3 Flight choices- what would you choose?

Which would you choose?

Votes: 14 51.9%

Votes: 1 3.7%

Votes: 12 44.4%

• Total voters

sablebomb

Mouseketeer
We are flying out of YHZ Oct 22nd and returning on Nov 2nd.
I have found three (what I believe to be) reasonably priced flights.
We are hoping to hit Disney Springs the day/evening we arrive to validate our passes.

What would you choose?
#1- cheapest and connects in BOS for 1H53mins.
Gets us to MCO at 6:48pm
upload_2018-2-19_13-25-30.png

#2 a little more expensive and connects in YYZ for 1H39mins.
Would this be long enough to clear customs in Toronto?
Gets us there a little bit earlier at 5:16pm
upload_2018-2-19_13-28-37.png

#3- same price as #2 but leaves bright and early.
Connects in YYZ for 1H54mins (would this be long enough to clear customs)?
Gets us there early afternoon at 12:30pm
upload_2018-2-19_13-31-17.png

if your paying for the resort that day I say go for the early flgiht and get the most out of the day

I would take the option through Boston. Avoid connecting in Toronto at all costs, the lineups when you have to go back through security and then customs can be long. Flying to Boston you'll clear customs in Halifax and you'll just be a domestic flight in Boston. You'll stay behind security to make your connection.You'll have an easier morning getting to the airport with the Boston flight. Nothing worse than a really early morning flight to set the day off on the wrong foot.

Disney Springs will still be open when you arrive, lots of time to validate your tickets and then get a good nights sleep before hitting the parks.

I agree with going through Boston, much smoother travel day with clearing customs in Halifax and not having to pick up luggage in Toronto to go through customs. I would relax on your arrival day, hit DS for supper and start fresh the next morning. We are flying out of Halifax and into LGA on our travel day, I'm looking forward to avoiding Toronto :)

I was leaning towards #1 just because of the connection!
And I know Disney Springs is open late so even if we don't make it there until 9pm, we can still validate tickets, right?
We don't plan on doing anything other than this on the day we arrive.
but we do want to hit Magic Kingdom early the next morning!

if your paying for the resort that day I say go for the early flgiht and get the most out of the day
we are staying offsite and check in time isn't until 4pm. If not rented the day before we arrive, we might get in early but no guarantees.

Through Boston... less time in the air and you clear customs on the first part of your trip at home. If you go through Toronto, you're in the air longer (an hour) and you have to clear customs with the herd mid-trip. If there's a delay of your flight to T.O, then you have less time for that crucial step.

By the way, if you can't clear customs in Halifax, then I'd look at which flight has more chances of getting me to MCO if there's a breakdown. ie: if they have to put you on the "next flight out", in either Boston or Toronto, where are you likely to have more opportunity to get on a flight that day?

So, if Halifax is like Regina and you can't clear customs there, then the early Toronto one looks better. Fewer chances of delays and if there are, there's at least that next flight out.

I'd say one for the reasons stated. Also, if looking at 2 or 3, consider booking directly with WestJet. Don't see why these would all come up as Delta flights if they are completely on WJ equipment.

Delta often offers tickets on their code share flights way below what WestJet offers the exact same flight for. Last year returning home from Orlando we were booked on Delta (using WestJet equipment) for a lot less than if we had booked with WestJet. Don't know why it is this way but I'll take advantage of a deal.

Earlier the better.your room will more than likely be ready when you get there and you won't be wasting the day at airports.

I wouldn't worry overly much about the connection time in Toronto. 1.5h midday should be fine; if it's busy you might not have a lot of time to spare, but you should still make it through.

Of the first two options, I'd probably take the Boston flight just to save the $110, even though that Dash-8 flight to Boston is s.l.o.w. IMO getting in 1.5 hours earlier isn't really worth the extra $$ unless you have some specific reason to get in early. Looks like Guest Services at Disney Springs is normally open until midnight. If you're using Disney transportation it'll be a fairly late night though, by the time you get to your resort, check in, over to Disney Springs, and then back to your resort.

Beyond that, I think it's personal preference. I hate mornings. That 6:30 AM flight means being at the airport by 5:00 (some would say earlier), and in Nova Scotia the odds are good that you're at least half an hour from the airport, and quite likely more. So, how early do you want to get up? OTOH, I do agree with those who have suggested that it's nice to get there early and enjoy the day at the resort. It really comes down to what you prefer: disgustingly early morning, or moderately late night? Pick your poison. :)

Another vote for avoiding Toronto. I've never had a good experience connecting thru there!

I'd connect in Boston, to avoid security in Toronto. Pre-clearing in Halifax in January was so quick and easy! No lines, no stress.

I'd avoid Toronto as well. If there was a Montreal option I would choose that over Toronto :) but Boston would be best.

Hello! I'm in Halifax and just did these routes a couple of weeks ago.

We did the Delta/Westjet 6:30am via YYZ to MCO. We got through no problem with the 1.5 hour lay over, but you can't dilly dally because you never know how bdk customs/security will be in YYZ. Coming home, we did Delta 993 at 12:15pm, via BOS to YHZ. The plane for BOS to YHZ was a Bombardier 400 propeller.

Since you are still considered domestic arriving in Boston, you won't have any security there. Both security and customs won't happen until you are back in Halifax.

To add, we like to leave on the early flights just in case something gets delayed in Halifax and we miss our connection, we still have options for getting out that same day.

I am one for getting there as early as I can, So early morning for us. We are in TO , so I have not had issues with security for us.

Thanks for all the feedback!
I totally should have booked yesterday.
I just checked the exact same site and flights and now the first option is up to $467.00 per person as opposed to the $336.00 it was yesterday.

Should I hold out and watch for a better deal now?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter