2018 Disney Dining Plan Prices & General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this is covered, but I can't seem to find the right search option to get the answer I am looking for.

I've never used a dining plan before and am weighing up my options. Lets use DDP as the case study - are you limited to a fixed menu, sections of the full menu or is the whole menu open to you when dining on a waiter service credit?

Sorry if this is covered, but I can't seem to find the right search option to get the answer I am looking for.

I've never used a dining plan before and am weighing up my options. Lets use DDP as the case study - are you limited to a fixed menu, sections of the full menu or is the whole menu open to you when dining on a waiter service credit?

You get an entrée, dessert and drink with the DDP. Anything in those sections of the menu are allowed. For the alcoholic drink, each restaurant has their own list of what they include. If something is listed "for two", two people have to order it and use their credit. There are a couple items here and there that are priced higher than they allow, but will let you pay a small amount along with the credit. Anything like that is usually noted on the menu.

So, my understanding is that mobile ordering is different from BOG from the other available QS restaurants, yes? Assuming so, here is my question regarding non-BOG QS ordering. I have my crew of 5, plus my parents. We have separate reservations and separate plans, but they are not tech people and won't really use the app most likely. I assume that if I order for everyone, then it would all be on one ticket and all the credits would come off of whoever picks up the order. Also, assuming that is correct, my question is this: can we place two separate orders from one account for the same restaurant simultaneously? Ex. Get on the app to order food for Casey's Corner, place the order for my 5, finalize that order. Then go right back in and place a new order for my parents. Then I pick up my order and my dad pick up his order individually on site and I pay for mine with QS credits and he pay for his with QS credits. Would that work?

We booked free dining in 2019 for 7 nights at WL. Could someone please advise how many days of dining credits we get?

Do the number of park ticket days purchased impact the days of dining credits? I would like to go down to a 6 day ticket. Thank you!

I am sure this is covered elsewhere but I spent 30 minutes looking without success. I used to know the answer to this but my brain has failed me!

We booked free dining in 2019 for 7 nights at WL. Could someone please advise how many days of dining credits we get?

Do the number of park ticket days purchased impact the days of dining credits? I would like to go down to a 6 day ticket. Thank you!

I am sure this is covered elsewhere but I spent 30 minutes looking without success. I used to know the answer to this but my brain has failed me!

7. Dining plan credits go by nights on your hotel stay. Park tickets are completely separate.

So, my understanding is that mobile ordering is different from BOG from the other available QS restaurants, yes? Assuming so, here is my question regarding non-BOG QS ordering. I have my crew of 5, plus my parents. We have separate reservations and separate plans, but they are not tech people and won't really use the app most likely. I assume that if I order for everyone, then it would all be on one ticket and all the credits would come off of whoever picks up the order. Also, assuming that is correct, my question is this: can we place two separate orders from one account for the same restaurant simultaneously? Ex. Get on the app to order food for Casey's Corner, place the order for my 5, finalize that order. Then go right back in and place a new order for my parents. Then I pick up my order and my dad pick up his order individually on site and I pay for mine with QS credits and he pay for his with QS credits. Would that work?

When you place the mobile order, you tell it then to use your dining plan credits and it deducts them automatically. You don't do any kind of paying at the counter. So, yes, you will need to do two separate orders to use different room credits. You probably need to set up an MDE for your parents with all their information and then order theirs from that account. If you make two orders from your account, it will still take the credits from you and not them.

Does anyone know if we didn't book our Disney hotel and tickets through Disney can we add the dining plan anyway either during or before our trip?

Does anyone know if we didn't book our Disney hotel and tickets through Disney can we add the dining plan anyway either during or before our trip?

If you booked through a qualified Disney travel agent, you can. If you booked the hotel through an airline or other way, then you cannot. If you can, it has to be done 72 hrs before arrival.

If you booked through a qualified Disney travel agent, you can. If you booked the hotel through an airline or other way, then you cannot. If you can, it has to be done 72 hrs before arrival.
I think that's our problem. We didn't book through a Disney travel agent and while the travel agent we used didn't book through an airline they did book through third party so think we pay just suck it up and pay from pocket :( Was just hoping I could add it as we have two expensive meals picked out.

I'm sorry if this has been answered previously, I skimmed through and didn't see an answer. Is orange juice allowed now as a drink for a child QS credit? Last year my poor DD was not allowed to get orange juice with a QS meal anywhere! Being Florida I thought this was a little odd, LOL. I was wondering if now orange juice would be considered a specialty drink and allowed.

Can I still exchange the beverage for any item which is marked as a snack (at the quick service location) when I use my quick service credit?

I am not a Newbie to the DDP but for some reason am doubting my knowledge on this. We have a split stay coming up where we are staying 2 nights at AKL with another 2 night stay at CR followed by 2 nights at Poly. We are AP holders. IF we add the DxDDP on to our 2 night reservation at AKL, we actually have until midnight on the 3rd day to use the credits, right? So we check in on a wednesday....we have all of Wednesday, all of Thursday, then until midnight on Friday? WE will check out of AKL sometime during friday and check in to Contemporary. Does checking in to our second resort hurt our ability to use those dining credits? We are going Deluxe because we have ADRs at Jiko (wednesday) and California Grill (late night on friday) so will be using 2 TS credits at each of those.

I am not a Newbie to the DDP but for some reason am doubting my knowledge on this. We have a split stay coming up where we are staying 2 nights at AKL with another 2 night stay at CR followed by 2 nights at Poly. We are AP holders. IF we add the DxDDP on to our 2 night reservation at AKL, we actually have until midnight on the 3rd day to use the credits, right? So we check in on a wednesday....we have all of Wednesday, all of Thursday, then until midnight on Friday? WE will check out of AKL sometime during friday and check in to Contemporary. Does checking in to our second resort hurt our ability to use those dining credits? We are going Deluxe because we have ADRs at Jiko (wednesday) and California Grill (late night on friday) so will be using 2 TS credits at each of those.

You are correct. Your credits will expire midnight on that Friday. Checking into another resort won't affect them at all. Enjoy!

Its coming to the point where we are seriously thinking about not doing the dining plan anymore, prices keep going up at a crazy rate....sorry to say

I think I know the answer but want to add DDP to upcoming trip! My 2 yr old GD eats more then my 4 yr GS! I want to add her to DDP to avoid any fights or extra costs! I can do this right? I know she can eat for free at buffets and share at TS but she won’t be happy with the later! Ty!

I think I know the answer but want to add DDP to upcoming trip! My 2 yr old GD eats more then my 4 yr GS! I want to add her to DDP to avoid any fights or extra costs! I can do this right? I know she can eat for free at buffets and share at TS but she won’t be happy with the later! Ty!

I was told that in order for a 2yo to get DDP credits you need to change her age in MDE and therefore, she will also need to have tickets to enter the parks. Maybe you should consider paying OOP for a meal when she doesn't eat for free (e.g. buffets)?

I was told that in order for a 2yo to get DDP credits you need to change her age in MDE and therefore, she will also need to have tickets to enter the parks. Maybe you should consider paying OOP for a meal when she doesn't eat for free (e.g. buffets)?
On phone with DVC she had to check!

On phone with DVC she had to check!
You were right so I already took advantage of Disney gift cards deal using BJs and discover. I’ll just give my daughter DGC to pay for her meals that aren’t buffets or they share! Ty for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter