5 children die in crash on way to Disney

What a terrible accident and so very sad for the families.

I think these stories attract our attention and feel “sadder” because we all know the excitement and anticipation of what should be a fun vacation...and then we see it become a time of grief and loss.

It is definitely sad. I-75 between Gainesville and Ocala is a horrible stretch that has a history of large accidents. The survivors were transported to UF's Shands hospital which is known for being an excellent facility in Fl.

That is terrible news, our prayers go out to them. Hopefully heaven exists and they are in their own private Disney World.

This is very horrible in deed, heart breaking. I spend 2 full weeks in Kissimmee every year at xmas and it still amazes me how many accidents i see on a daily basis. And im not exaggerating, i can go for a drive at any time day or night and see at least 2-4 wrecks, its unbelievable. Besides all the road rage, alot of this is due to foreigners renting cars and not understanding the rules and road signs. And that info came directly from enterprise car rental when i was discussing car insurance. I stay off-site and rent a car myself and i can tell u first hand, ive seen some stuff that would blow ur mind. I have to calm myself and stay relaxed and just realize that every time i drive somewhere, the traffic is goin to be extremely congested and take a very long time to get just a few miles. Not sure what the answer is but there definitely needs to be some changes made.

Terribly sad......just awful.......my heart, prayers and sympathy for everyone involved. May their souls rest in peace.

I have been following this story since Friday morning and let me tell you it is so disturbing. One news article said these kiddos had saved their money for a year for this trip! My family and I have driven this stretch of road several times on our family's trips to Disney from Texas. So heartbreaking.

Tragic on many levels , so much pain, so many families lives shattered ..
seatbelts ...children were ejected. It’s just beyond awful. :(
Prayers for all ...

Very sad, you have to be so so so careful around semi-trucks (it started due to a car being clipped by one). I had to make evasive maneuvers on our way down last month because a semi was changing lanes and, I guess, could not see me. I try to either be behind or in front but never ever hang next to them for any length of time.

All in all this is such a freak accident. Very sad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter