Updated with Trip Report Link! - A Trip of Firsts! - A September 2018 Pre Trip Report

Love all of your plans!

Congratulations on your amazing weight loss! How did you do it?!?! My goal is to also loose 100 pounds before my WDW trip next year. I want to lose a total of 40 pounds by a different trip I have planned for this July.... I'm down 18 thus far! Keep up the great work!

Thank you! I've been doing calorie counting (around 1400 calories a day) and then walking for a bit each day (usually at least 5k steps)--finally found a system that works for me. And congrats to you!!! You keep up the great work as well!! :)

I'm joining on your report! Congratulations on all your firsts for your trip! I've only stayed in a deluxe for 3 nights for our honeymoon so I know the excitement of getting to stay in one for a longer trip as we'll be doing AKL 9 nights in November.

Yay for your weight loss! Congratulations!

I have that same green Little Mermaid shirt. It's adorable!

Can't wait to read more!

I'm joining on your report! Congratulations on all your firsts for your trip! I've only stayed in a deluxe for 3 nights for our honeymoon so I know the excitement of getting to stay in one for a longer trip as we'll be doing AKL 9 nights in November.

Yay for your weight loss! Congratulations!

I have that same green Little Mermaid shirt. It's adorable!

Can't wait to read more!

Thanks for joining in! Oooh, AKL in November sounds awesome! :) It is very exciting to know that you've got all that time in a deluxe coming, right? *happy dance*

The LM shirt is one of my favorites--I've been very impressed with Disney's tshirt game, though I'll be honest I'm still waiting for a Sleeping Beauty shirt that I love...the BatB ones and Little Mermaid shirts seem much more fun/cool than any of the Sleeping Beauty ones, which is a bummer 'cause she's my favorite. All that to say, yes, I love that shirt too!

Your trip sounds so amazing!! I love all the extras that you're doing. I would love to try and do some but as it's our first trip I'm trying not to let things get too out of hand and I don't think my packed schedule for our trip will allow it anyway - although I am planning on booking the Star Wars dessert party as a surprise for my fiancé. He's a Star Wars fan so think he'll enjoy. (I'm totally not but I am a dessert fan, haha).

Congratulations on the weight loss too, that's fantastic and a HUGE achievement! I'm also on a weight loss journey and am about 55lbs down - would love to lose another 30 before my wedding but that seems a bit ambitious! Just need to stick with it!

Excited to keep up with your plans :)

Your trip sounds so amazing!! I love all the extras that you're doing. I would love to try and do some but as it's our first trip I'm trying not to let things get too out of hand and I don't think my packed schedule for our trip will allow it anyway - although I am planning on booking the Star Wars dessert party as a surprise for my fiancé. He's a Star Wars fan so think he'll enjoy. (I'm totally not but I am a dessert fan, haha).

Congratulations on the weight loss too, that's fantastic and a HUGE achievement! I'm also on a weight loss journey and am about 55lbs down - would love to lose another 30 before my wedding but that seems a bit ambitious! Just need to stick with it!

Excited to keep up with your plans :)

Aloha! Thanks--I'm super excited. Do ALL the things! :) Though for your first trip I think you have the right idea--I can't wait to hear about the Star Wars dessert party! Your fiance will love it--I've been lurking on the Star Wars in HS studio thread, and all the reviews are glowing, both of the desserts and the viewing area for the fireworks/projection show. :)

Thank you! And congrats to you as well! That's a great achievement, in my opinion made even bigger by losing it with the stress of wedding planning and all--I totally gained weight planning my wedding...super stressful. Good luck with making your goal by the wedding! You can do it! :)

I LOVE how detailed all your planning is!! I'm like that too, but rarely share it with others. LOL!
How wonderful that you have a different Disney shirt for each day!!!
I think you've got a fantastic list of 1st and an awesome line-up of ADRs!!
I'm really excited for you :)

How Much More Money Can I Give Disney?
Well, I picked a park bag! Definitely the black one--the smaller size is perfect. It's got enough space, but not too much. I've taken it with me on a couple of my walks to see how it feels, and I think it'll be good. It's nylon, and they say it's "water resistant" (though I haven't tested that part. :) ), so all my boxes checked. :) I even put my Mary Poppins pin on the strap! I have another (bigger) Mary Poppins pin that I want to put on the front but not sure I should pierce the nylon of that very front pocket. *shrugs*

I had a bag of similar Material that I put a pin on the front of. It not only fell off but the bag was permanently marked. It does not "close up" again like softer fabrics.

Last edited:

September 21st: Epcot/Hollywood Studios
    • Bon Voyage Adventure Breakfast at Trattoria Al Forno: 9 am
      • a breakfast with Rapunzel and Flynn and Ariel and Eric, only steps away from our hotel? Yes please! If we get Elena of Avalor instead, I'll be bummed. But I will console myself in my steak and eggs.
We will be at Disney during the same time! We have Bon Voyage reserved for the same day as you at 10am! Our HEA party is on the 19th, my son's 12th bday. I will be keeping my eye out for you guys!

I LOVE how detailed all your planning is!! I'm like that too, but rarely share it with others. LOL!
How wonderful that you have a different Disney shirt for each day!!!
I think you've got a fantastic list of 1st and an awesome line-up of ADRs!!
I'm really excited for you :)

I know, I'm crazy! Glad to meet someone else who is a crazy detailed planner :) It's actually been a great distraction--there's been some stressful life and work stuff, so I've really been having fun with the planning. :)

I had a bag of similar Material that I put a pin on the front of. It not only fell off but the bag was permanently marked. It does "close up" again like softer fabrics.

Ooh, thanks for the tip! I won't put the pin on the front--I'd hate to lose it. :(

We will be at Disney during the same time! We have Bon Voyage reserved for the same day as you at 10am! Our HEA party is on the 19th, my son's 12th bday. I will be keeping my eye out for you guys!

Oh fun! That's awesome that we have the Bon Voyage breakfast on the same day!! And HEA is a great thing to do for a birthday--I hope your son loves it! All the reviews have been great; I can't wait to try it. :)

MNSSHP Costume!

ShopDisney.com had a sale a week or two ago, so I decided to bite the bullet and order the Mary Poppins Dress Shop dress. I wasn't sure about the fit, but with the sale, figured I could buy it and if it didn't fit, I'd just send it back. It came today, and it fits! The waist is a little high, so it feels a bit odd, but since it's going to be a MNSSHP costume, I'm not as concerned as I might otherwise be. And the best part? it has POCKETS! :) Well, and the part where it's super light and comfy and not hot at all, which will be great since we're going in September. :)

IMG_4518.JPG

Next step is to find a reasonable facsimile of Bert's Jolly Holiday costume for Trevor. He is (rightfully so) skeptical of my crafting skills, so I'll look around on etsy and see what we can find for him. I'm thinking a t-shirt or a vest with the orange/red stripes, and then white shorts (cause September is going to be hot!). We'll see what I can find.

On a separate note, I went crazy with buying celebration buttons on Etsy--lookit! First pic is my buttons, second pic is Trevor's buttons. :) It is a bit of a lesson that I need to read the descriptions on etsy better--didn't realize the small buttons were smaller! But overall, I like 'em. :)

IMG_4521.JPG

IMG_4522.JPG

Following along! Food & Wine Festival is my favorite time of year at Disney! Staying at the Boardwalk for that is a smart choice! The ease of EPCOT is amazing. Love your plans going so far!

Following along! Food & Wine Festival is my favorite time of year at Disney! Staying at the Boardwalk for that is a smart choice! The ease of EPCOT is amazing. Love your plans going so far!

Aloha!! :) F&W sounds so amazing—I can’t wait to try it. Any tips/tricks on navigating it? Or must dos?

Aloha!! :) F&W sounds so amazing—I can’t wait to try it. Any tips/tricks on navigating it? Or must dos?

Going when the booths open at 11AM will beat a lot of the crowds. Avoid Friday Nights or most of Saturday (outside of 11Am to Noon) unless you want to deal with large crowds. Review the menus before hand so you know what goodies you want to try! Don't feel like you have to try every booth.

Going when the booths open at 11AM will beat a lot of the crowds. Avoid Friday Nights or most of Saturday (outside of 11Am to Noon) unless you want to deal with large crowds. Review the menus before hand so you know what goodies you want to try! Don't feel like you have to try every booth.

Lol our first night is going to be a Friday night trying to hit some booths! But your other tips we're definitely planning to follow--I spent some time drooling over last year's menus today...anxiously waiting the announcement of this year's menus. :)

You’ve inspired me to write my first trip report!! I’m so excited for you! I’m trying to lose weight for our trip since it’s our honeymoon! Hopefully Disney can motivate me

You’ve inspired me to write my first trip report!! I’m so excited for you! I’m trying to lose weight for our trip since it’s our honeymoon! Hopefully Disney can motivate me

Aw, you're so nice! I'll have to look up your trip report--I love reading them. :) Ooh, a honeymoon at Disney--gonna be so fun!! Good luck with the weight loss--I will confess I was totally unable to lose any weight leading up to my wedding with all the stress and planning and everything, so you're a better woman than I :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!