4 Halloween parties in 10 days in August

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'll take the humid August parties over the frigidly cold Halloween nights where we live. It's nice to wear a costume that people can actually see. Lol. Usually everyone is wearing winter coats, boots, hats, etc...when we go trick or treating.

I get that but why not make it some type of “ summer celebration “ or “ end of summer “ themed party? Living in Florida I can’t even fathom being in costume during the hottest month of the year .. how miserable for all the cute kids that get dressed up in hot itchy princess costumes and make up .. yikes .. poor babies lol I mean it’s crazy hot and humid in August in central Florida ..I feel awful seeing little kids in big hot dresses or masked Star Wars characters sweating and crying ( and parents get annoyed at the crying ) and possibly end up and first aid for heat stroke .. adults have trouble staying cool in August much less kids in costumes .
A cute back to school theme or something could give people a after hours party without the heavy costumes .. I just cringe when I see little girls right out of BBB in princess dresses , make up and hairspray sweating like crazy .. :( I’m not against after hours parties at all but it should definitely be season appropriate.

Because it would cost a ton of money to come up with new decor, new CM costumes, a new parade and new fireworks for a different theme. They have all of the Halloween stuff already and people are buying the tickets in August. It's a no-brainer for Disney.

We went on the first party night last year. I wore a "princess" sash over my sundress and DS9 wore his favorite basketball player's jersey and shorts. Our costumes didn't make us any hotter than we would have been on a normal park day. We really didn't see a lot of people (if any, in fact) dressed in hot, heavy costumes. Your scenario of people dressing up in heat-stroke inducing costumes is a bit far fetched.

Because it would cost a ton of money to come up with new decor, new CM costumes, a new parade and new fireworks for a different theme. They have all of the Halloween stuff already and people are buying the tickets in August. It's a no-brainer for Disney.

We went on the first party night last year. I wore a "princess" sash over my sundress and DS9 wore his favorite basketball player's jersey and shorts. Our costumes didn't make us any hotter than we would have been on a normal park day. We really didn't see a lot of people (if any, in fact) dressed in hot, heavy costumes. Your scenario of people dressing up in heat-stroke inducing costumes is a bit far fetched.

No not really .. living in Florida my whole life I am very aware of the heat and how sick you can get from over heating , especially in the parks , while you may not dress your kids in hot stuffy costumes MANY other people do .. have seen it time and time again so not far fetched .. personal experience.

Yes, we were at the first party last year too. I agree. There were lots of people wearing sleeveless, lightweight costumes or Halloween t-shirts. No different than a regular August evening in the MK in terms of clothing weight really.

Team August is too Early for Halloween. August is still summer. If they want to do some hard ticket event in August come up with a different idea. Heck you could probably bring back Wishes/have a summer theme and people would pay for it.

The already have Christmas decorations but I don't think they should do Christmas in July.

Having been in both Oct and Aug, I would be a little annoyed to see Halloween decorations in Aug.

I'll take the humid August parties over the frigidly cold Halloween nights where we live. It's nice to wear a costume that people can actually see. Lol. Usually everyone is wearing winter coats, boots, hats, etc...when we go trick or treating.

I remember having to wear my "snow suit jacket" over my Cinderella costume when I went trick-or-treating as a kid. I was not a happy camper.

Team August is too Early for Halloween. August is still summer. If they want to do some hard ticket event in August come up with a different idea. Heck you could probably bring back Wishes/have a summer theme and people would pay for it.

The already have Christmas decorations but I don't think they should do Christmas in July.

Having been in both Oct and Aug, I would be a little annoyed to see Halloween decorations in Aug.

Based on ticket sales from last year, apparently WDW does not think it is too early to haul out the Halloween decor. It is not in their financial interest to invest in an entirely new theme.

I remember having to wear my "snow suit jacket" over my Cinderella costume when I went trick-or-treating as a kid. I was not a happy camper.

I hear you. It's such a drag.
It feels so great to wear your costume at MNSSHP and not worry about having to wear even a sweater or light jacket.

I get that but why not make it some type of “ summer celebration “ or “ end of summer “ themed party? Living in Florida I can’t even fathom being in costume during the hottest month of the year .. how miserable for all the cute kids that get dressed up in hot itchy princess costumes and make up .. yikes .. poor babies lol I mean it’s crazy hot and humid in August in central Florida ..I feel awful seeing little kids in big hot dresses or masked Star Wars characters sweating and crying ( and parents get annoyed at the crying ) and possibly end up and first aid for heat stroke .. adults have trouble staying cool in August much less kids in costumes .
A cute back to school theme or something could give people a after hours party without the heavy costumes .. I just cringe when I see little girls right out of BBB in princess dresses , make up and hairspray sweating like crazy .. :( I’m not against after hours parties at all but it should definitely be season appropriate.
An end of the summer party sounds fun! That being said, I've been on these boards for 10+ years and it seems like people complain that the Halloween Party doesn't start early enough. Well, Disney has now listened (most likely). Hopefully the parents will dress their kids appropriate for the weather!

Who wants to go to a Halloween party in August??? :confused3 It’s like celebrating Christmas in October. Dumb. Not to mention that chocolate candy will be nasty melted since it’s still like 90 degrees at night in August. No thanks.

Chocolate didn't melt. In fact, we still have some from the August 25 party!

No not really .. living in Florida my whole life I am very aware of the heat and how sick you can get from over heating , especially in the parks , while you may not dress your kids in hot stuffy costumes MANY other people do .. have seen it time and time again so not far fetched .. personal experience.

When have you seen it? You said you haven't been to a Halloween party in August. So you saw it during regular park hours? So should WDW just close altogether so parents don't dress their children this way?

When have you seen it? You said you haven't been to a Halloween party in August. So you saw it during regular park hours? So should WDW just close altogether so parents don't dress their children this way?

I have seen it plenty with clueless parents that dress their kids up in in fluffy dresses and full make up in the dead of summer .. so yeh I completely think if it’s a Halloween party they wouldn’t hesitate how is it possible that “ you know for sure “ but no one else can possibly have seen otherwise ? come on .. lol

I have seen it plenty with clueless parents that dress their kids up in in fluffy dresses and full make up in the dead of summer .. so yeh I completely think if it’s a Halloween party they wouldn’t hesitate how is it possible that “ you know for sure “ but no one else can possibly have seen otherwise ? come on .. lol
Agree. We did matching t shirts for a September party and we’re sweltering. Still hot at midnight. A girl behind us in line to get our wristbands, whose mother thought she’d dress her up as Jessie and brother as woody...was crying that she was so hot. 92 degrees and long sleeves, long pants, a wig and hat. Almost makes you think they need a disclaimer on the tickets, right after the costume rules that states-Florida heat is still in full effect in August and September- keep that in mind while choosing costumes :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter