2019 Princess Half Marathon Weekend

We met Rez Runs (Gerald) at Wine & Dine and he was so lovely! Definitely one of my favorite Run Disney Youtubers! :)
Awesome! His videos are the best at giving you a good feel for the races, so anytime I'm not feeling motivated I just watch one of his videos. I've also been watching his Star Wars half video from last year to calm my nerves since thats going to be my first half marathon.

I'm truly shocked at the price of the magnets (that come with two pins). $65!! Each!! Nope. Four sets would be too rich for me.

I am disappointed that a shirt size chart was never provided. I'm pretty sure I'll need to exchange my shirt, if it's possible. I went with a larger size to be sure it would fit, because some brands are super tight and others are super baggy -- with the same size! My last local race shirt I ordered the size I normally wear, but it is on the verge of being too small and too short. Fingers crossed I can get all four shirts in a size that fits.

I'm truly shocked at the price of the magnets (that come with two pins). $65!! Each!! Nope. Four sets would be too rich for me.

I am disappointed that a shirt size chart was never provided. I'm pretty sure I'll need to exchange my shirt, if it's possible. I went with a larger size to be sure it would fit, because some brands are super tight and others are super baggy -- with the same size! My last local race shirt I ordered the size I normally wear, but it is on the verge of being too small and too short. Fingers crossed I can get all four shirts in a size that fits.
Not that it makes it much better, but the $65 sets are 3 pins and a magnet. If you view the website on a computer you can hover over the description to see the full item list for each one. The $65 sets include the logo pin, medal replica pin, I did it pin, and the mileage magnet.

I’m going to end up chancing it and waiting until the expo to purchase magnets and pins. I would be purchasing all four as well, and I don’t need 3 pins for each one! I know there are no guarantees for what will be available at the expo, and I read there were issues with these items at the Wine and Dine expo, but I only really want one pin and one magnet for each distance so I think I have to take the risk... :guilty:

RE: lack of Tiana I had an epiphany during the back end of my shift.... it’s also the 10th Anniversary of Wine and Dine and Tiana fits perfectly with that theme

Hmmm....this is an interesting idea!

I always chance the merch. Seeing it in the pictures they provided is a nice sneak, but I like to see things up close and personal before I drop my money on them!

I just hope by showing the merchandise early for this race doesn't make the grab for them even more cut throat like I've heard Princess is already is.... hopefully Florida starts cracking down on ebay re-sellers like California apparently has

I just hope by showing the merchandise early for this race doesn't make the grab for them even more cut throat like I've heard Princess is already is.... hopefully Florida starts cracking down on ebay re-sellers like California apparently has

Considering the expo is open to anyone, a crackdown on AP holders at WDW wouldn't have any impact on people buying and re-selling race merchandise.

Hmmm....this is an interesting idea!

I always chance the merch. Seeing it in the pictures they provided is a nice sneak, but I like to see things up close and personal before I drop my money on them!

I did buy the ornament/Tervis bundle year before last, and the ornament/figurine bundle last year, but it's really not necessary. I didn't get anything in the pre-order this year. There is plenty of merch, honestly, unless you wait until late Saturday to go.

Considering the expo is open to anyone, a crackdown on AP holders at WDW wouldn't have any impact on people buying and re-selling race merchandise.

Does Disney limit the purchase quantity on any of the high demand items? I've never really noticed in the past. Looks like that would help.

There is plenty of merch, honestly, unless you wait until late Saturday to go.
I read that this wasn't the case for this year's Wine and Dine. I wasn't there so I can't confirm, but I read that there were hardly any pins available on the first day of the expo. This is what makes me nervous about waiting, but I'm definitely not willing to pay $260 for magnets and pins lol.

I read that this wasn't the case for this year's Wine and Dine. I wasn't there so I can't confirm, but I read that there were hardly any pins available on the first day of the expo. This is what makes me nervous about waiting, but I'm definitely not willing to pay $260 for magnets and pins lol.
We were there at about 1130am Thursday and can confirm pins and AP items were slim pickings and they were condensing the 5K I did it shirt section and adding more rows of 10k shirts
On the flip side for 2017 the 10K I did it and medal replica pins were available at character warehouse 2 weeks later

I am disappointed that a shirt size chart was never provided. I'm pretty sure I'll need to exchange my shirt, if it's possible.

They have a robust shirt exchange. The shorts from the challenge will be all together and you’ll let them know you have challenge and 5k shirts to exchange. The 5k shirt will be cotton and different, though.

Even when they have a size chart it’s useless. It’s that champion measure from shoulder to waist etc one. Nonsense.

There is plenty of merch, honestly, unless you wait until late Saturday to go.

While I found that to be true this year, I haven't in the past, except when getting lucky with returns.

Having a tough time deciding what park to go to for a solo day I'll have during Princess Weekend. I will be up one day earlier than the rest of my group, and I love sneaking in some solo park time if I can. To give you more info, we may just do Epcot as a group later that weekend, but no other park touring. I'm leaning toward Animal Kingdom, because it has my favorite ride (Everest) and I think Pandora is beautiful. But I haven't been to Toy Story Land yet so maybe I should do Hollywood Studios? Then again, I also have a hard time thinking about being there and not visiting Magic Kingdom! So just curious, what would be your choice??

They have a robust shirt exchange. The shorts from the challenge will be all together and you’ll let them know you have challenge and 5k shirts to exchange. The 5k shirt will be cotton and different, though.

Even when they have a size chart it’s useless. It’s that champion measure from shoulder to waist etc one. Nonsense.

While I found that to be true this year, I haven't in the past, except when getting lucky with returns.

Agreed. I would say that this year was the best so far. I went 2 out of the 3 days and found plenty of availability on most things. That being said, it is certainly possible that this could change, as it has been much worse in the past.

Having a tough time deciding what park to go to for a solo day I'll have during Princess Weekend. I will be up one day earlier than the rest of my group, and I love sneaking in some solo park time if I can. To give you more info, we may just do Epcot as a group later that weekend, but no other park touring. I'm leaning toward Animal Kingdom, because it has my favorite ride (Everest) and I think Pandora is beautiful. But I haven't been to Toy Story Land yet so maybe I should do Hollywood Studios? Then again, I also have a hard time thinking about being there and not visiting Magic Kingdom! So just curious, what would be your choice??
If it were me, I'd pick the park that has the most I like to do/experience (besides Epcot since you're already going there with your group). I wouldn't choose Hollywood Studios just for Toy Story Land - it's a veryyyyy small area of the park, so unless you have other must-dos in Hollywood Studios or have a park hopper ticket, you might want to save it for a future trip (don't get me wrong - I personally love Hollywood Studios, but I don't know that I'd pick it for my one solo day option).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter