5 days of CS and TS, 10/14-10/19 (LONG)

Jrasca Rex

Earning My Ears
MY DH and I spent 10/14 to 10/19 at Disney World and took part in the DDP, which we both totally loved. That being said, we both like to take time to sit down to eat nice dinners, including appetizers and dessert most times. So we probably did not order that much more than we normally would have and did not have to hassle with paying for each meal separate. Here our thoughts on the food, TS and CS alike.

Tangerine Café at Morocco
DH had the meatball platter and I had the chicken platter. We both enjoyed this more than we thought we would. That being said, I will mention that we were starving after a cross country flight and were looking form a counter service place with no lines!
The dessert was automatically baklava, not my thing but DH liked it.
2 CS credits

Pizzafari at Animal Kingdom
DH and I both had cheese pizza as our entrees. I might have been recovering from the trip to Florida from California still, but I thought this pizza was super tasty. I spent the rest of the trip trying to maneuver all our CS meals to places involving pizza! We also were both given large drinks without specifying.
For dessert, I had the strawberry frozen lemonade and DH had the chocolate cake. Both good.
2 CS Credits

Coral Reef at Epcot
This was probably my favorite dinner of the entire trip.
DH had the seafood soufflé, seared tuna, and butterscotch crème brulee.
I had the lobster soup, mahi mahi, and chocolate wave.
DH liked his soufflé but that my lobster soup was better, which I agreed. It was very rich but tasty. DH’s seared tuna was absolutely great. It is not the dish to order if you like your food cooked all the way through but if you appreciate the rare side of things, get it! My mahi mahi was decent but I was just jealous I did not have the tuna too! It was also the waiter’s recommendation, so there is a lesson there.
The chocolate wave was really good and the best chocolate cake I had the whole trip. The crème brulee was pretty good and the butterscotch flavoring was mellow.
The waiter also included the blue flashing ice cubes as part of the plan, so that was kinda fun. And we both enjoyed watching the fish swim by.
2 TS credits

ABC Commissary at MGM
DH had the fish and chips while I had the Cuban sandwich. We both really liked our entrees. The Cuban sandwich was nice and hot, with melted cheese and all sorts of meat. But it came with some funny chips. They were like potato chips but clearly made with some other kind of veggie. OK with the sandwich.
For dessert, we both had the chocolate mousse, which was average but I was very full anyway.
I believe we just got medium drinks at this place
2 CS Credits

Le Cellier at Canada
This was also a favorite for me and the DH
DH had mussels, the mushroom filet, and the maple crème brulee (sense a theme yet?)
I had the cheddar cheese soup, NY strip steak, and chocolate cake.
DH thought the mussels were great and especially liked the potato-bacon dressing that was included. And I really liked the cheddar cheese soup. I had read about a beer flavoring to it but did not get that sense at all, and I am not a beer drinker.
We did have a small problem with our steaks. DH ordered medium rare and it was well done. But our waiter was pretty accommodating and went to get DH a new meal, which came out perfect. My steak was also a tad overcooked (also supposed to be medium rare) but now really enough for me to send it back. The desserts were both OK. The maple crème brulee had a super strong flavor and would be good if you liked your crème brulee to taste like syrup but was a bit much for me. And the cake was OK.
2 TS Credits

Food Court at Caribbean Beach (Breakfast)
DH had something with 6 kinds of breakfast food- French toast, bacon, sausage, muffin, hash browns, and potatoes (I think) and that was a ton of food.
I had the mickey waffle with strawberries and that came with a side of bacon.
2 CS Credits

Note: This was the only breakfast we used CS credits for. The other days, we just picked up pastries at whatever park we were in. And I can highly recommend both the cheese danish and the croissant. Whoever makes these for the parks does a great job!

Lunch this day was at the Food & Wine festival, using most of our snack credits. But we tried way too may things to include here, so let me know if anyone has any questions on that.

Narcoossee’s at the Grand Floridian
This way by far the most disappointing meal of the trip, which was made even worse since it was 2 TS credits each. The food was pretty average and our waiter was very distracted the whole time we were there. My favorite part of the meal was probably the bread!
DH had the seafood chowder, Surf & Turf (filet and lobster), and key lime crème brulee
I had the tomato-blue cheese salad, ahi tuna, and some kind of chocolate cake.
My salad had a balsamic vinaigrette on it that was way, way too strong. It pretty much drowned out most of the other flavors and made the crostini/bread thing soft. DH said the seafood chowder was decent.
My tuna was very bland and had nothing on the Coral Reef tuna. DH liked his entrée but thought the lobster had a funny texture.
As for desserts, there is really no reason to ever combine key lime and crème brulee. It was a truly bizarre experience. And the chocolate cake tasted like chocolate cake. Nothing special.
So, overall it was not a terrible experience but for 2 credits each, we expected a little more.
4 TS Credits

Magic Kingdon
DH had the Captain’s Special at the Columbia Harbor House, which was fish, chicken, and French fries. I think he probably had chocolate cake but cannot really remember.
I had pizza from Pinocchio Village Haus. The pizza was pretty good but not quite as good as Pizzafari! The strawberry shortcake I had here was not very good at all.
2 CS Credits

Chefs De France
This was our last meal before we moved onto the 2nd part of our trip at Universal.
DH had the French onion soup, Brochette de fruits de mer (sole, salmon, and scallops), and cream puffs.
I had the cheese plate, flank steak and chocolate tart.
DH liked his soup and shared my cheese plate, which had a good amount of choose. Nothing too fancy but still good and came with a little salad, that was nice to eat with the goat cheese.
DH’s entrée was likewise pretty good but mine was a tad disappointing. I realize flank steak is not the best cut but even ordered rare, it was hard to eat. It just seems that a nice restaurant should do a little better than that.
We both liked the desserts. The cream puffs came with a great chocolate sauce and my tart was decent too.
2 TS Credits

So that is the basics of our meal. After going to Disney, we stayed a couple of nights at Universal and will gladly admit that Disney had the edge on food, particular counter service food. We would definitely go back to Coral Reef and Le Cellier but would avoid Narcoosee’s.

Thanks for the reviews! We will be at the Coral Reef and Le Cellier in a few days! I can't wait! :banana:

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

I have to stop reading reviews,lol! All my Adrs have love/hate relationships!! Oh well we'll see when we get there. I have Narcosses's planned just for the whole "Maine Lobster" please tell me it was still on the menu???

TIA!'
Sue

Glad to hear the reviews have been enjoyed! We sure had fun eating all the food.

And I believe the whole lobster is still on the menu at Narcoossee's. While we were waiting to be seated (we were way early), we saw the chefs in the kitchen preparing the lobsters for people. And they seemed to be pretty decent sizes.

Thanks you put my mind to ease. I keep waiting for it to get pulled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter