• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

50th Anniversary Merchandise

stampinshauna

Disneyland, Walt Disney World, and Disney Cruise L
Just wanted to pass this on...

I was at DL over the weekend and was told by a few CMs that the 50th Anniversary merchandise will be pulled from the shelves on Sept 1st. I was suprised because I thought the celebration went through the end of Sept. Hopefully they'll bring in a bunch of fun items to replace the 50th stuff.

:sad: Well that's gonna stink since the Half Marathon isn't until Sept 17th! Grrrr!!! I was planning on getting my Golden Ears then :sad:

If anyone hears differently or can report back if they go after a few days have passed in Sept I'd greatly appreciate it. Man am I bumming now!

I don't like this at all, I hope that CM was wrong. If the celebration goes through September, as it reportedly is, they should keep the merchandise until then. I can see cutting back on it some, but hopefully some will still be available. I was also planning on getting my golden ears when I'm there in September.

Man this makes me sad!!! :sad1: THere were a few things that I forgot to get last year when were there....and I was hoping to pick them up this time!!

Geez, why can't they wait a month until it's officially over??? Because I HAVEN'T BEEN THERE YET! I haven't seen the golden 50th decorations, the golden cars on the rides, the gold mouse ears. We specifically booked in September to try to make it during the 50th, so this is really annoying. Disappointing. OK, both... :sad2:

Hopefully September 1st will be the day everything is on clearance and extremely cheap, not when everything is permanetly gone!

I'm surprised they did that before it's actually over. Aren't they taking down the decorations too before the end of September? And just having the parades and fireworks yet? I might be wrong on that one. Just seems odd how they have some things but not others.

We've been lucky enough to go twice, last summer, and this summer. So we saw everything twice. Honestly I was hoping for some new items to buy this summer, since we bought all the 50th stuff we wanted last year. If it wasn't for all the new pirate items I wouldn't of had much to buy, and I LOVE buying! :)

DH was at World of Disney last Friday and was told that they will have the 50th stuff through the end of Sept. I guess it just depends on which cast member you talk to. Anyway, just in case they don't have the stuff at the end of Sept, I called Disney DelivEARS and ordered the 50th stuff I had to have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter