A bunch of refurb news

Maybe it's a good sign for the 70th. This is kind of how things were leading up to the 50th as far as rotating closures before the celebration began. It totally stinks if you are going during a time when a favorite ride is down especially if you are an infrequent visitor. On the other hand, people keep complaining about the ride breakdowns and deteriorating show, and the way to address some of that is to close down rides and work on them.

This is terrible and I really wish they shared this news further in advance. I really do think there is some deferred maintenance they are trying to make up from HM and Splash being down most of this year. They probably delayed some other stuff.

I am 100% okay with closures. Things need to be maintained.

I just wish they could schedule a little more out so you could pick dates based on what matters to you.

For my travel partner, Space was very important and we picked the few dates in September it’s still closed. Some may say we are “lucky” for the refurbs cards we got dealt in the refurb lottery. For us, other dates in September would have been better..if we had known.

Last edited:
Maybe it's a good sign for the 70th. This is kind of how things were leading up to the 50th as far as rotating closures before the celebration began. It totally stinks if you are going during a time when a favorite ride is down especially if you are an infrequent visitor. On the other hand, people keep complaining about the ride breakdowns and deteriorating show, and the way to address some of that is to close down rides and work on them.
They also did the same in the year before the 60th with some of the classic fantasyland ride updates.

I guess it’s not to bad after all that my trips starts the first weekend of Christmas time.
I was quite shocked when I found out… let alone that’s the date when tiaras opens…
but I guess even though it will be full like a madhous at least most rides are supposed to be open…
(Though that makes it even more crowded if people postpone their trips for a couple weeks…:teleport:)

The refurbs this year are crazy for sure…
Let’s hope it helps to not repeat a year likes this year…

One more time for the folks in the back:

If ride closures bother you, go during the summer.

While you can still get closures they are more rare. And when they happen, like HM and Splash this year, they were announced many, many months in advance.
Actually I would say for a number of years now we have typically noticed the fewest planned ride closures during the mid-November through New Year holiday period.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest