2019 Princess Half Marathon Weekend

I'm so happy i'm booking with a TA after reading about the pushback of marathon weekend registration. If they're not opening that until june, who knows when they'll open princess.

Strangely I'm in the camp of not being bothered by it since they said all races are proceeding as planned. I have to make some hard decisions about Princess anyways since we are doing a Disney cruise with my parents in June of 2019 and that is taking all the money. LOL! So I don't mind more time to consider before committing. I'm crossing my fingers that 2019 rates/packages and military discounts will come out before registration! That is what will most impact my decision.

I was wondering the same thing especially since so many people were saying they thought the fraudulent credit card activity during PHM weekend was due to a hack through active.com.

Given how often Chase has been compromised, and Chase is who Disney does their cc and debit cards through, and they haven’t yet given up on Chase, I doubt if that’s it.

The 5K race is sold out for the advanced travel agent packages. More registrations may be available later, otherwise it will be limited to first come-first served at the general registration date.

Last edited:

I was able to get the Fairy Tale Challenge, but not the 5K. The 10K was available too.

Last edited:
I am really excited to be able to join this marathon. Not only is it a good way to drop the baby weight after giving birth, but also it looks like so much fun!

Who has booked through a TA for Princess and which one did you use? I was to go to Marathon weekend for Dopey but the kids want to come and princess works with the school break

I booked ahead but I cannot say which TA because it would violate the rules here - since this forum is sponsored by a different travel agency...

There’s literally ONE travel agency that I know of who is blocked, and they aren’t a rundisney agency.

We can put the full url of any business we wish to mention. Click to Preview the post. If it comes through just fine, post swag! If it comes through like this- xxxxxxx.com -don’t post it.

Your concern is only valid with a few few businesses. TAs can be mentioned for the most part.

Editing to add...and DU doesn’t do rundisney packages as far as I know, so those that do sell rundisney packages aren’t competing with DU, anyway.

Any travel agent that can book Disney can book the current pre-released runDisney packages (through 29 April), as far as I know.

<name and link removed - the rules are too confusing for me and I don't want to break them>

Last edited:
#10 in the Guidelines.

10. LINKS TO OTHER SITES
You are welcome to link to your web site on our boards provided that a) you are not promoting a commercial service or for-profit venture, b) you don't post primarily to promote your site and c) that you place a return link on the home page of your web site. Before posting a link to another site, we ask that you please first check to see if the same information is available on www.wdwinfo.com.

Links in your signature to other websites must be in plain text, as in this example: (www.myexample.com). Any bolding or embellishment will be considered advertising, and is not permitted.

If it’s a banned site it will come through with the xxxxx.com appearance.

If it goes through then it’s fine.

There are a couple forums where there are sticky threads stating this, but I figured I’d give you the Guideline info to help rest your mind.

Found one. https://www.disboards.com/threads/p...travel-agencies-and-other-businesses.3551156/

The tone of that thread is admonishing bc people kept trying to talk about the one banned TA. But it gives the guidelines clearly.

The link would fall under contradiction A, since it is a business that makes profit, so I have removed the link and left the name of my travel agent instead. People can Google it if they want to.

My trip may include just myself and my children. Have any of you used the Childcare that disney endorses?

The link would fall under contradiction A, since it is a business that makes profit, so I have removed the link and left the name of my travel agent instead. People can Google it if they want to.

Nope. You’re misreading it.

Editing to add...what contradiction are you talking about??
Editing to add again. Ohhh, you were referring to my first bit. Yeah, that says if you’re posting *your own site*. Is the TA your own agency? If yes, it might apply. If no, it doesn’t. See the next post I made after that.

If a link comes through as a link it’s fine.

I’ve been around for awhile. I kinda know what I’m talking about here. :)

And putting the name without the URL actually violates the rules. That’s seen as doing an end run around how they block mention of companies that have done things the mods don’t approve of. And THAT can get you in trouble.

From the moderator on the page I posted:

“Our rules state that when referring to a business, you must use the full URL.”

Hi all I just finished my first Disney race last weekend. I had a lot of fun with it and took a lot of great photos along the way. Usually I'm very competitive Runner that worries about my time but with the Disney ways I did enjoy taking pictures with our to detail and some of the other characters out on the course. With that said I have a question. I was told by a few Runners and cast members that the best race to take part in is the princess half marathon. Anybody who's run this could give me any insight and opinion on it. Is it worth registering for when it comes available? Thank you in advance.

I am planning to do Princess 2019, but I wasn't able to do the pre-registration this year. That was so nice last year! I'm hoping whatever is causing this delay will cause registration to go more smoothly.

I just ran the 2018 5k and 10k. My best friend and I are considering signing up for the 2019 half marathon.

Still weighing the pros and cons. It’s a big jump from a 10k to a half marathon. What do you wish you knew before your first?

1. How important submitting a time is! I didn’t for 2016 and ended up in Corral M. Ugh. M for Misery!

2. How boring the first few (5 ish) miles are. Straight highway. In my naïveté I never thought about it. Lol. AND miles 9-11 were boring too. Thank goodness, however, they have music and character meets along the way.

3. How much I would have to zig zag. Wow! A highway gets really narrow when you’ve got thousands of people running. I spent a good bit of time in the grass. Clocked miles on my Runkeeper was close to 15 miles total. Another reason number 1 is so important if you plan to run nearly the whole time.

4. Wish I would have taken better advantage of the Race Retreat. Plan to go early and get into the groove of things if you splurge on the retreat.

5. How much time you hang out before the race even starts. For me, it was too much time. They have character photo greets, and entertainment, but I like to just rock & roll and get to running. Spending hours waiting to run made me super anxious.

BUT, now that I’ve lived through a few Disney runs, I know what to expect and plan accordingly. Now I’m one of those rogue locals that show up right before my corral takes off. Lol. Shhh don’t tell the Run Disney peeps...

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!