A Tale of Horror and Fantasy Hard rock club level 10-7 thru 10-10 2017

I do remember looking at his phone and both pictures were on it

I am sending a note to Robbie and ask her about those pics

I know she has one of me
You could text them to me, if that's easier. I'm sorry! I didn't realize till later that I had no pictures of y'all. My phone is testy in dim light. Boogers!

Sunday evening was HHN with express pass. I can't vocalize enough the need for express pass. The waits were unreal. My favorite house was Dead Waters. M liked Shining, I think because he was most familiar with that story.

Hubs mood was deteriorating, he wasn't going with us. He knew the scooter would be unmanageable in such crowds.

Just as we left HRH the rain came. I had purchased Dollar Store ponchos, but had left them in the room. We bought a couple in the Hard rock store instead of returning to the room.

By the time we reached the Studios, it was a storm. We ran for cover to the will call area. As it turned out, this was the resort guest entrance. I started correspondence with Macraven. We finally met at Monster Cafe and made some funny pictures with the electric chair.

HHN is a fantastically fun event. We missed the Bill and Ted show, had no idea of the times till we passed in front of it.

I really enjoyed Diagon Alley during the event. It was deserted.
2017-10-15 20.19.53.jpg
2017-10-15 20.20.42.jpg
Robo told us things to look for in this area and we revisited Monday morning and did as she suggested.

We continued through most all of the houses and scare zones. I think we only missed Ash and the evil dead.
2017-10-15 20.17.42.jpg 2017-10-15 20.18.18.jpg 2017-10-15 20.16.26.jpg

The last two pictures I snatched off the Internet. I was having a hard time focusing in the dim light and M was getting agrivated with me.

Last edited:

Monday M and I went to Universal Studios, taking our time. We rode Kings Cross train over to IOA.

2017-10-17 11.31.17.jpg 2017-10-17 11.29.21.jpg 2017-10-17 11.28.53.jpg 2017-10-17 11.30.31.jpg

That afternoon we relaxed by the pool. The movie shown was Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs. Afterwards, M and I walked the path to Citywalk.
2017-10-17 11.29.47.jpg

It was nice to meet you and your son.

Mac is really sweet about trying to connect with folks who contact her from the Dis. Glad I was with her to meet you also.

Sorry to hear your hubs was not happy with the club level at HardRock. I believe his immense hunger probably intensified his unhappiness for sure.

My husband was the park and coaster fan in his younger years and now he likes to go hunting and it’s me who likes the parks more now.

There are a few of us ladies on the Forum here that leave the hubby’s at home and go and enjoy, Park time, pool time and HHN.

It’s so nice to be able to enjoy eating when you want, sleeping when you want, enjoying parks and HHN however you want.

My hubby knows how much I love all things Halloween and he is happy I go and have a good time. He is sweet fella for sure.

I always feel safe at Universal.

Hope you are able to come back to Universal again.

Your garden is beautiful.

Here’s the pics
D421580A-AC3E-42A7-9408-C9E89AE24A0C.jpeg
CB9F504C-A35C-45AB-99F9-84BA7EBC6541.jpeg

I will text these to Mac so she can text them to you.

Thank you Robo! She sent me the pictures yesterday evening.

Hubs enjoyed the parks when he was younger too. This is his fourth trip down but he never sulked like this before. I think it was his protest against club level. I told him of our plans in enough time to change them. The weird thing was, we left HRH and continued our vacation at Disney's Boardwalk villas. The moment we entered BWV lobby his whole demeanor changed. He was smiling, loved everything about Disney.
2017-10-18 08.51.51.jpg

2017-10-18 08.54.48.jpg

2017-10-18 08.53.40.jpg

2017-10-18 08.55.20.jpg

He still didn't go to the parks with us very much, but he did go to dinner with us, some. I guess he's just a homebody now. Maybe he was happy because vacation was half over.

So do what I do for the Orlando trips

Leave him at home and go solo

Guaranteed you will have a fun vacation
Lol

So do what I do for the Orlando trips

Leave him at home and go solo

Guaranteed you will have a fun vacation
Lol
Absolutely! I may take Hubs to the beach in the future, but no more traveling for him. M is such a trooper. I'm thankful for him.

Just want to thank all the people who helped me plan this trip, especially the HHN portion.

Here is a cute picture of Macraven, without her guidance, I would have been lost.

12223.jpeg
The funny thing is Hubs is telling his friends about our wonderful trip. It's still his last one. M is a junior in high school. I can see him returning with me again.

it was great meeting you and your son!

join the group of us ladies that leave the husbands at home and go to the darkside for hhn in the evening and the parks in the daytime....

Thank you for your report @chs27. I was debating club level and we decided against it for our next trip. If it doesn't save us anything, I can't justify the expense. So glad you were able to meet up with others on this forum. It sounds like you will enjoy future trips with your son or going solo. My DH doesn't complain or sulk or anything. He just gets bored if I want to go more than once every 4 years and tries to talk me out of things I want to repeat. I may also need to go solo sometime. Not everyone can be as obsessed as I am with themed entertainment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts