6.5.2010 CBR 1st Visit PTR! Getting down to the wire!

AvastTinkyGirl

Have a Magical Day!
SOOO we are going to Disney World June 5 ~ 11th staying at the CBR and it's our 1st Florida excursion ever!!!!!! I decided to make a PTR because this vacation has been rather interesting as far as the planning goes but before we get to all of that lets get some background information first so you can get a handle on how hectic my life is lol.!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup2

Me: Melanie, 23yrs old, Dental Assistant by day Disney Nut by Night! Raised in the bay area of CA and have been to DLR over 80 times thanks to my Dad being a former CM so he has ALWAYS been an addict! :banana:

DH: James, 25yrs old, Welder, Raised in CO where we currently reside and Brace Yourselves<<<< NEVER BEEN TO ANY DISNEY PARK BEFORE EVER (Now thats not normal lol) But we will forgive him for this and show him the way! :scared1:

DH and I were married on January 1, 2009 in a small ceremony with 75 people or so because we are very down to earth and don't like big flashy things to begin with. We opted to not go on a honeymoon because we had FINALLY closed on our home purchase and that was a bigger priority at the time and we promised one another we would honeymoon in the summer of 2010. Well we were just living life as newlyweds just trying to make an honest living when in April of 2009 I started getting very sick EVERYDAY!!! Well I went to the cardiologist because I have had Motro Valve Prolapse correction surgery and thought something was wrong with my heart again and was worried sick. Well I went to the doctor and he gave me the workup...I waited in the exam room for what seemed like forever when the doctor re-entered and said well your heart is absolutely fine but I did find the cause of your flu like symptoms. In almost slow motion the words came out of his mouth he said "You are going to be a Mommy!" I COULDN'T BELIEVE MY EARS! I called DH from the car and told him to rush home from work so I could give him some news. Now I have had 3 miscarriages in the past so I was VERY NERVOUS about having another tragedy but I was in a GREAT place in my life and just kept positive. DH was ecstatic and we began planning for a little one to grace us with joy! WELL 9 months later............:rotfl:

DS: Corbin, born on 2-17-2010 after MANY hours of labor! Hes an awesome baby and was sleeping through the night at 3 weeks old! :rotfl2::worship:

So now that we are up to speed on where life is for us right now with a 15 week old who has discovered that everything soft should go in his mouth lets get back to the vacation!:yay:

Well since we had never taken a honeymoon before we had a seperate account that we put money in every paycheck for a LONG time lol. DH had been asking me where we should go and I said at this point I dont even care if we go anywhere because I have everything I need. I told him that one day just take me to Disneyworld and I'll be satisfied. Well he took this hint and ran with it (And I mean REALLY ran with it) :eek:

2 weeks ago on a bright and warm Saturday DH woke me up with coffee and a note that said follow the clues for the suprise of a lifetime! So I was game and started my 10 hour scavenger hunt! LOL he's too crafty for his own good. After a series of LONG clues going all over the city the last stop was back home with 2 dozen roses and a cake that resembled Cinderellas Castle. I figured hmm maybe spa day being a princess for the day WRONG!!! There was a DVD that said watch me. I obliged and popped it in the music started and it was A dream is a wish your heart makes music.....after many images of Disney characters I couldn't contain myself "We are going to DISNEYLAND???" i asked!!!! He told me to keep watching and BAM he said Hi honey! I love you and I know you wanted this FOREVER so pack your bags because in 2 weeks we are headed to FLORIDA!!!! I jumped up and down and grabbed him with all the energy I had left but the DVD wasn't done! He said Hey before you worship the ground I walk on there's more<<<<You didn't think we were going alone did you???? We of course will bring our little Monkey and guess who else is coming? Your parents and Little Brother ( We are 12 years apart mind you) My parents have always wanted to go so this was LITERALLY the trip of a lifetime. :dance3:

Well while I was excited and practically jumping up and down with excitement I began to PANICK!!!!! He has NEVER been to ANY DISNEY PARK EVER!!! How did he POSSIBLY KNOW WHAT TO PLAN FOR OR WHAT TO CHOOSE???? :scared1: Well after looking over the plans he made it wasn't half bad lol! 6 nights 7 days at the CBR!!!! He first had us at ASMusic and upgraded to CBR after reading MANY reviews LOL!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe he did it all alone OR how he kept it secret for so long and how my parents kept it secret so long for that matter! :cool2:

Well as you can imagine I had only 2 weeks to do any shopping and going to DW with a 15 week old<<<<Holy Moly all the things we will have to buy! AMAZON here I come. I have spent alot getting baby essentials like stroller shades, baby sunglasses, basically everything has been for DS because he is so young and the Florida weather is so harsh on infants. At this point I have gotten my checklists down for DS and am just waiting till I can pack it all up and jumo on the plane!

MORE TO COME WITH THE PLANNIN PROCESS SOON!!!!!!!!!!! :yay:

I AM JUMPING WITH JOY FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOW EXCITING!!! What a great story!! We too were married in 2009, June 5th! We arrive on the same day as you, our 1 year wedding anniversary!! I can't wait to read more about your trip!!! Congrats on the birth of your baby!!!! My best friend went through a miscarriage and I just can't imagine going through 3, God bless you for your strength and will to stay positive. You are a true inspiration!!! I really will be telling her your story, because every story like yours she reads makes her future brighter and less scary. :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Now back to your trip! Did your DH make any ADRs? Are you guys on a dining plan or paying as you go? The new rooms at CBR are SOOOOO NICE!!! You're going to love them!!

WOW talk about shopping! That's like, serious shopping! Your little guy is so tiny!!! Well anyway, I look forward to reading more about your plans!

I AM JUMPING WITH JOY FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOW EXCITING!!! What a great story!! We too were married in 2009, June 5th! We arrive on the same day as you, our 1 year wedding anniversary!! I can't wait to read more about your trip!!! Congrats on the birth of your baby!!!! My best friend went through a miscarriage and I just can't imagine going through 3, God bless you for your strength and will to stay positive. You are a true inspiration!!! I really will be telling her your story, because every story like yours she reads makes her future brighter and less scary. :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Now back to your trip! Did your DH make any ADRs? Are you guys on a dining plan or paying as you go? The new rooms at CBR are SOOOOO NICE!!! You're going to love them!!

WOW talk about shopping! That's like, serious shopping! Your little guy is so tiny!!! Well anyway, I look forward to reading more about your plans!

Hey Thanks for reading and commenting! LOL I am so excited I can't contain myself! Tell your friend to keep positive and everything happens for a reason. At least thats what got me through everything. More PTR to come in a little bit!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter