2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 30 to November 12, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone purchased a tray to bring with them to the F&W festival? I remember reading that they had trays for purchase at EPCOT, but I feel like someone else mentioned purchasing a tray on Amazon or Etsy. I basically am the clumsiest person ever, so would love to have something to put my drink and snack on that isn't too bulky!

Someone told me that if you have a dining plan, that 1 QS=3 snack credits, as long as its at the same place. Is this true? Would you be able to trade a QS for 3 items at one booth?

If it is true, is it a savings to buy a QS Meal plan and convert most of the QS to 3 snacks?

Thanks!

Has anyone purchased a tray to bring with them to the F&W festival? I remember reading that they had trays for purchase at EPCOT, but I feel like someone else mentioned purchasing a tray on Amazon or Etsy. I basically am the clumsiest person ever, so would love to have something to put my drink and snack on that isn't too bulky!

My Mom purchased the F&W one one year and it was useless. It doesnt make you any more hands-free than just carrying the food in your hand. You still need a table to be able to eat off of it.

Someone told me that if you have a dining plan, that 1 QS=3 snack credits, as long as its at the same place. Is this true? Would you be able to trade a QS for 3 items at one booth?

If it is true, is it a savings to buy a QS Meal plan and convert most of the QS to 3 snacks?

Thanks!

Yes, this is true. We do it every year. The only booth I remember ever having an issue is Morocco. Also the 1 QS for 3 snacks can only be used on food options. No drinks.

Thanks!

Unless things suddenly change it's true you can convert it. The QS dining plan is $52/night/adult. This is two quick service and two snacks a day. So if you converted, it's 8 snacks which would need to average to 6.50 each. It would not cover alcohol as booze is not considered a snack, and while there are a fair amount of food and wine dishes at that price, it's not likely to save you money. You would likely be getting three of the same items and skipping everything under $5.50, which means you do miss some good dishes. It might be worth it on a split stay, or if you have a lot of people staying in a value room and can get free dining as it might then out weigh any room discount.

I've brought one in that I had purchased the previous year, but they're sort of useless, like @Cece_Kay said. I don't bother with mine now. It really only holds one drink and one snack, which you can manage without the tray, and you still can't eat anything that requires a fork off of them without setting them down. For me it ended up getting shoved into my bag because it was just one more thing to carry.

which would need to average to 6.50 each.
This is an OK use of 1 QS credit at a few booths like eg Canada if you get 3 filet mignon. I've done this the past few years with no problem when I had an extra credit to use up. But as a full on strategy to max out your QS Dining Plan at F&W, it is not a good value at all. The Dining Plan is still a good value when using 90% of your snack credits for the $5 and over F&W booth offerings. But it is a lot of food to eat QS meals plus F&W snacks. I do it and love it. It is a foodie binge so I eat sensibly for weeks before I arrive and many weeks after I leave.

As for the dining plan, to save money you have to buy the expensive snacks. Having to purchase 3 snacks from the same booth at the same time might limit you in choosing the best values or the ones you actually want to try. Also, booze doesn't count as a snack.

I've always just purchased the one at the festival. yes its a little pricey but the tray is super cute and fits in my Kanken backpack easily with tons of room left. Ive been able to grab 2 snacks and one drink with the tray, if you want one to carry a lot more your better off seeing if u can get one on amazon

We no longer bother with a tray. We've brought one and have also purchased the F&W tray. We have most often easily found a place to perch and eat, so no tray needed. While nice to have in theory, I didn't find it useful on occasions when I needed to cut into my food with my fork while standing. My wine glass would tip at dangerous angles during these times and I would overcompensate and tip the other way to have it land on the ground. Now that's clumsy! My husband liked them well enough but found that bringing them into the park was a big bother, especially when park hopping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter