ABD if you dont have kids..

Beyondthese

Earning My Ears
We are off to our first ABD in under a week. We are just wondering how many people do these Disney trips with out kids. Just couples. We both love kids..and Disney. We are Just wondering if we will be the only 30 somithing couple?
pirate:

We are off to our first ABD in under a week. We are just wondering how many people do these Disney trips with out kids. Just couples. We both love kids..and Disney. We are Just wondering if we will be the only 30 somithing couple?
pirate:

I'm not even a part of a couple and I've been on ABD twice and wouldn't hesitate to do another one. For both trips, I did find a friend to split the room so I wouldn't have to pay the single supplement. I did specifically choose Adults Only itineraries because I don't care for children, though. From trip reports I've seen, it's not only families with children that opt for the non-adults-only versions. I can't guarantee you won't be the only 30somethings on your tour. I turned 37 on my Discovery Down Under tour and was the youngest guest. I get along with adults of all ages and we had such a great group that it was definitely an awesome trip! ;)

On our Backstage Magic trip there was only one child on the whole tour! I think alot of people do ABD without kids..Our kids are grown and grandkids not old enough to do ABD. They are very well organized and fun trips with or without kids.

pirate:

On our Emerald Isle tour last May, we had a tour group of 40 and only six of the 40 were kids. We had a blast and it's just DH & I. We plan on doing the Fairytale tour next year!

I did Southwest Splendors last year (not an Adults Only trip) but it ended up that the youngest person on the trip was the 21 year old daughter of one of the couples on the tour. There was a couple in their 30's, and the rest of us ranged from 30's to probably 70's, everywhere in between. The trips are great whether you have kids or not. I signed up specifically for an Adults Only tour this year (Alaska) because I felt I really liked the dynamics without kids (not that I don't like kids... but I know I'd be stressed out if there were misbehaving kids I had no authority over). So it's really up to you. I know I've read lots of trip reports of people, both singly & in couples, who have traveled without kids and totally enjoyed it. It's pot luck! All you really need is to enjoy traveling and being taken care of!

Sayhello

I did Viva Italia this year (my son and I) and of the 38 adventurers, about 12 were children. We had one couple with no kids with them, and another couple was on their honeymoon! Knowing what I do about my trip, I wouldn't hesitate to do one without kids. It has things FOR kids, but is not GEARED towards kids in any way. I thought it was outstanding!

DH and I are 30-somethings with no kids and just did our first ABD in June to Ireland. There were at least 14 kids in our group of 40. Most of the group were couples with 2-4 kids each. There was one other couple without kids and a mom, daughter, niece family.

It may depend on the itinarary as to how "young" the group is. We had a great time with our group. Everyone was relatively similar in age and all the kids got along great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter