A week of Disney dining in photos COMPLETE May 2

Thank you for sharing. Your pictures are making me hungry and I loved reading your reviews. 18 days till our next trip, looking forward to trying a few of these places myself.

OK I think I have the picture thing figured out. I'll start with the Flower and Garden booths. Our first stop was the Honey Bee-stro, where we sampled the honey tandoori chicken flatbread with white cheddar cheese, charred vegetables, clover honey sour cream, and micro watercress.

This was a little disappointing. The chicken was dry and as you can see, they forgot the micro watercress. I think this might have been my least favorite food that we tried at the festival.

We skipped the next two booths, Pineapple Promenade and La Isla Fresca. Nothing at the pineapple booth sounded appealing, and as much as I wanted to try the sugar cane shrimp skewer at La Isla Fresca, I was with my nephew, who has an anaphylactic allergy to crustaceans, so I decided to skip it.

Next up, The Berry Basket. Here we have the field greens with fresh strawberries, crisp quinoa, strawberry vinaigrette, and spiced pecans

The salad greens were nice and fresh and the strawberries were very sweet. They forgot the vinaigrette, but we still enjoyed it. You'll notice that this salad has a ricotta-style cheese in it, which is not part of the menu description.

We also tried the Warm Wild Berry Buckle with Pepper Berry Gelato

This was a big hit with the kids. I tried a bite and the cake was tender and the gelato has a nice flavor. It was not peppery at all.

I'm going to stop here just to be sure that the photos are displaying correctly. It's been a while since I've posted photos on the dis.
On average- what are the prices of these Out kitchens? And is it possible to walk around sampling like that in lieu of an actual meal?

Getting back to the Satu'li Canteen bowls: What is the green sauce in the bowls, and what are the white little pearl things on top? These definetly look like things I want to try, but am wondering about those items.

On average- what are the prices of these Out kitchens? And is it possible to walk around sampling like that in lieu of an actual meal?

Prices vary depending on the item. Many food items were around $5. I think the most expensive thing I saw was a teriyaki salmon dish at the Japan booth--that was $7.25, IIRC. Drinks are around $10 for a full sized drink. And yes, you could definitely eat around the booths for a full meal. I thought overall the portion sizes were larger than what I've had at prior Food and Wine festivals.

Getting back to the Satu'li Canteen bowls: What is the green sauce in the bowls, and what are the white little pearl things on top? These definetly look like things I want to try, but am wondering about those items.

The green sauce is a charred green onion (scallion) vinaigrette. It was very tasty, not overly spicy or "onion-y" if that concerns you. It was more of a fresh herbal flavor. The white pearl things are boba balls, which are made from tapioca starch. They don't have a strong flavor, it's more of a textural thing. They "pop" in your mouth. Have you ever had boba tea? It's the same thing. They are very easy to avoid of you don't like them. My friend who is a cautious eater picked them out of his bowl and went on to enjoy his meal :-)

Rose and Crown

We go to Rose and Crown every trip because my nephew loves their fish and chips. He has an allergy to crustaceans and cannot eat anything that has been fried in the same oil as shrimp, crab, or lobster. So that means most of the time when we dine out and fried seafood is on the menu, he cannot have it. Rose and Crown does not serve shrimp, crab, or lobster, so he can chow down on the fish and chips. As usual, we started with some appetizers to share.

St. James Cold Smoked Salmon with traditional condiments and Lemon-Mayo $11

Your standard smoked salmon plate.

Crock of Potato Leek Soup $8

this was pretty good but could have benefited from some fresh cracked pepper.

Everyone in the group opted for fish and chips for their entree. “Rose & Crown’s Signature Dish” Beer-battered and served with House-made Tartar Sauce $22

My sister and I split a plate and ended up regretting it. The fish was smaller than in prior years and i could have eaten more than half. This was the only place we regretted splitting food! The fish was crispy and not greasy. i noticed that the mushy peas on the side are a thing of the past. No one really missed them.

My brother in law opted for a Nutty Irishman in lieu of dessert. i don't see this on the online menu, but it was basically an Irish coffee.

Everyone else sampled a few desserts (well, the bites we could get before the teens devoured them).

Warm fruit crumble with anglaise cream $7

This was gone before i got a bite. I guess it was good!

Sticky toffee pudding: Steamed Pudding “Cake” served with warm Vanilla Custard and hot Butter-Rum Sauce $8

I managed to steal a bite of this, and it was very tasty. Anything with toffee or caramel is aces for me.

Finally, the banoffee tart: Banana, Jameson Irish Whiskey-Caramel, Sweet Cream, and Chocolate $7

I did not try this as my sweet tooth was sated after the taste of the toffee pudding, but everyone else really liked it.

We always enjoy our meals at Rose and Crown. It's one of the more reasonably priced restaurants in EPCOT too which is nice.

Up next: another pub meal at Raglan Road

Rose and Crown looks delicious. I have only had a pint at the bar but really would like to try it one of these days. It is a shame they don't serve the mushy peas with the fish and chips, I love them :)

Raglan Road

After a fun experience at The Void's Star Wars virtual reality experience, and a stop at Jock Lindsay's Hangar Bar for a drink:

We headed over for a late dinner at Raglan Road. We decided to share an order of the Scallop Forest: Georges Bank scallops in a golden batter served with citrus lime dipping sauce and sweet chili jam $16

This was very tasty! The scallops were piping hot and tender. I enjoyed the chili jam the best.

We also shared an order of the Smokie City: Creamy baked haddock and Dubliner cheese dip with potatoes, tomatoes and toasted baguette $15

This was very rich. We were not able to finish it, but enjoyed what we had.

I did not get pictures of everyone's entrees, but here are a few.

My sister chose the Cushy Cod: Citrus and butter poached Atlantic cod, lemon and herb crust, creamed leeks and mashed potato $28

A HUGE thick piece of perfectly cooked cod with rich and tender leeks. This dish was enough for two people! I should have shared with my sister but really wanted the

Gnocchi Sea, Gnocchi Do: Handmade potato gnocchi, seared Georges Bank scallops, crispy pork belly, tomatoes and kale in a white wine butter sauce $27

Again, this was a very large dish! The flavors were great but there was no way I was eating all of that gnocchi. Luckily my husband helped :-). The scallops were tender and i loved the kale in white wine sauce.

Other dishes ordered and enjoyed included the fish and chips, beef stew, and bangers and mash. By the time all that food was eaten, only the teens wanted dessert. My niece went for the dessert sampler $12:

i don't remember what all of them are, but it definitely had the trifle and the bread pudding.

My nephew chose the Ger's Bread and Butter Pudding $9.50

Wow! We have never ordered this before and it was so delicious! Incredibly rich but worth it. Despite everyone sharing we unfortunately were not able to finish this awesome dessert. There's a lot more pudding packed into that teacup than you think! We decided this dessert will have to be a Disney tradition.

Up next: a final meal at Flying Fish

Can't wait for Flying Fish! I just booked our first return there since the refurb!

Wow! Everything looks so delicious! The funnel cake is really calling my name! Thank you for sharing all your pictures. They are so crisp and like something out of a magazine.

Sorry it took me longer than I expected to finish this! Life got in the way. Final review!

Flying Fish

Everyone in my group really likes the Flying Fish, and we knew we wanted to end our trip with Illuminations, so we booked an early dinner here.

We started with some appetizers to share.

Chef's Daily Crudo Offering: Ahi Tuna, Caper, Blue Lavender, Black Cyprus Sea Salt $10

The tuna was incredibly fresh and the salt really made the flavors pop.

Crispy Virginia Oysters,
Flying Fish Roe, Sea Beans, Lotus Root $13

Fantastic! The oysters were perfectly fried, not at all greasy, and the sea beans added a saline snap that worked really well. I also want to mention that my nephew with the crustacean allergy loves fried oysters, and the chef agreed to make him his own plate that he cooked in a separate pan rather than in the fryer to avoid cross contamination. That was incredibly kind, as we did not ask him to do that. The (excellent) waiter overheard us talking about his love of oysters and took the initiative to see if the chef could accommodate him.

My nephew also had an Endive and Frisée Salad: Poached Pear, Varietal Oranges, Pistachio, Goat Cheese, Walnut Vinaigrette $12

After eating the oysters and salad he decided to skip a full entree and ordered a cheese plate for his entree $22:

Too much time has passed for me to remember what they were, but all were devoured.

On to the entrees. My niece ordered a steak: New York Strip Hickory Char-crust served with your choice of Asparagus, Mushrooms, Celeriac Risotto, and Grand Marnier-Black Truffle Sauce or Roasted Fingerling Potatoes, Haricot Vert, and Sauce Foyot $44

The waiter recommended that she get it with the house special spice coating. I think she would have preferred it without. I don't eat red meat so did not taste it, but I think it was a bit too peppery for her. The meat was perfectly cooked medium rare, and she ate quite a bit of it.

My sister ordered the Pumpkin Swordfish, Florida Coast served with your choice of Harvest Vegetable Mélange and Potato Beurre Blanc or Leek Fondue and Cassis-Red Wine Sauce $42

As you can see from the photo she chose the potato beurre blanc. I've had that treatment before and find it a little bland. She agreed. The vegetables were perfectly cooked, as was the fish (though the cut was thinner than she prefers).

My brother in law chose the Mahi-Mahi, Caribbean Seas served with your choice of Harvest Vegetable Mélange with a Potato Beurre Blanc or Leek Fondue with a Cassis-Red Wine Sauce $34

He also chose the potato buerre blanc, and enjoyed it much more than my sister. The mahi was delicious.

My husband also chose the mahi, but with the leek fondue and cassis red wine sauce

This is the same sauce and vegetable that used to come with the potato wrapped snapper. It's not on the menu, but it's important to note that the cassis red wine sauce is a veal based sauce, if that matters to you. I double checked that this was still the case since I don't eat veal, and it is still made that way. My husband enjoyed this immensely, and ate the entire plate!

My friend chose the Skuna Bay Salmon Antebellum White Grits, Shishito, Cilantro-Cumin Sauce $39

He loved this dish! The grits were incredibly rich and the salmon was perfectly cooked.

Finally, I chose the Hokkaido Scallop Garganelli Pasta Key West Pink Shrimp, Savory Tomato Sauce, Artichokes, Braised Fennel $48

This was perfection on a plate! As you can see I asked them to omit the shrimp in deference to my nephew's allergy. I did not miss them at all. The scallops were so sweet and tender, there was not an overwhelming amount of pasta, and the sauce was so delicious! I think it might have been a blend of tomatoes and roasted peppers. My husband nicked a scallop and some of the sauce and agreed that it might have been the best dish of the night.

On to dessert! Well, for two people, anyway. Only my niece and my friend thought they could manage a dessert.

My niece chose Blueberries, Limes, and Sea Shells: Mascarpone Cream, Blueberry-Lime Compote, Hibiscus Meringue, Rye Bourbon Caramel $9

It was devoured so quickly that I did not get a taste.

My friend went with the show-stopping Under the Sea: Valrhona Chocolate, Chocolate Coral Sponge, Pistachio Sand, Dehydrated Milk Foam, Tasting of Three Sea Salts $12

We were all wowed by the appearance of this dessert. It looks like a little coral reef! I thought the taste was out of this world, and I don't usually even like chocolate!

And with that, our visit to Disney concludes until next time. Thanks for reading along! :-)

Thank you for sharing, your pictures are beautiful! they put mine to shame lol

I really appreciate your reviews. It was interesting to read your comment about the maize crusted halibut. I too was disappointed in it a few months ago for the same reasons as you. I'd had it before and couldn't wait to have it again, but found it very dry. Yet DH had the filet and said it was excellent.
I'll be writing down some of your reviews of the F&G booth offerings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter