2019 Disneyland Paris Marathon Weekend

Has anyone stayed at Sante Fe or Cheyenne and have pro/cons to speak about either (for a run Disney weekend i.e. walking distance to start/finish areas or rooms too small/dated)? While I would love to stay at the "Disneyland Hotel" for my first Disneyland Paris trip/RunDisney weekend; I found the prices for the package deals for these hotels to be quite reasonable.

-Kyle
stayed at Cheyenne - walking distance is easy for the races. Worst thing about this hotel and hotels in France/Europe is the air conditioning - as in there isn't any. Oh you get a thermostat and supposedly can control the temp but it doesn't do anything. Last year (2018) we had a very warm week in Paris and hence it was warm for the races - I woke up in a sweat in the hotel due to the lack of air conditioning. I even called maintenance and they came out and "fixed" it - supposedly it was broken outside. It worked for a few hours but was hot again in the morning. I got moved to a second room and still had the same issue. Later I realized it wasn't me or my rooms - it was ALL rooms. As I walked around the property I saw nearly EVERY room had their windows open - because it was cooler outside then inside. Unfortunately you can only tilt the window and not fully open so barely any cool air came in. So that's my biggest negative - hopefully you have better/cooler weather than I did. I suffered through several bad hotel stays in paris and disney that week - best hotel was at the airport on the last day where they actually had air conditioning.

There are no A/C issues, there is a difference in A/C expectation :). In Europe we use them differently (or hardly at all). So don't expect US A/C's. In Europe the A/C will chill the room for a few degree's, but not make it ice cold. Also not really sure the thermostat is for an A/C and not for a heating system. You'll have this in most European hotels

Yes very common for hotels to control the A/C remotely even if you have a thermostat in the room. Most places don’t even have a/c in Europe. I remember this terrible time in Venice where they said the a/c was broken but it wasn’t because we found out how to turn it on and then the front desk could turn it off by remote at will. The European and A/C are not friends I guess. Luckily this past year wasn’t very warm as it was the year before.

Do you have to mention that you want to do the Castel to Chateau challenge when you call to book; or can anyone add it when they complete their registration form later? I know for sure that I want to do it but my friend isn't sure and we were going to book our hotel/bibs together...?

Do you have to mention that you want to do the Castel to Chateau challenge when you call to book; or can anyone add it when they complete their registration form later? I know for sure that I want to do it but my friend isn't sure and we were going to book our hotel/bibs together...?

If I remember correctly, that is something you check when you fill out registration later in the year.

Yes DLP RD has a link they send you where you update your registration including uploading your medical waiver and it is in that registration where they ask if you are doing C2C, IIRC.

There are no A/C issues, there is a difference in A/C expectation :). In Europe we use them differently (or hardly at all). So don't expect US A/C's. In Europe the A/C will chill the room for a few degree's, but not make it ice cold. Also not really sure the thermostat is for an A/C and not for a heating system. You'll have this in most European hotels
The thermostats in Cheyenne are not just for heating - they specifically have a cold setting which was indicated by a snowflake icon when it worked - it just didn't work all of the time. And the staff said that it does cool the room - maybe their understanding of what cool means is different from mine. Suffice it to say, cooling a room down to 78 degrees is not what I call cooling anything when it was colder outside then inside the room - but I could barely crack the windows to even get any cool air in. I expected more from a Disney hotel - I had actual air conditioning at a budget CDG airport hotel so why couldn't Disney provide the same?

Are bib only sales available now!?

Not yet; right now it is hotel-bib/challenge packages that are available. Watch the Run Disney France Facebook page for the date that bib only will go on sale. If they follow a similar time line as last year bib only sales will be in mid April and the challenges will be sold out in a few hours.

Our group of four just booked a 4-day, 3-night trip for the half and the parks in September. This will be our first trip to DLP, and we can't wait!

Anyone know anything about getting temporary European sim cards for cell service in Europe while over there? My phone is GSM, so it should work on the European networks. I want to be able to keep in contact with each other in case we're separated while we're over there, and we'll be both in France and in Germany on this trip, so we'd like it to work in both countries. I don't expect to use cell service much, but it would be nice to be able to text within our group and also have a number for family back home in the US in case of emergency.

Anyone know anything about getting temporary European sim cards for cell service in Europe while over there? My phone is GSM, so it should work on the European networks. I want to be able to keep in contact with each other in case we're separated while we're over there, and we'll be both in France and in Germany on this trip, so we'd like it to work in both countries. I don't expect to use cell service much, but it would be nice to be able to text within our group and also have a number for family back home in the US in case of emergency.

If no one here is able to answer your question, I'd suggest posting it as thread in the Global Neighbours ->Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board. There are some very knowledgeable people on that board. There are also a thread there that might or might not help you: European SIM Card.

Decided to take the plunge and will be heading over for the 36K challenge this year.
Based on the maps, it really doesn't look like much of a walking distance difference between any of the hotels to the races outside of the DL hotel, am I correct?
Also, has anyone had any success extending a Sunday check out time at an onsite hotel as 3 hours after a start means the room needs vacated before we return back from the run.

We are also looking at Hotel Cheyenne as the prices aren't terrible.

Some of us on the DLP section have been compiling some new information threads specifically for first time visitors. You will find alot of useful information, especially if you have been to Disneyland California or Walt Disney World.

Guests Managing Expectations When Comparing Disneyland Paris To the Other Parks

FAQ 1st time visitors - Crowds, weather, language & WiFI

Disneyland Paris Hotels: Onsite & Partner

Room and Park Tickets package are standard at Disneyland Paris

How To Book Direct With Disney-Room and Tickets Package

Are there any off site hotels that are walkable to the start line?

Not really, I think the closest is about 30 minutes walk?
Not sure if you want to do that around 5:30 in the dark in an unfamiliar surrounding. If you are standing in one of the neighbour hotels, they have buses from 5:45 I think. Best place to stay is Kyriad, as the bus starts there, if you are further down the line, it can be hard to get on the bus.

After getting back from my second Princess, I decided that this will hopefully be the year that I do Paris! I've been thinking about it since last year but I'm ready to pull the trigger. I hope I'm not too late for the 36K challenge! I just emailed the travel agent I used for Princess to see if she also books Paris races or has a recommendation for someone who does.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter