A Best Friend Birthday Extravaganza!! NEW TR LINK!! 5/16!!!

know we rode ET, cause it had just opened up, and I lurrrrveee that ride! So we probably did that next, and when we swung through what I’mma call the hub, managed to catch the tail end of the Dora parade/dance party thing going on, and I SAW MELANIE!!! It was super exciting cause we’d said our “goodbyes” a few days ago at Trolley, I didn’t know she also worked at Universal, so we went to say hi!

Untitled by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

I don’t know what that jungle cat’s name is, but he was playing with my hair lol.

When they were on their way out, someone noticed BEETLEJUICE ACROSS THE STREET!!AAAHH!! I’m honestly still salty they closed that show, I saw it ONCE, on my LAST day at Universal during my program and LOVED it and naturally hated that it was closing….

I honestly DON’T think I’ve seen the live action movie but I LIVED for the animated tv show on the weekends growing up!

I know we went to the Horror Make Up show, which is ALWAYS win, and we stopped to say hit to Katy’s sister who was character attending with the Simpsons. We met up with Gene at some point, and the group of us hung around Betty Boop & Olive Oil for a while, Olive even made up a wicked rhyming song about Canadians! This also reminds me that in our adventures BEFORE superhero Isle, we ran into Popeye & Olive Oil & then stalked around until we found Betty since Steven HAD to meet her, I’m just missing those photos!

We got ice cream at the Ben & Jerry’s place, and Gene left us to head into work (over at Fear Factor today). The three of us left stopped for another meal at Diagon Alley

We rode Men In Black, which for some reason I’d never been on before, and I honestly enjoyed it! I also was surprised since Kara LOVES pugs so much that we’d never been in the gift shop as I spent so much time snap chatting her ALL the pug march!!

Eventually it was time to head over to Fear Factor! Gene does some of the hosting/amping up the crowd/assisting for the show, and again, never had seen it! I was also SO bummed my back was SHOT because I would KILL at doing the physical stunts! I worked on high ropes courses at camp, and have always had a want to be a stunt performer lol, BUT, not today….eating stuff?! NO WAY!! (even though Gene did tell us some secrets….like…i KNEW they couldn’t make them eat expired dairy products) plus I have allergies so I wouldn’t be allowed. And no bugs…nope..no bueno…

The show was pretty neat, it was LONG, but it was cool to see. Definitely probably held more of an audience when the show was still on air/still more popular.. (is it still on tv??!) We all enjoyed it!

Post show we kinda discussed what to do, I believe it was Gene’s last show, but the three of us were wiped, sore, and it’d been a long hot day. Thanks to Katy, we’d gotten on everything we’d wanted to, and we’d met a TON more characters. The parade ended up getting rained out, so we gift shop-hopped our way out of the park to avoid the rain, along the way we made ONE pitstop, for another new ride! The Jimmy Fallon ride! They give you colour coded cards once you’re through the first part to dictate when you’re going to load, but the “queue” room has live entertainment that is hilarious, so we spent a good chunk of time watching it before we rode. The ride was actually super fun, but it wasn’t long before we were leaving and jumped in an uber back to AoA! (THOUGH, Missy the previous day had been having some CRAVINGS for certain kinds of fudge from Universal that weren’t anywhere else, so I picked some up for her on our way out)

Back at the hotel I think we might’ve gotten a pizza, or at least some kind of dinner before calling it an early night (and wishing something other than Avatar was on the tv’s lol)

Guys…it’s our last day…it feels like forever ago…yet it STILL came to fast….

Sometimes I just REALLY love travelling with boys….

We were up and ready in 20 minutes….and to the park in no time… #bless

We stopped at Starbs, Steven got food? I got a cup of hot water & a cup of ice, mixed in my instant coffee, some milk, vanilla powder, then poured it over ice to make it tolerable lol…. Then we headed to the castle stage for our last welcome show, but not before I made Steven take my picture

IMG_4030 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4033 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4039 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

And yes,…we wore our Trolley outfits again…pls don’t judge us…we didn’t smell..we liked the outfits…and the other bounds we had for that day involved me wearing a full length dress in that heat which was NO BUENO!!

IMG_4042 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

I assumed I video-ed the show today. We opted to skip the first trolley show to take advantage of an empty fairytale hall!

IMG_4061 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8050772784 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8050692007 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8050692818 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

Steven was probably JAZZED on life, Tiana is his favourite, literally, has a shrine in his house, bahahha

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8050692108 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

Steven got a video of Elena for his company, specifically for one of the girls who spends a lot of time in Avalor!

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8050771481 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8050770800 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

We said bye to the princesses and hurried back to Main Street for our other friends!!

IMG_4067 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4074 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

We chatted for a bit with the kids, and after they left I made Steven take my picture again!

IMG_4098 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

LITERALLY the biggest difference between this trip and my last is I had to do all the settings on my camera, explain the angle I wanted a pic from, and ask Steven to take my pic a million times a day, whereas with Kara, we’ll be walking or standing somewhere and she’ll be all “do this….look that way…be a princess…move a foot to the left…stop making that stupid face…” bahahhaa

We stopped in city hall, Chi wasn’t there, but we made some extra fast passes for the day, and raced off to Winnie the Pooh quickly before having breakfast in the Master’s Castle!

IMG_4108 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

iT’S COMPLETELY ACCEPTABLE TO HAVE CUPCAKES FOR BREAKFAST AT DISNEY

IMG_4110 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

I did the breakdown of cost and honestly, you can get the grey cupcake at breakfast or lunch, and you get the pastry plate at breakfast so it’s honestly more worth your money then!

IMG_4110 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

I got the kids crepes! They were alright!

IMG_4112 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

I’ll never get over how gorgeous it is inside BOG, I will dream forever of having my wedding reception in here!

IMG_4118 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4126 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4142 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

Post breakfast we circled through Bells’ village.

IMG_4145 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

And then somehow ended up in Avelor …

IMG_4150 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4152 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4154 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

I don’t remember if I explained of not, BUT I got the photo pass pics from Amanda, who I am linked with. I am also linked with Steven, BUT, him and Amanda are not linked, so I’m missing a bunch of photo pass pics, along with EVERYTHING from Steven’s camera/phone. SO, we’re dealing with what I have, I apologize!!

We took the long way past the Wishing Well on the way out, and i probably made 1000 wishes

IMG_4157 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4158 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4159 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4161 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

I mean really, back in 2014, I made a wish into this well and it actually came true, so Imma keep trying overtime!!

Steven & I had a date in Wonderland next, and I WAS SO HAPPY to see this little daydreamer again!

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8050793841 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8050793842 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4169 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

We said goodbye to Alice and circled around the front of the castle for another Friendship Faire viewing!

IMG_4199 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4202 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4235 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4270 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4289 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4304 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

It was the 11:30 (?) MRFF, So the 12:00 Trolley was right behind us, but it was HECK-A crowded, so we meandered our way down to the Train Station to watch from the fourth stop, and from UP this time!

IMG_4326 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

My Summer Trolley Bow from Kara (sewitsmagic HURRY before she moves to Florida & closes shop next spring!)

IMG_4334 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4344 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4346 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4350 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4356 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

Post show we spent a good chunk of time talking with them, mainly Chrissy, as we said our goodbyes, after all, I had NO idea when I’d be back at this point (and wouldve been WAY more emotional if I’d realized it’d be A YEAR!!!) UGH #feelings

Steven & I walked them offstage, and hung around to watch MiSi come out, then followed down to the castle since Gene was hosting today!

IMG_4361 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

It was too hot, and we needed a break, so to The Peoplemover we went!

IMG_4364 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4365 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

So beautiful…and currently single… hahahahahahah

On our way back over to the centre of the park we ran into Constance, who chatted with us about how the Trolley kids would MUCH prefer our outfits in this heat! I also look ridiculous in the pics cause Steven had to answer a business call mid convo, but continued to try and take pics with his other hand….

IMG_4368 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

We said our byes, and grabbed some CORN DOG NUGS from Caseys and chilled on the hub grass for a while. We rode Pirates, then jumped in the line for Aladdin & Jasmine (though they weren’t even out yet!) During that time, I got a text from Missy, as they were there, and about to leave, but she needed her fudge! i RACED over to the hub to meet them and say goodbye & pass over the treats, and we took a selfie, but Franklin has it…so…sorry lol. I then RACED back to Agrabah, as MULTIPLE people had been texting me at once. I found Debbie and Steven together, bless the fact that they knew each other lol! We’d met Debbie through a mutual friend when she’d been on her CP a few years back, she’d since been transferred(?) hired back into entertainment, which was awesome!!

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8050986070 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

Then it was FOF TIME!!

IMG_4389 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4398 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4412 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4420 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4434 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4440 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4449 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

RUN TO BARBERSHOP!!

COLLECT A GENE ALONG THE WAY FOR BONUS POINTS!!

IMG_4492 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4514 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4523 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4528 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4543 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4547 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

We’d had potential plans to RACE over to DAK for one last FOLK today, but because we’d done double parade, we wouldn’t have made it in time for the show AND back again for the nighttime stuff and everything we had planned!

So we used our FP to go see my fave term!

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8051062338 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8051062343 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

We briefly popped back to Frontierland for HOEDOWN! Cause who doesnt’ love that!! Watched some Country Bears, then FP’s over to Pixie Hollow!

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8051202466 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

We chatted with Think about the winter woods, and how I was a frost talent, and Steven naturally brought up Terrance and we all agreed they needed to come back!!

We had fast passes for Rapunzel & Tiana next, where we talked about kissing frogs, making beignets for Naveen at 2am.

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8051222103 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8051222602 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

We swung through AGAIN on the same side, cause that’s what we do, and Punzie realized what we were dressed as and GOT SUPER EXCITED and made me twirl!

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8051304204 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8051304785 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8051305477 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8051305481 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

Before they closed for the night we swung back to Storybook Circus to see some of Debbie’s very close friends!

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8051185533 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8051188779 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

AND once more through Fairytale Hall because there was a MYSTERY PRINCESS

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8051302581 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

We twirled, we discussed how she DESERVES MORE, especially in MK, like she HAS NO MEET AND GREET THERE ANYMORE ***?!?! Aurora even said that we were twins, and I had been gifted beauty & golden hair…like..girl stop…this is too much…

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8051302586 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8051302588 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8051302590 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

Debbie, Steven & I grabbed some dinner at Cosmic Rays before heading to the hub to get a spot for Happily Ever After. Naturally it started to rain once we were there, Debbie promptly sent her debit card with Steven to go buy us ponchos while we had a lovely sing a long with the young adults sitting next to us to pass the time!

IMG_4553 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4558 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4571 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

AND THEN THE SHOW BEGAN!

Now, we’d been there a week already, it was LITERALLY OUR LAST CHANCE TO SEE THE SHOW SO THANK GOD IT WASN’T RAINED OUT (though we did miss out on Think flying) I had NOT watched it on youtube or even listened to it, so it was ALL new to me.

IMG_4573 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

Steven was ECSTATIC when TIANA started off the show, cause like, also a girl who doesn’t get enough recognition!

IMG_4604 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4659 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4682 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

Honestly, the Moana part gave me chills, and aside from that to the END I don’t remember much, I don’t listen to the full show often.

BUT, at this point in my life, I had spent A GOOD SOLID 3 YEARS working towards my dreams, performing for Disney. Wishes meant the WORLD to me, specifically the part when Ariel goes “Oh I wish, I wish I could be part of that world” because her dream to be a part of the human world was me WISHING I could be part of the Disney family. Obviously, I did achieve that eventually, but not in the sense I wished I would, I would NEVER take back the year I had working for the mouse, it brought me my literal soul mate best friend, but it also brought me the WORST post Disney depression, where I ate all the bad food, drank all the wine, and let my self esteem and body image and weight get out of control for someone who wanted to/was a performer. I stopped dancing, I stopped pursuing my dreams, I literally spent a year where I WASTED money travelling cross country to auditions. I was stuck, I was in a place that i NEEDED Happily Ever After’s message without even REALIZING IT.

So here I was, on at trip with the best friend who had accompanied me on NUMEROUS auditions, who had taken his dream into his own hands and started his own princess company. The trip that dealt with so much drama the weeks before it began, the trip after I’d actually seen my DREAM parks (especially work wise) IN PERSON with this new show, which was emotional enough as is and then it leads into Go the Distance. A song that hadn’t meant much to me before but

“keeps saying this is where i’m meant to be

can find where I belong

i will beat the odds, i will go the distance, i will face the world, fearless, proud and strong

And then the narrator comes through with the REALIST TRUTH I’VE HEARD ALL YEAR

and so our journey comes to an end, but yours continues on, GRAB HOLD OF OUR DREAMS, AND MAKE THEM COME TRUE, FOR YOU ARE THE KEY TO UNLOCKING YOUR OWN MAGIC, NOW GO, LET YOUR DREAMS GUIDE YOU, REACH OUT AND FIND YOUR HAPPILY EVER AFTER

AND I AM LEGIT A PUDDLE OF TEARS AND EMOTION ON THE GROUND IN THE HUB, LIKE I WAS UGLY CRYING. I AM LEGIT SO GLAD THE WEATHER WAS BAD AND TINK DIDN’T FLY OR I WOULD NO LONGER BE ALIVE BECAUSE HOLY POOOOOP THIS SHOW..

I was SO hesitant because Wishes was life, but HEA PROVED itself to be INCREDIBLE, it proved itself to tug at my heart strings, to show amazing fireworks, and to have an incredible meaning and story behind it, and to come into my life EXACTLY when and where I needed it.

So the show ended, I was bawling lol. Debbie Steven & I hung around the hub, as Amanda had watched the fireworks from a boat, but was on her way into say goodbye to us. she’d also picked up a princess 1/2 marathon sweater as a bday present for me at cast connections, and obviously had to give that to me!

IMG_4686 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4692 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4695 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4715 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

We somehow ended up back with Ariel and I WISH I knew what we were talking about!

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8051307071 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8051307073 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

Laws. I look at that photo and all I can think of is how photogenic we all are, hahahahah…auto smiles!!

Late night our go to is go through Fairytale Hall as many times as we can before it closes…

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8051309945 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8051306221 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

Cindy showed off her shoes and then pointed out the glass slipper pattern on her actual dress!

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8051306222 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

I passed the camera off to Amanda, and for some reason( props wanted to get the full castle into the shot) didn’t change to my lens that does low light better but yolo, we still did a decent job!

IMG_4746 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4755 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4758 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

And we stopped for photo pass on the way out (Debbie had left through the downstairs after fairytale hall I believe)

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8051315991 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8051318561 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8051318565 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

And we recreated some photos from 4 years ago!

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8051318567 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8051318569 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

On the way out we stopped at guest relations, and BLESS, we found Chi to say bye, and we took some pics!

And one last goodbye to the kingdom and thank you to walt

I know this trip report was lacking detail and probably a bit of heart considering I went through 2 computers and a iPad trying to figure things out, but honestly it could NOT have come at a better time and I will have SUCH appreciation for it ad the magic that happened on it forever.

So nice that someone could Comp you in at Universal!

Mmm i love the frozen butter beer, its the only one of I've ever had!

FUn day at Universal/IoA!

I had to laugh at your comment about explaining to Steven how you wanted your pics taken. This was SO me with my mom. She takes great pics, but there were certain ones I wanted a certain way and she had a hard time grasping it! haha But he did a great job, you look so cute in all of them!

Glad you enjoyed HEA!

Sounds like a great final night, so many cute pics!

Thank you for sharing, always love reading your reports!

So nice that someone could Comp you in at Universal!

Mmm i love the frozen butter beer, its the only one of I've ever had!

FUn day at Universal/IoA!

I had to laugh at your comment about explaining to Steven how you wanted your pics taken. This was SO me with my mom. She takes great pics, but there were certain ones I wanted a certain way and she had a hard time grasping it! haha But he did a great job, you look so cute in all of them!

Glad you enjoyed HEA!

Sounds like a great final night, so many cute pics!

Thank you for sharing, always love reading your reports!

Right?!?! I will FOREVER be thankful!!

Butterbeer in generaal is just my favorite!!! It's the main reason I want to go to Universal lol!!

Hahahaha!!! My mom would definitely be the same! It's such a stark difference from being there with Kara! Lol.

It was SO great!! I really ended up liking it and am so happy that I did!

It was a super awesome way to end the trip, I'm so happy Amanda managed to swing by after work!!

Thank YOU for reading!!! And replying!! It really does mean a lot!! I'll pop on over to your tr either today or tomorrow! Gotta catch up!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!