2019 Princess Half Marathon Weekend

Having a tough time deciding what park to go to for a solo day I'll have during Princess Weekend.

I would pick Epcot lol but then if you are getting to do that later I guess AK makes sense. I just love the idea of wandering around WS in EP by myself and not having anyone trying to rush me along as what usually happens when you are with people lol I will have a solo day too and I think that is what I will do!!

I will say... they did not have ANY of the replica medal pins at W&D this year so I'm glad I pre-ordered. I collect them and put them up in my office at work; I actually get to see them more than my actual medals but it is frustrating to have to spend hundreds up front when I only want a single medal pin from all three races?! :sad1:

If it were me, I'd pick the park that has the most I like to do/experience (besides Epcot since you're already going there with your group). I wouldn't choose Hollywood Studios just for Toy Story Land - it's a veryyyyy small area of the park, so unless you have other must-dos in Hollywood Studios or have a park hopper ticket, you might want to save it for a future trip (don't get me wrong - I personally love Hollywood Studios, but I don't know that I'd pick it for my one solo day option).
Yeah I'm OK to wait for Toy Story Land until we come back for a longer trip. This year during Marathon weekend, I felt kinda done in Hollywood Studios after 3 hours. I can't wait until that part is a full day park!
I would pick Epcot lol but then if you are getting to do that later I guess AK makes sense. I just love the idea of wandering around WS in EP by myself and not having anyone trying to rush me along as what usually happens when you are with people lol I will have a solo day too and I think that is what I will do!!
I love Epcot so much. I was there solo for a bit time the last two winters, and it was SO nice to wander around to shop and snack at my own pace. If our group decides to do a different park, I will probably pick that one.

But for now, I guess I'm still trying to decide between MK and AK!

Animal Kingdom. 100%.

Agreed! AK is always my go-to! I'm actually doing the whole Run Disney vacation solo now... so if anyone else is solo please come say hi! I'm actually really excited because it will be my first solo trip which means that; nobody will judge me if I feel the need to just gawk at the tree of life from open until close! :lovestruc

Agreed! AK is always my go-to! I'm actually doing the whole Run Disney vacation solo now... so if anyone else is solo please come say hi! I'm actually really excited because it will be my first solo trip which means that; nobody will judge me if I feel the need to just gawk at the tree of life from open until close! :lovestruc

I'm doing solo too! It'll be my 3rd race doing solo and I love it! I've been doing tours during my race-cations since no one wants to do them with me! lol

Animal Kingdom. 100%.
Yes! Love this vote! I'm leaning towards this for sure!

I'm doing solo too! It'll be my 3rd race doing solo and I love it! I've been doing tours during my race-cations since no one wants to do them with me! lol
I've been working my way up to a solo weekend by doing a solo park day for the last 4 winters and I love it! I'm sure a weekend is in my future!

Ohhhh I never thought to do a tour! That's a brilliant idea! I'm actually going to be there for 12 days so I should have plenty of time! :yay:

Ohhhh I never thought to do a tour! That's a brilliant idea! I'm actually going to be there for 12 days so I should have plenty of time! :yay:

I highly recommend the Keys to the Kingdom tour at MK.
I´ve also done the unDISCOVERed Future World tour which was very entertaining and I learned a lot about that side of Epcot!
This time around I'll be doing World Showcase: DestiNations Discovered to learn about the other half of Epcot :flower1:

Hey runners, I've decided to go with a Rapunzel theme for my running outfit...I have a purple running skirt and arm bands but any idea where to get a good purple running shirt?

Hi all! I'm about to order the Challenge pin package and wanted to know if anyone is interested in the replica pin or the logo pin? I really just want the I Did It Pin and the magnet and after searching for 2 days at the wine and dine I am just gonna pre-order.

Hi all! I'm about to order the Challenge pin package and wanted to know if anyone is interested in the replica pin or the logo pin? I really just want the I Did It Pin and the magnet and after searching for 2 days at the wine and dine I am just gonna pre-order.

I only want the replica medal pin!!!! I will absolutely buy it off of you! :lovestruc

Hey runners, I've decided to go with a Rapunzel theme for my running outfit...I have a purple running skirt and arm bands but any idea where to get a good purple running shirt?

If you want something just a bit more than a purple top, KawaiianPizzaApparel has some amazing Rapunzel tops. I personally haven't ordered from them (it's a little on the pricey side), but have seen a lot of runners use them.

I made FastPasses today for Princess. I had no issues getting anything, even FoP on our arrival day! I had a horribly hard time with W&D so I am thankful this trip was easier.

I made FPs a few days ago and I was shocked how much easier they were to make than our last trips in July & Nov (or Feb 2017) - wonder if we're starting to see the effects of Star Wars... general Feb Break people are pushing a year to 2020 and skipping this year. We got dining reservations easily too, including 1900 for 23 people!

So I currently have the Swan booked because I wanted the convenience of staying as close to the start of the race as possible. (I’m not a morning person and am perpetually running late.)
However, I just found a deal at Pop Century for less than half the price. Will staying at Swan save me any significant time getting to the race versus staying at Pop? Anyone want to weigh in and help me decide on a hotel?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!