AAA and DDP

sagwanamu

Mouseketeer
Is it true that you can't buy DDP with AAA discount?

I was surprised MS saying that you can NOT get AAA discount and DDP. She told me that there is no package rate for AAA.

sagwanamu said:
Is it true that you can't buy DDP with AAA discount?

I was surprised MS saying that you can NOT get AAA discount and DDP. She told me that there is no package rate for AAA.

I called AAA yesterday to price a package for end of August with free DDP. The agent told me that the price was discounted, but when I checked it against WDW website, it was same exact price, so I guess there is no discount.

We were able to book our package through AAA and get the dining plan. The main discount is on the room, but our tickets were cheaper also. We booked our trip back in Jan. and we leave in 16 days, so I don't remember exactly how much we saved going through AAA, but I would check again with another TA.

Edited to say: that if you are referring to the free dining the fall, you will not get a discount from AAA because you are getting a discount with the free dining. I tried a month or so ago to get my tickets upgraded to the tickets plus to park hop and the water parks. But I would have had to up my package price first. Silliness I know. . . .

Hope that helps.

pixiemagic30 said:
We were able to book our package through AAA and get the dining plan. The main discount is on the room, but our tickets were cheaper also. We booked our trip back in Jan. and we leave in 16 days, so I don't remember exactly how much we saved going through AAA, but I would check again with another TA.

Edited to say: that if you are referring to the free dining the fall, you will not get a discount from AAA because you are getting a discount with the free dining. I tried a month or so ago to get my tickets upgraded to the tickets plus to park hop and the water parks. But I would have had to up my package price first. Silliness I know. . . .

Hope that helps.

I agree. I actually bought AAA just for the discount (I did get a good discount for signing up with AAA too).

I have read some reports that AAA will charge extra for booking, but my agent didn't (I booked online). My AAA TA has been so great.

I had booked my AAA package before the free DDP, and when the special came out I had my TA call Disney to get me the free DDP. The free DDP special came out to be about $170 less than using the AAA package by itself. So it was cheaper to use the Free DDP special.

My TA did tell me that I couldn't use 2 specials at the same time (AAA special and free DDP special). By the way this was for staying at POFQ. I have sinced upgraded my resort to WL and the price my TA got me for WL with the free DDP was the same price I got online through DIsney.

Brad in MA.

I booked my whole trip through AAA. Room/DDP/Tickets - it came out to about $275 less than what I was quoted on the Disney site for same package.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter