A Princess, A Royal Room and a CRAZY Auntie EE and Uncle Goey Updated 1/12 COMPLETED

Dinner at Epcot...

After meeting a few princesses while Gia slept soundly in her stroller, it was time to head over to the Italian Pavilion for dinner. We had reservations at Via Napoli. Since I am married to a man who is 100% Sicilian, there always has to be some kind of Italian meal involved on vacation (or 2 or 3). Remember, we already ate at an Italian restaurant with my sister and Todd while in St Pete.

We parked Gia's stroller, gently woke her up and were greeted with a big, lazy smile. She took a great nap! I went to check us in, so Gia could take a few minutes to get reacclimated with the world...

We were seated very soon after check-in and ordered drinks right away. Joe had the Sicilian Sunset. Thanks, @Terra Nova guy for helping me remember the name. I had a nice glass of Moscato. I honestly can't remember what Joe had for his appetizer, but I had the arancini. These were good but not nearly as good as the ones my mother-in-law makes. And, let me tell you, these are a labor of love. They are very time consuming. For our entrees, I had the Quattro Formaggi Signature Pie. This was delicious, and I am totally craving it now, as I look back at the pics I took of it...Joe had the
Pepperoni Signature Pie. He also enjoyed his choice. We both declined dessert because we were full, but Gia had a huge glass of chocolate Gelato. I wish I had taken a picture of her face when our waitress brought it out to her...Epic fail on my part. Needless to say, she was beyond thrilled!!!

After dinner, we walked around Epcot for a while but decided not to stay for Illuminations. I believe we did some shopping and then went back to POR. We needed to pack up, get organized and get to sleep. Tomorrow I was going to get my first look at Pandora and I was so excited!!!

0962256F-FA7D-434B-B95A-5932558C843B.jpeg F4E5364E-3992-40A6-8CCA-202FA662E6B0.jpeg 0D191139-D6DD-4491-8ED0-A5E4FA07B36B.jpeg A7587A9E-A2E9-40C7-A8BF-EB208252EDB0.jpeg CF276387-5D6F-4130-9149-6D5C7175B01A.jpeg

No wonder I like Joe, I'm Sicilian too :-) I'm only a quarter (my Mom was half Sicilian/half Czech) but close enough!

Speaking of Sicilian, Via Napoli just has the best pizza don't they! We have lots of good pizza places around here, but nothing ever seems to stack up to Via Napoli in Disney. Must be some pixie dust or something on there :-)

No wonder I like Joe, I'm Sicilian too :-) I'm only a quarter (my Mom was half Sicilian/half Czech) but close enough!

Speaking of Sicilian, Via Napoli just has the best pizza don't they! We have lots of good pizza places around here, but nothing ever seems to stack up to Via Napoli in Disney. Must be some pixie dust or something on there :-)

I always call myself a Faux Italian, because I'm a mutt. :rotfl: I'm German, Irish, Swedish, Polish and Russian...I like to pretend I'm Italian because I think it's a totally cool nationality!!!!

Via Napoli does have good pizza!!!! We have a lot of great pizza places around here (living outside of Chicago), but nothing really compares to VN. It's something about the crust...Plus, I think just being in Disney and eating pizza beats (hands down) eating pizza in Illinois during a blizzard (which we had on Sunday night into Monday)...Or really any day of the year...:cool:

For our entrees, I had the Quattro Formaggi Signature Pie. This was delicious, and I am totally craving it now, as I look back at the pics I took of it...Joe had the Pepperoni Signature Pie. He also enjoyed his choice.
Of course you can just me like me and have both! :laughing:
I did prefer the pepperoni, but they are both great. I expect anything from Via Napoli would be good.

REAL LIFE UPDATE:

Just thought I'd pop in to post a couple pics of Ali and Ashley since they weren't able to join us on our October trip...The first one is Ali all happy because she was finally able to vote for the first time. Plus, she is majoring in Political Policy/Marketing, so this was a big deal for her...The next one is Ash with our kitten, Jack. As you all remember, we adopted him a year ago. He is an absolute joy and we all smother him with our love every day...

7052DBB8-C836-43E0-A38B-CC21A03D4596.jpeg BD7A5B92-7170-4EE4-AE6D-7EEABD717598.jpeg

Just found your report and enjoying reading along.

Gina is a sweetie. I am impressed at your princess and cocktail count! Love the Avocado Margarita

I love the pizza at Via Napoli, we visited on our trip in August, coming up soon! I agree the arancini is fair here, it use to be better and you got 4!

Cute pictures of your girls! Andi voted for the first time this year as well!

I love your Disney ornaments and your Christmas card is wonderful!

I love the Nemo ornament, I got a really cute Chip one blowing his bubbles in his chipped cup!

Loving the Disney ornaments. We get one on every trip though this year I took a little artistic license and got a Madam Leota one. Probably more for Halloween, but I figure if Disney can start Christmas parties the day after Halloween I can put it on my Christmas tree :-)

Loving the Disney ornaments. We get one on every trip though this year I took a little artistic license and got a Madam Leota one. Probably more for Halloween, but I figure if Disney can start Christmas parties the day after Halloween I can put it on my Christmas tree :-)

I totally agree with this! As a matter of fact, I also have a snowman tree, and I have an ornament that looks like a pumpkin snowman, and he goes front and center...

We say Goodbye to POR and Hello to the World of Pandora:

Yes, it was time to leave our beautiful Royal Room, but time to FINALLY see Pandora...I know. I know. It took me long enough to get there...Anyway, we packed up, loaded up the car and drove the few miles to Animal Kingdom (Isn't it funny how you always leave Disney with a lot more than you started with?). We parked the car and started the LOOOOOONG walk from the car to the entrance of the park. And, it was HOOOOOOT outside. Needless to say, we were all sweaty before we even scanned our bands...Be sure to notice my gorgeous, pulled back sweaty hair...:P

We went straight to Pandora because I was literally dying to see it and we had our first Fast Pass for Navi River...We stopped along the way so I could admire this new land and take tons of pics, both with our phones and of the Photo Pass variety...

I absolutely LOVED Navi River!!! I know I am in the minority here, but I would totally wait in a long line to ride it again. I loved the story, the colors, the animatronics and the animals (whatever they are called that would move along through the ride. I totally need to rewatch Avatar to catch up on what everything is called). Anyway, after Navi River, we took some more pics and made our way to the Safari for our second Fast Pass.

We didn't take too many pictures on the Safari, because we were too busy trying to point out all the animals to Gia. I will say that we got quite a surprise when we got to the hippos. It was even better than August when Joe and Ashley got to see an ostrich peeing...Yep, we were lucky enough to see the hippo shoot poop into the pond he was lounging in. Oh, it gets better...Then, we watched as a flock of birds flew into the pool of poop and EAT IT...No, I don't have any pictures of it (and I don't think you all would enjoy seeing them, so we will leave it at that)...

Next up, LUNCH...

86C54F13-8EFB-418D-A7EC-18C8BD083B96.jpeg DEEDB9F1-7B60-42E9-84E6-79BFBC9C9F33.jpeg 161BBCAF-13CA-4AF9-9328-6052F98B5AEC.jpeg D3D68803-E71E-472C-AD30-45EFF110E5A6.jpeg 9FA6B634-DC8B-495C-A99D-61F97810AE46.jpeg ED9F9F0F-7022-46BB-9725-3DBFC243E13B.jpeg A810F5A5-F844-4A0F-A462-1FA096ADC4D4.jpeg 9CC72FCF-7FC7-448F-94E4-FCA47FDCED10.jpeg

I have the three hitchhiking ghosts and the HM wallpaper ornament in my tree!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter