30th Birthday Brainstorming!

LuciMarie

Earning My Ears
Hello, my lovely Disney Friends!

So I am not a big person when it comes to my birthdays. Bad things always happen, so I downplay them for the most part. When people started asking what I was doing for the big 3-0 my brain started to shut down.
Especially as I had just turned 29. Sweet, right?:rotfl:

Well after careful consideration, I've decided I want to spend my birthday in Disney! I mean, honestly, what's the best way to make sure I stay in a good mood? Disney. That's always the answer.

My birthday is in February and while I haven't booked yet, I'm playing with staying February 10th to the 17th or 18th. At the current time, I'm unsure if it will be a solo trip or not (I love my solo trips, but I know a few who may want to tag along).

I am a DVC member and will most likely stay at Boardwalk. It's my favorite resort for the atmosphere and...well walking distance to Epcot. I was that little kid that was always enthralled by Epcot. Foods, people teaching me phrases, and getting the little passports stamped! I will forever miss Maelstrom, but I will admit that Frozen Ever After is quite cute.

Honestly, I'm just looking for advice and ideas on things to make that trip even more enjoyable than usual. If you have some favorite slogans for shirts or just humor for me, I'd love to hear them as well!

Thank you in advance for all the ideas!:hmghost:

If you haven't before, maybe book something extra like a backstage tour or a safari tour! I'm planning on doing the Marceline tour this September for my solo trip and it's pretty affordable, and bring you backstage for 3 different rides (including HM... my fav!)

Also, I also have a weird thing about birthdays, so as ridiculous as it sounds I always provide my own cake. Maybe get a super special cupcake or regular cake from Amorette's in Disney Springs?

Have so much fun!!! I have 2 years until 30 and am planning a Wizarding World/Disney trip, so it's definitely an awesome choice! :)

Currently planning on 30th Disney trip as well! Hoping for boardwalk but we’d be renting points so fingers crossed.

I'm a person who always gets the "birthday blues" and I've found the best way to combat this is to spend my birthday at Disney! I spent my 30th at Disneyland and it was wonderful. My best advice is to just do exactly what you want, and if you drink, have some fun celebratory drinks.

It could be fun to splurge on a dessert party or some other special dining experience as well (and be sure to put that you're celebrating a birthday on the reservation).

Keep us updated! Love to hear what you decide!

If you haven't before, maybe book something extra like a backstage tour or a safari tour! I'm planning on doing the Marceline tour this September for my solo trip and it's pretty affordable, and bring you backstage for 3 different rides (including HM... my fav!)

Also, I also have a weird thing about birthdays, so as ridiculous as it sounds I always provide my own cake. Maybe get a super special cupcake or regular cake from Amorette's in Disney Springs?

Have so much fun!!! I have 2 years until 30 and am planning a Wizarding World/Disney trip, so it's definitely an awesome choice! :)

Thanks for the idea! I finally did the Behind the Seeds tour last year and was so thrilled. I didn’t even think about those.
I love HM as well so that’s even better.
I’ll have to look further into them, but you’re right the price really is reasonable for a tour like that.

Disney and Wizarding World sounds like a fantastic idea! Planning ahead always makes things better. With a trip like that so many perfect ideas ahead!

Currently planning on 30th Disney trip as well! Hoping for boardwalk but we’d be renting points so fingers crossed.

Fingers crossed for you!
I love the whole vibe of Boardwalk and there’s so much in the area.

I'm a person who always gets the "birthday blues" and I've found the best way to combat this is to spend my birthday at Disney! I spent my 30th at Disneyland and it was wonderful. My best advice is to just do exactly what you want, and if you drink, have some fun celebratory drinks.

It could be fun to splurge on a dessert party or some other special dining experience as well (and be sure to put that you're celebrating a birthday on the reservation).

Keep us updated! Love to hear what you decide!
Thank you!

Yeah, I joked about something going wrong, but consistently it’s a death, hospitalization, or just a blizzard. I try to keep it low key to ward off the bad juju. Doesn’t always work.

I’m not trying myself down to anything at the moment. The most I’m doing is deciding which TS for dinner. Not bad, right?

Exactly! I’m mostly looking for recommendations or ideas from others who added their own pixie dust for their trips. I’m going to have to look further into the tours because they always sound like such a good time.

I appreciate your message so much! Maybe I’ll actually do a trip report for it. We shall see.

I had lunch at Chef De France for my 50th birthday. Ten Frenchman singing happy birthday was rather nice way to spend lunch.

I had lunch at Chef De France for my 50th birthday. Ten Frenchman singing happy birthday was rather nice way to spend lunch.

That’s actually one of my favorite spots. I will likely do Epcot the entire day (maybe morning in MK) and that’s where I was planning to have dinner!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter