7 NIGHTS RPR.....TINSEL AND SUNSCREEN TRIP REPORT 2017

Awesome trip report as usual! Thanks for sharing!

We arrived in Orlando late afternoon Dec. 7th, but we stayed in the Disney area the first 3 nights checking into RPR on Dec. 10th around 1pm.

We spent Dec. 8th and 9th at Disney Springs shopping and eating. Dec. 8th was a deceivingly hot day. Overcast for alot of the day, but it did get up 84F. Dec. 9th we had a reservation at Morimoto's. Last year when we ate there it was freezing cold as well. We absolutely love Morimoto's, but everytime we eat there it's freezing cold out!! LOL!! We may have to rethink future ADR's there. ;)

We've been going to Orlando for 2 weeks every December since 2008. We were there for 2 weeks during the 2010 winter you mentioned. It was the coldest Dec. on record in Orlando history. That year we spent the first 8 nights at Disney and than the last 6 at Universal at the HRH. It was our first trip to Universal and it was crazy cold even for us Canadians. The pool was closed 5 of the 6 days we were there and we had to break out the winter jackets. The crowds were still crazy though as that was the first Christmas for HP at Universal.

As a hole we've had outstanding luck with the December weather in Orlando. Most trips way above normal temps, so we can't really complain.

Maybe we'll cross paths next December. We haven't picked dates or decided on Disney/Universal or split yet.

Thanks so much........I am so glad you enjoyed it.......

Yes, I was sorry we missed you by just one day, it would have been nice to hello to another poster on here........yes the 8th was hot wasn't it........

Oh I cant imagine how cold that must have been in 2010, we had one morning and that was enough......but with you coming from an incredibly cold climate I can imagine you were really looking for warmer temps......but sounds like it really was a one of that year......it seems to generally be a fabulous time to go.....I can see why you choose to go at that time year after year.......

We haven't set definite dates either....but if you are there will definitely hope to say Hi......again, thanks for the nice comments......:)

Many many thanks for sharing your trip with all of us

I feel like a stalker looking over your shoulder at times

lol

Thank you mac.......I am so glad you enjoyed reading along, I knew you would enjoy it.......

Nope not a stalker........lol.......thanks again, glad you enjoyed.......::yes::

Thank you so much for sharing your journey with us. I can't wait for the next one!

Thank you!!!!

It`s so nice to see anyone enjoy it, so thanks again for reading and for the lovely comments about my ramblings......

Hopefully next one end of March........:wave2:

Hooray for another fabulous trip! I'm tickled to get a mention in your report! I always write up a little report at the end of our vacations (though I have never actually put one on the Dis) and this reminds me that I need to get cracking on that before I forget what we did!

Of course you`d get a mention!!! We were thrilled you stopped to say hello.......hope to do it again some day, and maybe we can meet the whole family.....that would be lovely.......

Would love to see you do a trip report....even a little mini one.....it`s always lovely to see what others get up to at Universal.......

I`m so glad you enjoyed this one......hope to see you on the next one too........:wave2:

Great report Carole, you really captured the festive decor and mood at the parks and resorts!

So glad you had good weather, you all lucked out, really no cold or rain until the last day!

I always think it feels really cold in Florida when it is in the 50’s and I live in northern Minnesota, lol!

I will be excited to hear about your adventures in March, you all have some nice trips this year, how fun!

Thank goodness Tom’s wallet was in the car, that must have been scary.

Oh it was an awful 15 minutes waiting and not knowing if he had got it.......but the good thing was we had the passports.....anything else we could deal with, money can be replaced, but without passports........oh wait......we would have to have stayed........lol........I could have lived with that......:laughing:

Yes, we were incredibly lucky with the weather but wow was that cold on the last day.......but you must see some horrendously low temps where you live......not sure I`d manage those low temps.......

Thank you for the lovely comments, I am so glad you enjoyed reading along, and for the lovely comments.......see you in March for the next one.......although I do need to catch up on yours......I never read the Disney boards generally or any of the other boards to be honest, but I saw your name and had to look......I`m glad I did as it was fun to read........:wave2:

Just saw your post re finalizing this TR! Have been so slogged under missed it entirely, sorry

As usual in your TRs, amazing pics! Thank you, always nice to see things thru fresh set of eyes. I had no idea that hand thingie was @ HP duh.

I really enjoyed the parade, our first one. Agree the tree lighting would've had more impact if dark.

Love your hat on the 1st page, very Ruskie lol. The watches are just fab, a great pic of the guys there.

I know u say it was crowded @ HP but park crowds always seem light in your pics, you have good timing indeed.:)

How many months 'till the next trippie? :banana:

I knew you`d be around Janet.........:P

I love my Russian front coat and hat....I didn't name it......lol.....friends said I looked like a lost Russian front soldier one day.....so it stuck!!! I like to be warm........

It wasn't that crowded some days, but compared to our days in September it was busier.......but definitely not anything like later in the month!!! Couldn't deal with that.........

I like that picture of the watch fest........they are both watch crazy.........

9 weeks next Wednesday and we are off again.......not that I`m counting........:P

I know how busy you`ve been, so nice to see you.......and so glad you liked it........:wave2:

Wow, I feel like I'm right back there again! I have to admit I have never even opened this forum before but you mentioned that you had finished your report, so I had to check it out. Wanted to see if we had earned a mention! :) So you said you get the same room every time and I was wondering about that. I asked about a Theme Park view when we checked in but they said our room was already assigned and it wasn't possible. Also there aren't many King rooms with that view on that floor and they don't want to tie one up for that long. But I sure would like to know how to get a better view. I think I'll call and ask about that.

Of course you got a mention!!!

We were thrilled to meet you both.......I wish we had longer to chat though...

Put in a request when you book for a park/pool view........hope you get a better view next time.......

Nice to see you post over here though........glad it was mine you chose!!! I appreciate it.........

We were there the same week as you, but w ended the week in WDW. And oh man was it cold the last few days!! We were in long sleeved shirts, gloves, jackets.....it was cold! We loved it though as it made everything feel more Christmasy.

Thanks for the trip report, this was our first trip to Universal and we stayed at RPR mainly because of your glowing trip reports, and you were right on. The hotel was amazing and the staff was great. Our only regret is that we did two days....we really needed one more day.

Oh it was cold wasn't it.......you were certainly dressed for it though.......I wish we had brought gloves for that last day......and yes, I suppose the cold does make it more Christmassy in a way........I don't mind crisp cold as long as I`m wrapped up, but that was just windy and miserable.......

How fantastic!!! I`m so happy to hear you enjoyed RP and on your first trip to Universal.........that's the thing with both the parks and hotel.......a couple of days is never enough.......it really is a fabulous hotel with staff who go the extra mile every day.......

I`m sure you`ll get back and have a longer stay........

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment........I appreciate it a lot and it`s so nice to read........:wave2:

My apologies on behalf of any rude Canadians! :goodvibes Don't feel bad, I too am a cold-weather wimp! I am from Southern Ontario, Canada where we are currently breaking record low temperatures and when I complained about it today (as it was cold enough that my car battery froze and wouldn't start for the second time in a week) at work, I got teased as well! I guess the dip in temperature causes a dip in friendliness for some people? :laughing:

It was lovely to see Universal all decked out for the holidays, I'm such a sucker for the over-sized Christmas trees! I am that crazy woman who would leave her tree up all year long if I could!

I'm so glad that you enjoyed the final days of your trip and had a great time together as a family. I'm happy to see that you had a smooth trip home as well and look forward to seeing your adventures in the spring! :thumbsup2 Thank you again for sharing!

Oh I love Canadians really.......I even have Canadian cousins......all fabulous......well, except that one.....but there`s always one dodgy one isn't there.....lol

No this person seemed to have issues with me in general........not sure why........:rotfl:but I can guess........but honestly any Canadian I`ve ever met has been lovely........

Lol......I guess I get grumpy too when I`m cold......and/or hungry.......not a good combination together.........

You`re car battery froze twice!!!! Darn straight I`d complaining about that too........::yes:: Our country sucks in cold weather......a few flakes of snow and some places can`t cope.......we always say how, does Canada cope with flights and such when ours are delayed for not very much snow .......and Canada get real cold!!!

I adore oversized Christmas trees too.......yep, I`d love a massive Christmas tree room where we just wheel all of ours in and out every year......but go visit them through the year.......my husband decided he`d prefer a games room.......lol.....

Thank you so much for the lovely and very kind comments, I`m so happy you liked it......and yep, be back in the spring with another.......:wave2:

Thanks for Sharing! Reading your last few days made me think of how much fun we really had and how much we did enjoy the holiday decorations. So maybe there will be another trip on our future!

Thanks so much........I am so glad you enjoyed it.......

Yes, I was sorry we missed you by just one day, it would have been nice to hello to another poster on here........yes the 8th was hot wasn't it........

Oh I cant imagine how cold that must have been in 2010, we had one morning and that was enough......but with you coming from an incredibly cold climate I can imagine you were really looking for warmer temps......but sounds like it really was a one of that year......it seems to generally be a fabulous time to go.....I can see why you choose to go at that time year after year.......

We haven't set definite dates either....but if you are there will definitely hope to say Hi......again, thanks for the nice comments......:)

The morning we left Dec. 28th 2010 the temp was 26F!! :crazy2: I believe it was the coldest Temp ever recorded in Dec. in Orlando.

The next year was the opposite. We were there Dec. 14th-28th, 2011 and they had a major heat wave roll through. Temps were 80F-90F the entire 2 weeks. Even overnight lows were in the 70's.

Orlando does have a different kind of cold. I mean nothing compares to the -40 we had here last week, but 40F in Orlando does feel colder than 40F here in Saskatchewan. When its 40F-50F here I usually wouldn't be wearing a jacket during the day, but in Orlando 40F seems to cut through you a little more. Must be the humidity.

We've spent so much time in Orlando in December we're pretty much locals with our knowledge of the weather during that month. :teeth:

I loved your report and am so sad it is over! Thank you for sharing it with us! I am so glad to have so many reports to look forward to this year! Happy New Year to you and yours!

.it was 83f yesterday and today was to reach a top temperature of 51f

It was so cold that day, even colder at night!

so Kyle had a lightbulb moment.......why didn't we go back to the Mall.......well, of course he had an another motive for his sudden concern that maybe I hadn't shopped enough.

:rotfl: so thoughtful!

..oh no!!! He doesn't have his wallet.

Oh no! :eek: I'm glad they found it though!

and then were told the plane doors had frozen.

Yuck! :cold:

RPR was as always perfect.........we feel so at home here and are made to feel like family every time we walk in those doors, and every time we encounter any member of staff it`s always a lovely experience.

We ended up staying at RPR again this trip, and I have to say I enjoy it more and more every time, it's a really nice resort.

Spending time with our wonderful son was the best!!!!

Aw, I'm so glad you got to go on a trip with him.

.10 days in March at RP, 10 days in May at the lovely Sapphire Falls, a 5 night trip to NYC in July, our usual 19 nights at RP and we are planning another 10 night stay in December.

Oh wow so many trips! We're also going to be in Orlando in May, and probably a short stay in Sep again for HHN opening weekend, and then Dec for our other week.

Thanks for Sharing! Reading your last few days made me think of how much fun we really had and how much we did enjoy the holiday decorations. So maybe there will be another trip on our future!

Thank you!!

Oh I hope you do have another trip to Universal.......and glad you did enjoy reading along.........:)

The morning we left Dec. 28th 2010 the temp was 26F!! :crazy2: I believe it was the coldest Temp ever recorded in Dec. in Orlando.

The next year was the opposite. We were there Dec. 14th-28th, 2011 and they had a major heat wave roll through. Temps were 80F-90F the entire 2 weeks. Even overnight lows were in the 70's.

Orlando does have a different kind of cold. I mean nothing compares to the -40 we had here last week, but 40F in Orlando does feel colder than 40F here in Saskatchewan. When its 40F-50F here I usually wouldn't be wearing a jacket during the day, but in Orlando 40F seems to cut through you a little more. Must be the humidity.

We've spent so much time in Orlando in December we're pretty much locals with our knowledge of the weather during that month. :teeth:

lol......I can imagine you will be quite the expert on weather then.......I have never experienced cold the at you have it......coldest we experienced was -25C, I think that's -13F.........I struggled with that.......

I was watching the snow in Florida earlier on the news......glad I`m not there right now!!

I loved your report and am so sad it is over! Thank you for sharing it with us! I am so glad to have so many reports to look forward to this year! Happy New Year to you and yours!

How kind of you to say.......Thank you so much for the lovely comments over the trip reports, I appreciate it...........looking forward to our trips this year a lot!!!

And best wishes to you and your family too........:wave2:

It was so cold that day, even colder at night!

:rotfl: so thoughtful!

Oh no! :eek: I'm glad they found it though!

Yuck! :cold:

We ended up staying at RPR again this trip, and I have to say I enjoy it more and more every time, it's a really nice resort.

Aw, I'm so glad you got to go on a trip with him.

Oh wow so many trips! We're also going to be in Orlando in May, and probably a short stay in Sep again for HHN opening weekend, and then Dec for our other week.

Thanks Raeven........glad to have you along with us and so glad you enjoyed it.........

Yes, we struggled with how cold it was, even for one day......we saw some folks arrive that morning and it was strange seeing folks check in with hats and gloves on.......very weird........

Glad to hear you liked RP more this time.......of course we are totally biased and love the resort so much.......so I`m always happy to hear when folks have a good time there too.........

And you have a few trips planned this year too!!! Fabulous.......will look forward to reading about them all.........:wave2:

Thanks Raeven........glad to have you along with us and so glad you enjoyed it.........

Yes, we struggled with how cold it was, even for one day......we saw some folks arrive that morning and it was strange seeing folks check in with hats and gloves on.......very weird........

Glad to hear you liked RP more this time.......of course we are totally biased and love the resort so much.......so I`m always happy to hear when folks have a good time there too.........

And you have a few trips planned this year too!!! Fabulous.......will look forward to reading about them all.........:wave2:
Sunday the 10th I think it was about 50. I braved the trip in jacket-less and went right to the shop where I had spotted this the day before:

m_5997f8ba2599fec5ea05582b.jpg

Awesome trip report as usual!! So glad Kyle could be with you all this time, your family photos together were sweet. Thanks for taking us on the journey with you! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!