A Solo Trip: “I Can Only Imagine” A Spooky Time At Walt Disney World! Sept. 2018!*COMPLETED 1/26/19*

Welcome to the official start of my live updates!

I would have a great flight to Orlando.

Disney’s Magical Express was a mess this morning. Once I got checked in, I didn’t wait that long for a bus. What was horrible was the check-in process. There were 4 lanes open but each one wasn’t moving. The lines were backed up just to check-in. I mostly figured that it was people who didn’t set-up the service on the phone or online all showing up at the same time. Basically, I was getting annoyed because it has never taken me more than 10 minutes to check-in for Disney’s Magical Express. I usually just walk-up. What got me really annoyed is that I missed an All-Star bus because of the back-up.

I would have a resort issue when I got to All-Star Movies. I will not report about this issue due to part of it being personal. I think I have learned to not trust Disney Call Center Cast Member’s though.

I would then get a room at All-Star Movies while at the desk, and I was happy to find out that I got a renovated guest room! It smelled “new.” :D

It was then time to head to my favorite Walt Disney World Theme Park!

Stay tuned for more live updates! :)

I would travel to Disney’s Animal Kingdom to start my trip. As soon as I got off the bus though, Walt Disney World decided to greet me with a down pour rainstorm.

The rainstorm eventually was a good thing, because it has kept the parks st cooler temperatures. :)

I would ride a few attractions, eat lunch on a distant planet, and see my favorite Theme Park Show! :)

It was then time to travel to EPCOT to say hello to the Voices of Liberty.

I would have an interesting experience to just get my Annual Passholder Food & Wine magnet. The line was atrocious, but I still got it!

I would then take the monorail to the Polynesian where I got dinner at Capt. Cooks.

I’m now exploring the Magic Kingdom (that is already decorated for Halloween...ugh)!

Stay tuned for more live updates!

My evening in Magic Kingdom was a lot of fun.

I would ride some of my favorite attractions in the Magic Kingdom. This includes one of the best daytime Jungle Cruise slippers I have ever had!

I would see Happily Ever After this evening. The people that showed up behind me half way through the show hopefully learned a lesson tonight. Show up early, and you might get to see the show. Don’t complain for the last half of the show that you can’t see behind me and the people with kids on their shoulders when you are actually standing in the “walkway” anyways. Not to mention that they had their boyfriends carrying them when I turned around after the show to head towards the exit. 2 adults being carried by 2 adults. Well, ok then...:confused3

In other news, Disney has returned to having the “larger” fireworks again in the “Go the Distance” part of the show so that made me happy!

After traveling this morning, it’s time to head to All-Star Movies where I will get some rest. I got a long day tomorrow!

I will see all of you in the morning! Good night! :)

MNSSHP tomorrow!! Do you have a good plan? Hah, I love a good MNSSHP plan.
My plan for tomorrow is stay dry. LOL! :D

It is probably going to be a wet party at this point. I do want to hit the new "ride" overlay things, ride Haunted Mansion, Trick-Or-Treat, and see the entertainment of course. :) I'll mostly go with the flow at the start and the end of the party.

My plan for tomorrow is stay dry. LOL! :D

It is probably going to be a wet party at this point. I do want to hit the new "ride" overlay things, ride Haunted Mansion, Trick-Or-Treat, and see the entertainment of course. :) I'll mostly go with the flow at the start and the end of the party.

Rain might not be bad though, unless there's lightning. Some of the best parties are the ones where it's wet at the start then it lets up.

Goodie...I have been gifted with a guest room that has a connecting door. The problem is, I can hear the international family that has their kids screaming and the family is up talking at 5:45 a.m. Good thing I was planning to get up within half an hour or I would have been even more mad than I am.

I guess I'll just get an earlier start to my day! :)

Good morning!

This morning I would travel to Disney’s Animal Kingdom for Extra Magic Hours where I would get on 2 of my favorite attractions. Extra Magic Hours was scheduled to start at 8 a.m. this morning.

I would arrive at the park at 7:10 a.m. with not a lot of people at the entrance yet. It definitely filled in behind me though. I would enter the park at about 7:25 a.m.

At 7:30, we were walked all the way to Flight of Passage which I found it strange that it was already open. I talked to a Cast a Member, and they said that they typically try to open the attraction 30 minutes early due to the chaos.

I would get off of the ride at 8:05 a.m. This is 5 minutes after Extra Magic Hours officially began.

I would then make my way to another ride at Disney’s Animal Kingdom before making my way to EPCOT.

I would enter EPCOT 15 minutes after the park opened.

I’m ready for my first day of trying food at the 2018 Food & Wine Festival! :)

I had a great time in EPCOT!

I got to ride several rides in Future World before enjoying several Food & Wine booths! :)

There are several stand-outs this year st Food & Wine. My stand-out dish from today that I tried is the Maple Cheesecake!

I would then listen to 4 performers of the Voices of Liberty which were absolutely awesome! :)

I would then travel to the Magic Kingdom!

It is now time for Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party! Hopefully the weather cooperates!

I had a great time in EPCOT!

I got to ride several rides in Future World before enjoying several Food & Wine booths! :)

There are several stand-outs this year st Food & Wine. My stand-out dish from today that I tried is the Maple Cheesecake!

I would then listen to 4 performers of the Voices of Liberty which were absolutely awesome! :)

I would then travel to the Magic Kingdom!

It is now time for Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party! Hopefully the weather cooperates!

I missed lift-off, but I’m back on track. Love the updates -sounds like you are on one heck of a pace! VoL are way up on my list ...it’s crazy that people actually walk by not even knowing they exist?!?

Update from Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party tonight!

The weather held up! There was absolutely no rain and it made for a great night in the Magic Kingdom! :)

I arrived at the Magic Kingdom at about 3:30 and went straight into the park since I have an Annual Pass.

I had several fastpasses that I used before the park officially closed to normal day guests at 6 p.m.

I would get my party wristband at about 4:45 p.m. in Tomorrowland.

I had dinner at Columbia Harbor House during the “dead hour.” That place is still my favorite quick service location in Magic Kingdom.

The characters I met this evening were Mickey and Jafar and both had practically no wait. I saw Mickey in his Halloween costume during the “dead hour” and Jafar right when he started at 7.

I would then adventure to every trick-or-treat area and every ride overlay (Pirates of the Caribbean, Mad Tea Party, Space Mountain) before the first Boo-To-You Parade.

I would also ride Haunted Mansion this evening with no wait after the fireworks.

I would see Boo-To-You twice this evening. One time from Main Street and the other time from Frontierland. I would catch HalloWishes from the Hub. I would also see the last Hocus Pocus Show for the evening in the Hub.

I would leave the party with 2 full bags of candy! :D

Overall, a fantastic night! One of the best Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Parties that ive attended! :)

I’m excited about tomorrow!

Last edited:
I missed lift-off, but I’m back on track. Love the updates -sounds like you are on one heck of a pace! VoL are way up on my list ...it’s crazy that people actually walk by not even knowing they exist?!?
I’m usually always on a brisk pace when I’m at Walt Disney World! :D

I completely agree. I really enjoy when I hear of someone that has never seen them before who is reading my trip reports say they are going to see them on their next trip. :)

Was great to run into you again yesterday! Enjoy the rest of your trip and I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for a Golden Dream for you!!

Greetings from EPCOT!

This morning in Disney’s Hollywood Studios was awesome! I found myself all over the park.

The Annual Passholder Event is a success for Toy Story Land! The Land was dead, and I rode Slinky Dog Dash 3 times, Alien Swirling Saucers 2 times, Toy Story Mania once, and I met Buzz, Woody, and Jessie in 50 minutes. I walked on every attraction...literally.

After the event, I would ride more attractions, see a show, and meet more characters.

I would then travel to EPCOT where I had a great lunch at the Rose & Crown. I also had the Eat to the Beat Dining Package.

I would then spend a little over 3 hours listening to the Voices of Liberty.

I would then get in line for the band I traveled to hear play! That band is MercyMe! I’m so excited, and it is now time for the concert! :)

Was great to run into you again yesterday! Enjoy the rest of your trip and I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for a Golden Dream for you!!
It was great seeing you as well! Unfortunately, they did not do it today. Maybe one day this week! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter