5K at Fort Wildnerness on July 3

wgeo

DIS Veteran
Saw this mentioned in an article but it said you had to register the week before at Fort Wilderness and didn't have much other information. Anyone happen to have done this before or have any links or any other info about it? Thanks

This is the info in the press release:

The Fourth at the Fort
Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will offer several special events around the Fourth of July holiday:

• The Fourth of July 5K Run will take place Tuesday, July 3. Pre-registration is available June 24-30 from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. at the Fort Wilderness Bike Barn. On-site registration begins at 7 a.m. in the field next to Mickey’s Backyard BBQ; the run begins from that location at 7:30 a.m.
http://wdwnews.com/releases/fourth-of-july/

I had assumed it was something they did every year, maybe it's new this year.

This is the info in the press release:

The Fourth at the Fort
Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will offer several special events around the Fourth of July holiday:

• The Fourth of July 5K Run will take place Tuesday, July 3. Pre-registration is available June 24-30 from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. at the Fort Wilderness Bike Barn. On-site registration begins at 7 a.m. in the field next to Mickey’s Backyard BBQ; the run begins from that location at 7:30 a.m.
http://wdwnews.com/releases/fourth-of-july/

I had assumed it was something they did every year, maybe it's new this year.
Cool, maybe they have done it before.

Looks like the release says you can register day of.

Cool, maybe they have done it before.

Looks like the release says you can register day of.

Yeah, we're staying at the Wildnerness Lodge that week and I know my husband would like to do it. I'd probably do it if it were pretty low cost just for fun. Guess we'll just have to see what it's like when we get there.

Thx

4th of July 5k is new this year. The campgrounds like to do fun runs for the holidays. It is free, you just have to sign up for it.

So as usual im confused. We arrive on the 1st and are not staying at FW. Is the rrace limited to FW guests only? Can i call n an entry? Can we show up that morning to participate?

Received this today...

Dear Richard,

Thank you for contacting runDisney.

The Fourth of July 5K Run will take place Tuesday, July 3 at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground. Pre-registration is available June 24-30, 2018 from 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. ETat the Fort Wilderness Bike Barn. On-site registration begins at 7:00 a.m. ET in the field next to Mickey’s Backyard BBQ; the run begins from that location at 7:30 a.m. ET.

Please note, this 5K is organized by Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground and is not an official runDisney event.

Best Regards,

Thanks for the info everyone - think I probably broke some toes today - but my husband is excited to have a "course" for his morning run, sounds like fun.

Did anyone get to do this run yesterday who could give us all some highlights?

I was tempted to get up early to do it. This is pretty cool & would be neat for some of the Disney resorts to do this more often. The Beinet run at Port Orleans is more like a fun run.

Did anyone get to do this run yesterday who could give us all some highlights?

I was tempted to get up early to do it. This is pretty cool & would be neat for some of the Disney resorts to do this more often. The Beinet run at Port Orleans is more like a fun run.
Yes I did the race. It was also more like a fun run. We started off at the Tri-Circle-D Ranch, ran through the area by Clementine Beach & Settlement Trading Post, and all the way around FW trail. They gave us a FW keychain and water at the finish line. The race was timed, but mostly like a fun run. I enjoyed it. Came in 1st place for women ‍♀️

Yeah my husband ran it. We showed up right around 7:20 and he signed up, definitely a fun run vibe. They did give away some sort of prize to the first 3 finishers, not sure what it was it was in an envelope - husband got 4th lol. Everyone got a button key chain and a bottle of water. They had the course set up so you could do a 5k or also just 2 miles. Cute, laid back, fun way to start the day. Lots of families that ran/walked it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter