2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 30 to November 12, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do the concerts work? Do you have to do anything special to get a seat?

I would also like to know this.
We had to show up very early to get a seat for Boyz II Men. We started lining up for the second show before they were letting the audience for the first show into the theater. There was a CM who pointed us in the right direction on the right hand side of the theater. At first we thought the line was for the first show, but it was already for the second one. There was quite a lot of reserved seating and there was a big crowd standing behind the theater so we were glad we had lined up early. We lost a couple of hours doing this but felt it was worth it. Despite being a Wednesday it was the busiest day I had seen at Epcot.

I do think the crowd level will vary depending on the artist. If you want reserved seating you can book a dining package. AP holders were also able to get a wrist band earlier in the day when we were there.

There are three ways now to get a seat.
1) Eat To The Beat Dining Package
2) Fastpass+
3) Wait in Line

They sometimes have AP Wristbands for the concerts and they used to have Chase Wristbands but as Chase no longer sponsors the festival, that went away.

Except for certain bands, most concerts will have seats available during the entire concert or the ability to see them from the American Pavilion Open Area. I think they do certain bands in the middle of the week to avoid masses at the concerts if it was on the weekend.

We had to show up very early to get a seat for Boyz II Men. We started lining up for the second show before they were letting the audience for the first show into the theater. There was a CM who pointed us in the right direction on the right hand side of the theater. At first we thought the line was for the first show, but it was already for the second one. There was quite a lot of reserved seating and there was a big crowd standing behind the theater so we were glad we had lined up early. We lost a couple of hours doing this but felt it was worth it. Despite being a Wednesday it was the busiest day I had seen at Epcot.

I do think the crowd level will vary depending on the artist. If you want reserved seating you can book a dining package. AP holders were also able to get a wrist band earlier in the day when we were there.

Unless you absolutely have to have a seat up front, I have never had a problem getting a set in the back or around the side or even standing in the back just before a concert starts. If you just want to hear the band, you can sit on the planters at the American Pavilion and hear them fine.

Unless you absolutely have to have a seat up front, I have never had a problem getting a set in the back or around the side or even standing in the back just before a concert starts. If you just want to hear the band, you can sit on the planters at the American Pavilion and hear them fine.
Maybe you got lucky, but that was not the case for Boyz II Men this past November. The seats up front were all reserved and even with lining up before the first show for the second show we only got a seat about halfway down. By the time the first show was happening the crowds behind the theater were blocking the path around WS. That whole area was a complete mess. I went to get a lobster roll from the F&W booth while we were in line and it turned out to be more of a challenge than it was worth.

Maybe you got lucky, but that was not the case for Boyz II Men this past November. The seats up front were all reserved and even with lining up before the first show for the second show we only got a seat about halfway down. By the time the first show was happening the crowds behind the theater were blocking the path around WS. That whole area was a complete mess. I went to get a lobster roll from the F&W booth while we were in line and it turned out to be more of a challenge than it was worth.

Could be I've only been there when acts that weren't that popular are there. I've noticed the earlier shows don't seem to be as crowded but again, it might just be the less popular bands. I have been every year at different times for about 7 years and the same thing for F&G, I've even stood in back for Candlelight at Christmas by walking up about 5 min. before when Neil Patrick was there.

You don't have to line up super early for a good amount of the acts. Boyz II Men are on of the exceptions.

Could be I've only been there when acts that weren't that popular are there. I've noticed the earlier shows don't seem to be as crowded but again, it might just be the less popular bands. I have been every year at different times for about 7 years and the same thing for F&G, I've even stood in back for Candlelight at Christmas by walking up about 5 min. before when Neil Patrick was there.
I guess we had bad luck then! I've seen worse at MK, but it the was crowdiest I had ever seen Epcot.

When I was there a few years back I just hung around the theatre and got in line before the seating are opened. Some groups are bigger draws then others, so the lines may start building early. I saw Smash Mouth at the first show and got a great seat with little wait.

Does anyone know who will be one of the biggest ones? Sugar Ray and David Cook are the ones who will be there when we are there. I dont think they will be too hard, but that is totally not something I am used to guessing about. Both of my kids (12 and 14) looked at me like I was speaking a foreign language when I told them the names. Nothing like teenagers to make you feel old.

For any fellow Top Chef fans, Richard Blais (Chicago & All Stars seasons) mentioned on his latest podcast that he’d be doing a “show” in WDW this fall... so I’m assuming that is F&W. Not sure if a “What’s Cookin’ With” or other event. Somewhat related, he’s also featured WDW ads on the podcast for the last several weeks- highlighting it as a dining destination.

Does anyone know who will be one of the biggest ones? Sugar Ray and David Cook are the ones who will be there when we are there. I dont think they will be too hard, but that is totally not something I am used to guessing about. Both of my kids (12 and 14) looked at me like I was speaking a foreign language when I told them the names. Nothing like teenagers to make you feel old.

Last year I walked up about 5 min. before David Cook started and got a seat in the back no problem. There were seats available closer up as well. I think it was David Cook and am pretty sure it was the early show.

All you need to do is get in line before the performance. Depending on the popularity of the band, you may need to get in line an hour or more before the performance. Disney will offer dining packages that will include lunch or dinner at a World Showcase restaurant and preferred seating for one of the concerts.

I did some checking on annual passholders and Eat to the Beat Concerts. Last year, annual passholders were only given reserved seating at Eat to the Beat Concerts for the last two weeks of the Festival, from 10/29 through 11/13/2017. You needed to go to a kiosk in the Festival Center to show your annual pass in order to pick up a badge for the concerts.

Do they still have the chase lounge? Since they no longer sponsor?
Nope, Chase dropped out as sponsor of the Food and Wine Festival last year . The Chase member lounge in the American Adventure is now being converted to Epcot's Club 33.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter