2019 Disney Trip

KjDreessen

Earning My Ears
Good Afternoon All,

Looking for recommendations on the Land side of things for a trip my family and I are taking next Memorial Day.

First off we are booked on a 4 night cruise on the Dream departing May 27. So no questions there. However, we are also looking at book ending our trip with 2 days at WDW before and/or after. Leaning towards both right now but not 100% sure. Looking for recommendations for hotels. We are fairly certain we’d like to stay at a mod, value, or offsite the first two nights before cruise. I am a Hilton Honors member if that helps in your recommendations.

Also fairly certain we’d like to stay deluxe the 2 nights post cruise. I’ve been to WDW a few times as a kid but that’s been almost 15 years ago, so I’m sure much has changed!

Will be me, DW, and DD(3). Also looking for restaurant recommendations if you have them :).

Thank you all!

Good Afternoon All,

Looking for recommendations on the Land side of things for a trip my family and I are taking next Memorial Day.

First off we are booked on a 4 night cruise on the Dream departing May 27. So no questions there. However, we are also looking at book ending our trip with 2 days at WDW before and/or after. Leaning towards both right now but not 100% sure. Looking for recommendations for hotels. We are fairly certain we’d like to stay at a mod, value, or offsite the first two nights before cruise. I am a Hilton Honors member if that helps in your recommendations.

Also fairly certain we’d like to stay deluxe the 2 nights post cruise. I’ve been to WDW a few times as a kid but that’s been almost 15 years ago, so I’m sure much has changed!

Will be me, DW, and DD(3). Also looking for restaurant recommendations if you have them :).

Thank you all!

For the deluxe at the end of your trip, I would stay at the Polynesian or Contemporary. Both have easy access to Magic Kingdom which would likely be where you'd spend your park time with a 3-year old. You can walk to the MK from the Contemporary but personally I like the theming of the Poly better and it's just one monorail stop away from the park. For a character meal, I'd book just one - plenty for a short stay. I'd book a breakfast at Crystal Palace in MK if your daughter likes Winnie the Pooh or Cinderella's Royal Table if she likes princesses and wants to eat in the castle.

Thanks Surgie2!

Very much appreciate the recommendations! Any thoughts on Tusker House and/or Biergarten?

Thanks Surgie2!

Very much appreciate the recommendations! Any thoughts on Tusker House and/or Biergarten?

With a 3 yr-old in tow, I would make dining choices based on park convenience if you are having a park day. I wouldn't switch parks just for dining. So if you are having a day at Animal Kingdom (great for a 3 year old!) I would make a TH late breakfast reservation - say 10:45 or so. You can grab a snack at your hotel, get in some rides no matter the park opening time and then go for the character breakfast. (Safari Mickey, Donald, Daisy and Goofy). It will likely switch over to lunch while you are there and you can choose items from that buffet as well. I would not try to get an early breakfast at TH in order to beat the crowds before rope drop. This strategy no longer works since the opening of Pandora and park hours change so frequently that the park might open before your reservation putting you way behind park crowds.

Also take into account that you will be meeting lots of characters on your cruise. With limited park days you'll have to decide if the time and money for character meals is worth it before and after your cruise. You may want to just do quick service meals to see more attractions and rides. Many of the QS restaurants now allow mobile ordering making it super convenient and efficient. And take into account if your daughter likes characters - some like furry but not face or vice-versa.

I have not eaten at Biergarten but it would not have characters and obviously suited to an Epcot day.

Biergarten is fun but not sure if a 3 yo would love it, but it’s great for older kids and adults (and you’ll be seated at a long table with strangers, as they do in Germany). I agree with staying at Poly, you’re super close to MK and the TTC so you can get to Epcot easily too. For the value/mod, I think Art of Animation is great for little ones, and it has an awesome pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter