A couple Hilton Head questions take 2!

SwanVT2

DIS Veteran
We would really rather not rent a car to get from the Savannah airport to HH resort. Are there any shuttle companies that provide service? Or do we need a car? I do see that the resort is in walking distance from a nice shopping center. We are most interested in pool time, ocean time, kayaking and a dolphin cruise.
Thank you for any help!

Last edited:
We would really rather not rent a car to get from the Savannah airport to HH resort. Are there any shuttle companies that provide service? Or do we need a car? I do see that the resort is in walking distance from a nice shopping center. We are most interested in pool time, ocean time, kayaking and a dolphin cruise.
Thank you for any help!

Not sure if there is a shuttle service but I’m sure you could get a cab or Uber from the airport. We recently did a HHI trip and didn’t move the car once we were at the resort. We did the Dolphin Seafari tour, walked to dinner each night, walked to the food store and shopping center next door, and took the shuttle to the beach.

Not sure if there is a shuttle service but I’m sure you could get a cab or Uber from the airport. We recently did a HHI trip and didn’t move the car once we were at the resort. We did the Dolphin Seafari tour, walked to dinner each night, walked to the food store and shopping center next door, and took the shuttle to the beach.
That sounds like a great trip. How did you find the noise at HH ? I have read in the studios you can hear people next door with connecting doors and footsteps.above. thank you

That sounds like a great trip. How did you find the noise at HH ? I have read in the studios you can hear people next door with connecting doors and footsteps.above. thank you

As far as noise in a studio, the set-up is such that the 1 BR that it connects to has a front hallway area on the other side of the door. Also, a trick I learned here is to put a rolled up towel at the base of the door to muffle the noise. The studios that are in the main lodge are less likely to have noise from footsteps above. A

you can request the top floor-no footsteps above! We were on the second floor of the main lodge once, and we didn't get bothered by footsteps above as much as we have when we've been in one of the other buildings that have studios. The disadvantage in the Main Lodge, however, is the hallways. Lots of times people. big and small, seem to run and yell (and think of echos) in the wooden hallways.

you can request the top floor-no footsteps above! We were on the second floor of the main lodge once, and we didn't get bothered by footsteps above as much as we have when we've been in one of the other buildings that have studios. The disadvantage in the Main Lodge, however, is the hallways. Lots of times people. big and small, seem to run and yell (and think of echos) in the wooden hallways.
We would be staying in a studio. Are all studios on the 1st floor?

We would be staying in a studio. Are all studios on the 1st floor?

Besides the studios in the Main Lodge, there are studios in 5 other buildings, one in each, and those 5 are all on the first floor. The five buildings are 16, 18, 19, 28, and 31. Building 18 has a gorgeous marsh view, but being on the first floor was a deal-breaker for us.

All of the Studios (and 1BRs) located beyond the Main Lodge are beneath the first floor of a Grand Villa which may occupancy of 12 guests - thus 12 people tromping above your villa. All of the non-Lodge studios/1BRs are beneath a GV so expect some noise from above.

If that is important, always request a Main Lodge Studio or 1BR villa as all other villas are 2BRs.

There are times when the GV will NOT be occupied, but those are few and far between.

We were just there for Easter and stayed in a studio (building 19 I believe) and had no noise issues. Very close to parking...not much of a view though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter