have enough time. Photopass pics stay on the site for 30 days. You'll have your photopass from your DL trip immediately, however, it will be 2-3 weeks before you get your photopass # from your ABD trip. If it takes the full three weeks to get your ABD photopass, you only have a week to look through all of your pics, edit them, create a digitial scrapbook, etc. to combine both trips onto your purchase of a photo CD!

I would think you could. I added the ABD photopass number of our friends who went on the same trip and it worked fine. Once you enter the ABD code it works just like any other Photopass. The only thing I think would be an issue is you may only get the ABD add ons (which didn't work for us), and we paid the full Photpass price, not the cheaper Disney DLR one.
You will LOVE this trip!

What is the price then for the ABD photopass? Is it the full price (same as you'd get from WDW)? I wonder if I could get the less expensive DL photopass cd and just add the ABD pictures...but not sure if this would work.

I don't recall the cost; seemed like it was the same price as a WDW photopass, I remember is was over $100, just can't remember exactly - sorry!

They are almost shockingly expensive, in my opinion. Single photos, either 4x6 prints or downloaded, are $14.99 apiece (you get two 4x6 prints for that though, and they won't sell you just one). The price goes up if you want larger prints or merchandise like magnets. Photo CD is $129.95. Extra copies of the CD are $19.95.

I suggest taking lots of your own photos. I did hear that on Backstage Magic there are places where you are not permitted to take photographs but your guides are. Not sure where or what the circumstances were.

Their FAQ says:
Q. I ended up with more than one Disney's PhotoPass card. What do I do?
A. You can add the photos from all of your cards into one account. There are spaces to add multiple cards on the registration page as well as on the view and order photos page. Note a Disney's PhotoPass I.D. number may only be claimed into one account.

Sayhello

My main question I guess was whether or not you could add the Adventures by Disney photos to the Disneyland Photo Pass cd, which is only $59.99 (compared to the $129.99 regular photo pass cd). I guess you probably can't, since you can only get the $59.99 cd if your pictures are only from DL and DCA.

When I went in 2007, I found a code for $99. You have to buy before you leave. Then when you return you can complete the transaction.

I thought I would let people know that photopass has gone up to $149.95 now. So don't be surprised when you go on the site and see the higher price.
As much as these trips cost I wish they would include this in the price.

When we were at WDW I found out that photopass will respect the cd price that you have. HOWEVER, we "had been" buying the CDs well in advance of the trips we took (several months so we had them all paid off and ready for the coming home). This time, the price changed between when we bought the cheaper price and when we traveled... and the photopass offer "expired" because it was not purchased two weeks before the trip.

They respected the code after a bit of discussion, but I kind of got somewhat politely slapped in the face because we aren't SUPPOSED to buy it more than a couple weeks before your trip. Lady was actually borderline snotty because I did it... and it didn't matter why or if we had had to change the trip thirty time for serious issues... it was WRONG on my part.

So, be wary... if you use a coupon code where you paid less than the full price and they don't like that fact, you may be in for a discussion on why you are doing such inconsiderate things.

:confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter