7 month Availability

How hard is it to find beach club/boardwalk/grandfloridian owners willing to rent out for $14.50 a point if I'm willing to pay in full via Paypal upon reservation confirmation and only want to rent 10-15 points 11 months out? That seems like it might be a better route since SS/OKW/AKV owners have issues booking at those resorts.
I can rent thru one of the brokers and get $14.50 per point. No hassles dealing with renters with unreasonable expectations. No worries about PayPal charge backs. Go thru the hassle of a private rental for the grand sum of about $215(maximum)? It wouldn't happen in my world. I value my time more than that.

IMO, you would have a very difficult time finding a BCV/BWV/VGF owner who would be bothered.

I would give the same words of wisdom that threads like this always bring. Read through all the stickies about DVC before deciding to purchase. There is lots of good information here and you need to understand what it is and isn't.
Having said that, if you don't care where you stay and your dates are flexible, 7 months would probably work well for you. If you are not as flexible or have places you do or don't want to stay, then buying where you want to stay is still the smarter choice.
As others have said, with DVC you probably will not end up saving money. You visit more often. We used to stay at Beach Club and enjoyed it. Purchased Boardwalk expecting to stay in studios. Now we stay in a 1 Br and love it! This mirrors the experience of many other stories I've read.

Several things for you.

I also prefer Bonnet Creek over WDW if I need a 1-2 bedroom since its less than half the price of DVC resorts and has better amenities than any of the DVC properties (2 lazy rivers, 5 pools, a dozen hot tubs, 2 water slides, a spa, a bunch of bars/restaurants, mini-golf, playgrounds, kids center, and a view of the fireworks), but Wyndham charges insane cleaning fees for multiple short stays.

I have stayed at Bonnet Creek several times. Yes, it is cheaper. But it is no Disney, and you get what you pay for.

#1 - Bonnet Creek is run like a mid level hotel for people who don't know how to travel. It just feels cheap. People who tend to stay there,<ready to be flamed> don't understand what it means to be an "owner" and just treat it like another hotel stay. Guests are rude, people who work there just dont care and were not "good enough" to make Disney standards of employment.

#2 - the bars and food choices there are over priced micro waved food at best. no comparison to any of the DVC offerings.

I
I am just wondering if anyone would have any insight on availability for single Saturday night Studio stays at the 7 month window at all the resorts? It would be during non peak times except for the cold months where it's too cold for locals to swim (below 75 degrees).

If you book on the day the 7 month window opens up. depending on your use year,,,,,you can probably get a 1 or 2 nights in a studio any place you want. But go a week into the 7 month window....you are stuck with saratoga or key west. Every now and then you can get lucky, but dont count on it.

I
I know this sounds crazy, but I don't care to go to the parks, I've been to each park at least 100 times in my life. I will have an annual pass for the parks maybe once every 3 years.

I will never stay at the contemporary since it looks like an overpriced Hilton, and you can stay at a Hilton for less than half the price. Polynesian is also overrated to me because the main area makes you feel like you're being transported back to 1975, but I'd still like it once in a while.

If you ask me....you already answered your own questions. You understand the differences between disny and bonnet creek, and the quality Disney brings is not important to you. Neither is proximity to the parks. you just want a room with a pool. i would not buy an time share, and just continue to rent 1 or 2 nights at what ever hotel you like.

I've been to every deluxe resort at least a few times and I see no quality difference between the contemporary vs. Marriott and Hilton. The only advantage I see about the Contemporary is if you don't bring your car.

I've been to every deluxe resort at least a few times and I see no quality difference between the contemporary vs. Marriott and Hilton. The only advantage I see about the Contemporary is if you don't bring your car.

I think if you drive everywhere, then there really isn't a lot of reason to stay on property. Extra magic hours....maybe. The biggest bonus to staying on property is to be able to take Disney transportation everywhere. For those of us that fly in and don't bother with a rental car, its wonderful.

But if I lived close and was looking for a place to put my head on the weekends when I stayed late, I wouldn't bother with onsite - its far too expensive for very little benefit - especially as the resorts become more and more generic.

If you don't see a difference, then why go thru the hassle of trying to rent a DVC reservation or the ongoing cost of DVC ownership? Just book a night at a Martiott or Hilton and be happy with it. Certainly, their cancellation terms will be much more generous and you would always be in control of your reservation. You would have a better chance of finding last-minute availability at those hotels, too.

ETA: Just to give you a feel for last-minute availability (60 days or less until check in), take a look at the DVC member website https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/ . Click on plan vacations and choose resort availability next 60 days. You do no need to be logged in as a member to see this. See any studios available at Disney World on a weekend? Or even a week day? That's what last-minute looks like for September thru mid-January, race weekends, MLK weekend, President's weekend, Star Wars weekend, etc.

Last edited:

I agree in many respects, although that begs the question - why would someone buy DVC who sees no difference vs. other comparable, far more reasonably priced hotels, and has no interest in the parks? Totally your call but it is a little curious, that's all :)

I think DVC resorts are nice enough, sure, but I'd NEVER buy into this system if not for the location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter