2022 cruise release?

We have an OBB that expires December 2021. I just heard from our travel agent yesterday that Disney is willing to let us extend the discount through May of 2022, but I have to book it by the end of October THIS YEAR. Does that mean they're releasing early 2022 soon? Otherwise, how could I possibly book it in the next two months?

Got an email from my TA about this as well. I believe you would pick a “dummy” date of any cruise that the calendar is out for, pay deposit, then when the calendar comes out for 2022, your TA will move the booking to the date you want, you pay any difference in deposit, and retain your discount. You have to take advantage of this before October 30 this year. I’m sure others will let you know if that’s not right lol

Got an email from my TA about this as well. I believe you would pick a “dummy” date of any cruise that the calendar is out for, pay deposit, then when the calendar comes out for 2022, your TA will move the booking to the date you want, you pay any difference in deposit, and retain your discount. You have to take advantage of this before October 30 this year. I’m sure others will let you know if that’s not right lol
@Roughians_satchel That is my understanding as well, although I haven't tried it yet.

I am looking for 2022 too, I pushed back all my vacations now ( we are only doing camping which is so much cheaper)... we are looking at a land and sea combo since we have more time to save. I just want to speed through these next two years.

I thought this next release wouldn't be too bad but because Covid causing everyone to keep delaying cruises, I think this might be a busier release than usual.
I'm waiting to figure out my wedding cruise for early 2022.

Anxiously waiting for the 2022 cruises too. We are concierge on the Dream, leaving Jan 25th. I don’t know if our cruise will be cancelled, so I’m trying to decide if we want to change it when the new itineraries are released or waiting to see if our first cruise is cancelled and getting the OBB. But it all depends on the timing of both scenarios because my fear is that the cruises in Jan/Feb 2022 may be full. :scared:🤯

Last edited:
Anxiously waiting for the 2022 cruises too. We are concierge on the Dream, leaving Jan 25th. I don’t know if our cruise will be cancelled, so I’m trying to decide if we want to change it when the new itineraries are released or waiting to see if our first cruise is cancelled and getting the OBB. But it all depends on the timing of both scenarios because my fear is that the cruises in Jan/Feb 2020 may be full. :scared:🤯
Ditto but Jan 11.

Same boat here, but January 9th. We are just holding out for the Future Cruise Credit and moving to Oct 21 as soon as it cancels.

Waiting for the 2022 release. I plan to move my April 24, 2021 to 2022 since dcl sent an email telling me I could move it up to May 2022. I have the older placeholder that will go with it. Normally that release is in October, so hoping by December at least before my PIF date.

If you're CC, you should have received an email from DCL this morning.

Gotta say, I'm disappointed that the NOLA cruise covering Mardi Gras is only a 4-nighter with a single stop in Cozumel.

I have a cruise currently booked with a placeholder that I want to change to one of the Hawaii cruises. Am I able to do that online yet? Or do I still need to call?

They only go to beginning of May. I need middle to end of May because my daughter will be writing her IB exams. We are moving a Greel cruise with a placeholder. Boo.

Interesting that Fantasy still has 7 days, and there’s the longer Hawai’i and PC, but everything else is 6 day or less.

Hawaii! Try 2. I am afraid the pricing isn't going to be as good this time around.
Try 2 for us as well and I have the same feeling about pricing! We shall see.

We would love to do the Hawaiian itinerary, but that would mean taking our kids out of school for two weeks. Those that sail these longer itineraries, how do you manage their school work and absences? My kids are high school and middle school age. TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!