A break from DL/ LA day

dr&momto2boys

DIS Veteran
We'd like to spend a day in Los Angelos on our next trip to DL. I know we will go see a movie at El Capitan Theatre and have ice cream at the place near there. What else should we do in LA with kids?
Also what hotel would you recommend? (A nice hotel within walking distance of the theater and hopefully other stuff would be great.)
We are staying at the Villas at the Grand Californian for our trip but the last day wasn't available (we are waitlisted) and we want a back up plan.
Thanks for any recommendations and tips!

We'd like to spend a day in Los Angelos on our next trip to DL. I know we will go see a movie at El Capitan Theatre and have ice cream at the place near there. What else should we do in LA with kids?
Also what hotel would you recommend? (A nice hotel within walking distance of the theater and hopefully other stuff would be great.)
We are staying at the Villas at the Grand Californian for our trip but the last day wasn't available (we are waitlisted) and we want a back up plan.
Thanks for any recommendations and tips!

Wow ... there is just so much to do in the LA area and many different hotels. The think about Hollywood is that it can get real interesting at night. Some are downright uncomfortable with atmosphere and others just find it eclectic. I'm not sure what is best to suggest for you and your party.

Olvera Street! (Don't miss the taquitos at Cielito Lindo) And depending on their ages, maybe the children's museum.

This year we stayed at Magic Castle Hotel.

It is just 5 minutes walk from elcapitan and theatre area.

Almost all the rooms are proper suites with kitchens and 2 bedrooms.

The staff are amazing and you get free snacks and drinks whenever you like.

The outside doesnt look that great but the inside is fantastic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter