2018 Christmas Vacation Planning

We booked OKW Dec 2-14, I can't wait! We will do the party and the perhaps try the candlelight processional. Has anyone gone with a 9 year old boy? I don't know if he'll like it..

We booked OKW Dec 2-14, I can't wait! We will do the party and the perhaps try the candlelight processional. Has anyone gone with a 9 year old boy? I don't know if he'll like it..

I know that my 10 year old son would love it, but he's a theatre kid who loves choirs, live music, loves to sing, loves classical music, and who also has a strong faith and is used to sitting through Mass etc... Most 9 year old boys I know, no, probably wouldn't enjoy it.

Maybe? Maybe not.... But remember, this is your vacation too, and he'll get through it if he has to sit through something that isnt his favorite. That's life, right?

Maybe? Maybe not.... But remember, this is your vacation too, and he'll get through it if he has to sit through something that isnt his favorite. That's life, right?

This!!

My daughter is 9 and I'm sure she'll probably enjoy the Candlelight Processional but honestly I don't care that much if she's bored because I really want to see it.

I booked a Thanksgiving/DD's 16th birthday trip for Nov 16-25. Her birthday is November 18- same day as Mickey! We are a military family so I booked in Jan to make sure we got the military rate at the hotel she wanted to stay in. This is all her trip and she is picking out everything we are doing/eating/seeing, etc. It will probably be our last trip together as a family before college :(

I booked a Thanksgiving/DD's 16th birthday trip for Nov 16-25. Her birthday is November 18- same day as Mickey! We are a military family so I booked in Jan to make sure we got the military rate at the hotel she wanted to stay in. This is all her trip and she is picking out everything we are doing/eating/seeing, etc. It will probably be our last trip together as a family before college :(

We are going the same dates as you and my DH has a birthday a few days after your daughter’s. Are you going to do MVMCP on the 16th?

We are going the same dates as you and my DH has a birthday a few days after your daughter’s. Are you going to do MVMCP on the 16th?

No, we are not arriving until 10pm on the 16th, just missing the MVMCP dates. We have been to 5 of them so far and DH does not care to attend another, although I love them just for the parade!

Enjoy it! I remember my last family vacation before college and it was amazing! Book things that you normally wouldn't book. I did go on two vacations after starting college and it wasn't quite the same. What an exciting time!

Enjoy it! I remember my last family vacation before college and it was amazing! Book things that you normally wouldn't book. I did go on two vacations after starting college and it wasn't quite the same. What an exciting time!

Well, it won't be our last "family" vacation together- we have vacations planned for 2019 and 2020 (college is fall 2020)- just our last Disney vacation until college. But we are planning on living it up large! This will be our daughters 16th Disney trip on her 16th birthday and I am letting her have free reign.

Hi everyone. This is our 2nd family trip, but first over holiday season. And this time, my parents are coming also. So, we are planning everything for my family and letting my folks do their own thing. They will join us for some and go solo for some. We booked Nov. 19-Dec 1, but waiting for release of free dining dates to finalize those dates. If free dining hits for the Monday before Thanksgiving (which it did last year apparently), then we shave off a couple days from the end. We can only get a 10-day vacay based on work schedules. If the free dining won't happen for us, then we shave off the beginning to maximize the lighter crowds later on. Anyway, my folks will be looking forward to the Epcot candlelight processional, although my kids will be doing something else, and all of us have our Xmas party Tix reserved for Nov 25 as of today. We plan on Thanksgiving dinner at Mickey's Backyard BBQ and then also trying to fit all the holiday events in as much as we can. So I will be checking in for as much help as I can get, but I will try to read up from the beginning of this thread to avoid any duplicating someone else's questions. Thanks in advance for all your help.

We are going 12/22-30th staying at the Poly LV Club! I am so excited! I just need to book our flights because they are creeping up. The nice thing is we are doing an 8 day trip in August so the Christmas trip will be our leisure trip and just enjoy a Disney Dream holiday!

Looking forward to planning with you all!

We are going 12/22-30th staying at the Poly LV Club! I am so excited! I just need to book our flights because they are creeping up. The nice thing is we are doing an 8 day trip in August so the Christmas trip will be our leisure trip and just enjoy a Disney Dream holiday!

Looking forward to planning with you all!

We are going Thanksgiving Week. I can’t wait until we can book our ADRs and SW releases fares which is a month away. We stayed there a few years ago and loved it! Our LV room ended up being one where we also had a TPV as well so the one night we got back early we could see both the electrical water pageant and the fireworks.

Also a first-timer at Christmas! We’re booked December 22-28 at POP! We’ve never stayed at POP before, so also looking forward to experiencing a new resort for us. And I’ll be booking a Candlelight Processional package- it’s on my bucket list!

When do people start booking their flights? We’re lucky to live in a suburb of Chicago so we’ve got 2 airports only 30 minutes away!

We will be at Pop for Christmas, too! 23-Jan. 1 Maybe we will see you there. Not telling our DDs, who will be 19 and a couple of weeks from turning 12, until the day before we leave. Admittantly nervous about how they will feel about back being away from home for Christmas, but they LOVE WDW so hopefully it will be okay!

Just booked SS 12/22-12/27 for me Ds18 and Dd16 we are super excited we haven't been in 8 years!

We just booked at Pop for Dec 14-22. First Christmas trip!! Also, our first time at Pop or any value resort. Any tips? Do they restaurants do anything special for the holidays?

Also, do the Jingle Bell Jingle Bam dessert party! I was skeptical about this, and it turned out to be one of the coolest things we did! My 70+ year old parents loved it, and so did I! You really feel like a bit of a VIP, it's great.

And make time to see IllumiNations with the special Holiday "Let There be Peace on Earth" tag at the end. It's both beautiful and explosive! That finale is something else! Wow!

Aww...have fun everyone!
.We are going Thanksgiving day thru Dec. 1, split with free dining. Huge Star Wars fans in our group and really bummed out to hear that the Star Wars fireworks show and dessert party has been blacked out the last couple of years during this time frame. I know JBJB is there, but it just wouldn't be the same. I really hope that they find a way to mix it in n a few times a week. I mean they did that at the tail end of last season. Fingers crossed and covered in pixie dust!!

.We are going Thanksgiving day thru Dec. 1, split with free dining. Huge Star Wars fans in our group and really bummed out to hear that the Star Wars fireworks show and dessert party has been blacked out the last couple of years during this time frame. I know JBJB is there, but it just wouldn't be the same. I really hope that they find a way to mix it in n a few times a week. I mean they did that at the tail end of last season. Fingers crossed and covered in pixie dust!!
Aw, I can understand being disappointed. I haven't seen the current Star Wars show, but in 2016 we saw the Symphony in the Stars one (just fireworks, no projections) and it was absolutely amazing. Star Wars' music is just ideal for fireworks.

Fingers crossed that you'll get to see Galactic Spectacular while there.

My 10 year old daughter and I will be at all star movies Dec. 20th -30th. We were just there in August but had post disney depression bad upon our return so booked for Christmas! Never been at Christmas and can't wait!

Dec 22nd thru 28th staying AOA Nemo Suite. We upgraded our ticked to AP's when we were there 9/6-16th. Really wanted to stay back at the Contemporary but jeez! $1000 more per night during Christmas! so AOA Here we come!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!