2018 Bounce Back released today!!

I believe the bounceback offer has historically switched to a free dining offer in August, that runs through October. It will be very interesting to see if they do indeed do this, as 2019 will have so many new attractions (Star Wars, Mickey's Runaway Railroad, Skyliner, etc) that they may no longer feel the need to do free dining. At least, that's the speculation among many bloggers.

I travel from late October-early November, so if I do a bounceback for 2019 I hope to have the option of both free dining and room only offers!
I highly agree with this, I was going to say they would probably switch to free dining, but the thing to think about is, do you want a room discount, or pay full price for room and park tickets, and get free food.

I believe the bounceback offer has historically switched to a free dining offer in August, that runs through October. It will be very interesting to see if they do indeed do this, as 2019 will have so many new attractions (Star Wars, Mickey's Runaway Railroad, Skyliner, etc) that they may no longer feel the need to do free dining. At least, that's the speculation among many bloggers.

I travel from late October-early November, so if I do a bounceback for 2019 I hope to have the option of both free dining and room only offers!

I highly agree with this, I was going to say they would probably switch to free dining, but the thing to think about is, do you want a room discount, or pay full price for room and park tickets, and get free food.

This makes me question if there will be a need for room discounts either? I'm sure we will see some incentives for 2019 but I would be surprised if the offerings for 2019, 2020 (due to 3 attractions mentioned above) and even into 2021 (WDW/MK's 50th Anniversary) will be close to what we've seen over the past few years.

The parks and resorts are already full, ticket prices are up and a TON of new attractions are on the way (those above + Tron, Guardians of the Galaxy roller coaster, Ratatouille, possibly a new theater in the MK, new resorts and more).

I can't see Disney ceasing all incentives but I believe availability for these incentives will be reduced.

This makes me question if there will be a need for room discounts either? I'm sure we will see some incentives for 2019 but I would be surprised if the offerings for 2019, 2020 (due to 3 attractions mentioned above) and even into 2021 (WDW/MK's 50th Anniversary) will be close to what we've seen over the past few years.

The parks and resorts are already full, ticket prices are up and a TON of new attractions are on the way (those above + Tron, Guardians of the Galaxy roller coaster, Ratatouille, possibly a new theater in the MK, new resorts and more).

I can't see Disney ceasing all incentives but I believe availability for these incentives will be reduced.
I agree with this, but I think the first thing to go will be the free food for Values and Mods, Well if they offer a room discount on a 120 room, we will even say 20 percent, when its normally 15. That would be a savings of 24 bucks, but with free dining, the customer is saving anywhere from 50 to 200 depending on how many people they fit in a room. Yes, they do ask them to get a park hopper and that's usually 30 more per ticket so the savings is a wash, So I think they will say goodbye to the free dining and keep the room discount.

I agree with this, but I think the first thing to go will be the free food for Values and Mods, Well if they offer a room discount on a 120 room, we will even say 20 percent, when its normally 15. That would be a savings of 24 bucks, but with free dining, the customer is saving anywhere from 50 to 200 depending on how many people they fit in a room. Yes, they do ask them to get a park hopper and that's usually 30 more per ticket so the savings is a wash, So I think they will say goodbye to the free dining and keep the room discount.
The park hopper option has increased greatly over the past few years. The price to add Park Hopper is now $75/ticket when it's being added to a ticket 2 days in length or longer.

I think you are right. I called today about a Bounceback offer for September and availability and rates are terrible. No standard rooms in moderate or deluxe available. Most deluxe offered only offer 1 or 2 bedrooms or villas. No POFQ. Only RR at POR.

The best rate I could get at a deluxe was over $330 a night- for September. That is quite awful. We stayed in YC over Spring Break 2016 with a regular public discount for less than $300 a night.

Think we will head somewhere else in September.

I think you are right. I called today about a Bounceback offer for September and availability and rates are terrible. No standard rooms in moderate or deluxe available. Most deluxe offered only offer 1 or 2 bedrooms or villas. No POFQ. Only RR at POR.

The best rate I could get at a deluxe was over $330 a night- for September. That is quite awful. We stayed in YC over Spring Break 2016 with a regular public discount for less than $300 a night.

Think we will head somewhere else in September.
The rate you were getting for September, can I ask which resort?
We are arriving in April and I had hoped to be able to book a BB for September, if the availability is that bad I may have to wait for the AP discounts to drop in June.

The rate you were getting for September, can I ask which resort?
We are arriving in April and I had hoped to be able to book a BB for September, if the availability is that bad I may have to wait for the AP discounts to drop in June.
I'll be there in 50 something days myself.

I have a FD bounce back booked (well, actually two, one for July and one for December) and I am having a super hard time switching resorts. I booked something with the intention of calling back later and making a decision about where to stay, but I have tried 3 different resort possibilities and none of them are available. I think that they have a very limited number of rooms and I think some resorts were totally excluded. I am waiting for the room discounts, hoping we can swing something better, but not holding my breath.

If you have switched your Bounce Back resort, what number did you call? I have spoken to the BounceBack line, is that where you called? Since the promo is over I want to make sure I am calling the right place.

I'll be there in 50 something days myself.
I hit 42 today - and with all the Flower & Garden photos coming out I am officially freaking out - I haven't been to Disney in the spring in a few years and it was just before F&G started. I am more excited for F&G than I was for MVMCP this past December

I have a FD bounce back booked (well, actually two, one for July and one for December) and I am having a super hard time switching resorts. I booked something with the intention of calling back later and making a decision about where to stay, but I have tried 3 different resort possibilities and none of them are available. I think that they have a very limited number of rooms and I think some resorts were totally excluded. I am waiting for the room discounts, hoping we can swing something better, but not holding my breath.

If you have switched your Bounce Back resort, what number did you call? I have spoken to the BounceBack line, is that where you called? Since the promo is over I want to make sure I am calling the right place.
I also booked a free dining bounce back for July and December. I did need to notify my july dates and I ended up having to switch resorts. Very limited inventory. I just called the main Walt Disney world number to notify. I had a very nice and helpful CM

Also, sorry for the stupid question, I thought you could only call for/about the BB while currently on property on a reservation before check out? I understand changes can be made after but how are people calling and checking on availability?

I hit 42 today - and with all the Flower & Garden photos coming out I am officially freaking out - I haven't been to Disney in the spring in a few years and it was just before F&G started. I am more excited for F&G than I was for MVMCP this past December
I've never been during the spring. I've been during Sept a few times, June, Jan, and Dec. This is my friends favorite time, and Im stoked to get my Annual Passsholder special band with Figment. It will be my big splurge since I'm retiring my princess Liea one.

Also, sorry for the stupid question, I thought you could only call for/about the BB while currently on property on a reservation before check out? I understand changes can be made after but how are people calling and checking on availability?
I booked the BB while I was on property. I called later once I was home to motify

I've never been during the spring. I've been during Sept a few times, June, Jan, and Dec. This is my friends favorite time, and Im stoked to get my Annual Passsholder special band with Figment. It will be my big splurge since I'm retiring my princess Liea one.
I saw the figment AP MB and I really hope they still have them when I get there - I never buy them just get the free ones but I want to treat myself I think. I was in FL with a friend a few years back, her friend works for Disney got us in for the day, we did AK then Epcot and MK - I loved all the flowers and topiaries in Epcot they are stunning.

I think you can book the Bounce back up till midnight of your last day, so essentially you can be home and book it. And I have 51 days till I get to go back and stay at BLT.

I called the same BounceBack line that I booked my original offer while I was onsite, but I am wondering if there is a different line that I need to call since the offer has expired.

Last edited:
I think you can book the Bounce back up till midnight of your last day, so essentially you can be home and book it. And I have 51 days till I get to go back and stay at BLT.
Sorry, not meaning to be picky but would hate for someone to lose out. I believe the BB phone lines close each day at either 10pm or 11pm EST.

I called the same BounceBack line that I booked my original offer while I was onsite, but I am wondering if there is a different line that I need to call since the offer has expired.
I still call the bounceback phone number to make a change, even if the offer has expired.

I still call the bounceback phone number to make a change, even if the offer has expired.
Can you call it just to inquire about availability? Just wondering if a few days before I arrive in April I would be able to gauge what is even left so me and DH can discuss on plane

Can you call it just to inquire about availability? Just wondering if a few days before I arrive in April I would be able to gauge what is even left so me and DH can discuss on plane
I'm not sure. You can always give it a try. I remember there was talk last July/early August of people calling the bb number to see if the FD bb was available to book yet or to ask about which resorts were included.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter