7 nights on the Magic (Barcelona to Rome): Animator's Palate show and nightly menus?

CanuckOnaBoat

Mouseketeer
I'm trying to figure out which night is the "animator palate's" dinner show on a 7 night cruise. is it on the 1st rotation? or 2nd rotation?

Thank you!

am also trying to figure out the menus for the various nights...

Day 1 -regular menu
Day 2- regular menu
Day 3 regular menu
Day 4 - ?
Day 5 - Pirate night menu
Day 6 - Formal (sea day) - what menu?
Day 7- ???

I am actually interested in how they do the menus on the Magic now that they will have Rapunzel's Table. On the Wonder last summer they addressed it this way:

Nights 1-3 - standard rotational

The second normal night you go to Tiana's you get the special Tiana's menu.
The second normal night you go to AP, you get the animation magic menu
The second normal night you go to Triton's, you get the Captain's menu

The 7th night, which was actually night 5 I think, was Frozen night so we got the Frozen menu that day. On the Magic, that would be Pirate Night.

What this meant was that for the regular nights, each dining room had a different menu.

It's hard to predict for this cruise because the pirate night is differing from how they did it last year when I looked at Navigators for similar itineraries. So..who knows. Plus, you're not necessarily going to know your rotation until you get on board so you're not really going to know which night is the second night in AP.

Thank you!

This new cruise itinerary is driving me nuts - i'm a planner and use all the past cruise info to help with that.

Edited to say: I'm trying to figure out what night to do Palo without missing formal night or the show at Animator's Palate.

Thank you!

This new cruise itinerary is driving me nuts - i'm a planner and use all the past cruise info to help with that.

Edited to say: I'm trying to figure out what night to do Palo without missing formal night or the show at Animator's Palate.
Formal night will be night 2. That's pretty consistent across all cruises.

Because the AP show is tied to your dining rotation, I think you have two options. First, you could reserve Palo on night 1 or 3. Second, you could pick another day, reserve Palo then, and put in a request to be in Lunier's that evening. That way the rest of your rotation wouldn't matter because you would be in Palo on a night you don't have a dinner show.

Thank you!

Formal night is usually the 2nd night. Aren't you going for the ports. As far as planning goes I think the menu would be the least of my worries.

Formal night is usually the 2nd night. Aren't you going for the ports. As far as planning goes I think the menu would be the least of my worries.

Thank you! I might be in the minority but I am not going for ports :) - I'm very fortunate to be in Europe often. I picked the cruise for DISNEY, rather than ports!! I want to try to spend as much time enjoying the ship as I can- and *trying* to relax.

But don't get me wrong - I do definitely plan to enjoy the ports too!

Formal night will be night 2. That's pretty consistent across all cruises.

Because the AP show is tied to your dining rotation, I think you have two options. First, you could reserve Palo on night 1 or 3. Second, you could pick another day, reserve Palo then, and put in a request to be in Lunier's that evening. That way the rest of your rotation wouldn't matter because you would be in Palo on a night you don't have a dinner show.

• Good point about timing it with the dinner show. I have to try to figure that out too.
  • your 1st option - assumes that I get Formal night and AP on Night 2. So I would have to request a certain rotation - and hope they grant my wish.
  • Btw - what is "Lunier's" - that you mention in your post?

• Good point about timing it with the dinner show. I have to try to figure that out too.
  • your 1st option - assumes that I get Formal night and AP on Night 2. So I would have to request a certain rotation - and hope they grant my wish.
  • Btw - what is "Lunier's" - that you mention in your post?

The animation show in AP where you do the drawing doesn't take place on nights 1-3. The first time is the color change effect. If you want to see that, yes, ask for AP on formal night.

Autocorrect. Lumiere's is one of the other restaurants. The Magic will have Rapunzel's, AP, and Lumiere's this summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter