A Solo Trip: “I Can Only Imagine” A Spooky Time At Walt Disney World! Sept. 2018!*COMPLETED 1/26/19*

(Update from last night)

The MERCYME Concert was absolutely awesome! I can't wait to see them again tonight! :)

After the concert, I would travel to some more Food & Wine Booths, ride an attraction, and just enjoy the environment of EPCOT in the evening.

I would see Illuminations last night which is my favorite nighttime show at Walt Disney World.

It was then time for me to head back to my Resort to get some rest. However, I would be up until 2 a.m. because Rafael Nadal was in an incredible tennis match at the U.S. Open (Nadal is my favorite tennis player). So, getting a lot of rest was then out of the question lol.

Stay tuned for more live updates! :)

Good afternoon!

I started my day off in Animal Kingdom.

I would travel to a different planet and fly on a dragon creature twice. I would also say hi to the Yeti, and my favorite Disney character (profile picture).

I am now off to EPCOT for a nice lunch, some singing by a certain acapella singing group, and another concert by one of my favorite bands!

Last edited:
(Update from yesterday)

I ate lunch at Nine Dragons with the Eat to the Beat Dining Package. Everything was good except for the dessert. I’ll get into that in my official updates.

The Voices of Liberty performances were amazing as usual!

My 2nd time seeing MercyMe was awesome! Definitely a great band and each show definitely sold out.

I would then make my way to Disney’s Hollywood Studios to ride a few attractions.

I would see Fantasmic, and I continue to question why I “pain” myself through that show.

I would also see Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular which I think continues to get better every time I see it.

I would then make my way to Disney Springs where I would get dinner at the new eating establishment, Chicken Guy. It wasn’t anything special.

I would also check out some stores, and get a chocolate shake at Ghiradelli before making my way back to All-Star Movies.

Sounds like you are having a fantastic trip! Hope things have been quieter in your hotel room through the connecting door! Can't wait for the regular updates to begin. Enjoy the rest of your trip!

I would see Fantasmic, and I continue to question why I “pain” myself through that show.
Because you hope deep down that this version will somehow magically be as good as Disneyland's version (before or after the recent updates).

I would then make my way to Disney Springs where I would get dinner at the new eating establishment, Chicken Guy. It wasn’t anything special.
Some of the YouTube video reviews I have watched indicated that this isn't the best Chicken Tender place they have eaten at. But for the price point, it is a really good choice/option. Also, I think it may have to do with the sauces that you end up selecting. Different people have different tastes. Overall, I think most of the reviews I have seen have ended recommending this place. Disney Springs needed some more quick service type of locations. I think one of the major downsides to Chicken Guy is that there is very limited seating inside.

Hi everyone!

Today started by going to Disney’s Hollywood Studios where I would ride attractions and eat at Woody’s Lunchbox before walking to EPCOT.

When I got to EPCOT, I made my way to the American Adventure where I would listen to every Voices of Liberty performance of the day.

This is one of the best Voices of Liberty days I have ever had!!!

Shoutout to @PrincessP who came up and said hi to me. It was great getting to meet you!

After an amazing day at the Voices of Liberty, I would make my way to get my AP cutting board and ride an attraction.

I’m now eating dinner at Sunshine Seasons, and I have no idea where I’m going next.

Was great to run into you again yesterday! Enjoy the rest of your trip and I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for a Golden Dream for you!!
Just letting you know that the Voices of Liberty sang “Golden Dream” today and a lot of other rare songs. One of the best Voices of Liberty days ever!!! :)

I would decide to go to Magic Kingdom for the last couple hours of my final evening at Walt Disney World.

I would take the Walt Disney World Railroad to Storybook Circus, see Mickey's Philharmagic, and ride the PeopleMover before I got a spot for Happily Ever After about 10 minutes before the show started.

I found a spot for Happily Ever After along the route that Tinker Bell flies. So, it was neat to see her fly up close instead of far away like I usually do.

I would then have 15 minutes to ride attractions before the park closed for the night. I would make my way to Winnie the Pooh which was a walk-on about 8 minutes before the park closed. When i got off Winnie the Pooh, my last ride in Magic Kingdom would be Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.

It was then time to make my final walk down Main Street for this trip and take the bus back to All-Star Movies.

I would then watch the Philadelphia Eagles win ( :) ) and pack ( :( ). Go Eagles!!! :)

Hello everyone.

My time at Walt Disney World has come to an end. I was able to visit a park this morning though.

I would travel to Disney's Animal Kingdom where I was moving non-stop!

I would get on Kali River Rapids, Dinosaur, and Expedition Everest before Rafiki's Planet Watch opened.

I would then take the train to Rafiki's Planet Watch since I was wanting to meet Rafiki. I had a surprise when I got there though. I would find out that Rafiki is now meeting outside the building instead of inside the building.

I would then take the train back to Africa where I would go on the safari, as well as, walk through Gorilla Falls.

My last ride of the trip would be Flight of Passage and the last Disney show I would see is Festival of the Lion King.

After the show, I noticed Timon had a short wait so I got a picture with him as well.

It as then time to head back to my resort and catch Disney's Magical Express. I would get lunch at the All-Star Movies cafeteria though which was ok.

It is now time to head to the airport on Disney's Magical Express.

Just letting you know that the Voices of Liberty sang “Golden Dream” today and a lot of other rare songs. One of the best Voices of Liberty days ever!!! :)

I saw that it happened yesterday! So excited for you. It looks like they did it again today too, and they did One Voice, You Raise Me Up. I’m sad to be stuck at work right now!! Hope you had a wonderful trip and hopefully I’ll catch you next time! :) What other songs did they do for you??

I saw that it happened yesterday! So excited for you. It looks like they did it again today too, and they did One Voice, You Raise Me Up. I’m sad to be stuck at work right now!! Hope you had a wonderful trip and hopefully I’ll catch you next time! :) What other songs did they do for you??
They did One Voice and Golden Dream. I was hoping for You Raise Me Up, but requested it to late lol. They did a lot of normal stuff, but the soloists were then amazing. They didn't do "Gonna Build A Mountain" which made me happy. They did "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" which I hadn't heard for a while. They didn't end their last set of the day on "America the Beautiful" which made me extremely happy. They ended on "God Bless America." :)

(Update from yesterday)

Hi everyone.

When I got to Orlando International Airport, it would take me about 15 minutes to get through security.

My flight was 15 minutes delayed which wasn't bad.

I would enjoy watching some U.S. Open Tennis on the flight. :)

I would like to let all of you know that I made it home safely.

Thank you for reading my live updates. My official updates will be starting really soon! :)

Tiffany really makes me think that "Golden Dream", when sung by her, could make a case for our national anthem (not really, but she is spectacular). We were there Wednesday night, but the crowd looked a little daunting so we skipped Mercy Me (I've seen them at a paid concert).

Glad to hear Voices of Liberty sang some rarer songs!

Tiffany really makes me think that "Golden Dream", when sung by her, could make a case for our national anthem (not really, but she is spectacular). We were there Wednesday night, but the crowd looked a little daunting so we skipped Mercy Me (I've seen them at a paid concert).

Glad to hear Voices of Liberty sang some rarer songs!
I did hear Tiffany sing "Golden Dream" along with Josh. A video will be posted later in this Trip Report *hint hint*. :)

Sad you missed the MercyMe concerts, but that is cool that you have seen them before. They put on a great show, and every show was full with a long stand-by line! I'm just happy I had the dining package both days. They are coming to my local area in a couple weeks, and I am tempted to buy a ticket.

I did hear Tiffany sing "Golden Dream" along with Josh. A video will be posted later in this Trip Report *hint hint*. :)

Sad you missed the MercyMe concerts, but that is cool that you have seen them before. They put on a great show, and every show was full with a long stand-by line! I'm just happy I had the dining package both days. They are coming to my local area in a couple weeks, and I am tempted to buy a ticket.

Jealous on both accounts! I think they may be touring here in Florida; I saw them at a local church years ago (maybe 100 in attendance).

Looking forward to the video.

They did One Voice and Golden Dream. I was hoping for You Raise Me Up, but requested it to late lol. They did a lot of normal stuff, but the soloists were then amazing. They didn't do "Gonna Build A Mountain" which made me happy. They did "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" which I hadn't heard for a while. They didn't end their last set of the day on "America the Beautiful" which made me extremely happy. They ended on "God Bless America." :)

I still haven't gotten One Voice! Apparently they did it yesterday too, but they did it at the 150 set which I feel never happens. It sounds like you had a really great selection of songs though! I'm going tomorrow for a few so I'm hoping I get lucky :)

I would then take the train to Rafiki's Planet Watch since I was wanting to meet Rafiki. I had a surprise when I got there though. I would find out that Rafiki is now meeting outside the building instead of inside the building.
He has been there since at least March. When I went back there he was outside in March. Only Doc meets inside as far as I know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter