2017 TEA Theme Park Attendance report

Think your over estimating Nintendo's popularity, not even close to ps4 or xbox, games traditionally do not convert well to other media.
Jp is an overlay of an exsisting ride, harry potters popularity is already waning, the new francises are not great at best. Honestly think the game changer is star wars land.
I also think the Star Wars Hotel could be the biggest game-changer of all.

I never said DHS wasn’t a full day park if you do everything. You brought up that AK isn’t a full day park unless you wait 4 hours for FoP which isn’t true.

That's not what I said at all. I said if you did everything that HS had to offer, it would take longer than everything AK had to offer. HS has more shows that make it more difficult to plan around efficiently. And, assuming you plan well with your FPs and Rope Drop, you can complete the rides at both parks in fairly short order. HS has more character meet and greets as well. And, two nighttime spectaculars to AK's one.

If you want me to put numbers on it, let's assume HS takes 14 hours to squeeze absolutely everything in, while AK may only take 13 hours to do it all. Those numbers are pure guesses, but that's the gist of what I said.

That's not what I said at all. I said if you did everything that HS had to offer, it would take longer than everything AK had to offer. HS has more shows that make it more difficult to plan around efficiently. And, assuming you plan well with your FPs and Rope Drop, you can complete the rides at both parks in fairly short order. HS has more character meet and greets as well. And, two nighttime spectaculars to AK's one.

If you want me to put numbers on it, let's assume HS takes 14 hours to squeeze absolutely everything in, while AK may only take 13 hours to do it all. Those numbers are pure guesses, but that's the gist of what I said.

Part of that I think is how long you spend on things like the animal trails and others areas with animals and just wandering around taking inthe details of Animal Kingdom

I agree you could get everything done faster in AK than DHS but at the same time some people could spend longer at AK

The two night time shows at DHS does add to your point too as really hard to fully take both in in one night sonthen you are talking at least two trips to see everything

I can hear the fan debates already

This idea that the sand on Jakku is courser than on Tatooine is utter nonsense. Here are 17 points to prove my case - each in extreme details .....

I really thought you were going to itemize this. J/K.

Atari land...comordore world.
Its getting a bit silly, ip of games will not convert into lands, rides etc

Wanna avoid the Star Wars crowds? Wait until 2050 at least
That’s what I’m doing, give or take 30 years. I seriously hope Runaway Railway opens a couple months beforehand and not within two months before or after
By that point we’ll be on “Sand: A Star Wars Story”
And the ones I’m pretty sure would make good spin offs would only come after that: Maz Katana, Pod Racing, R2D2, BB8, Porgs (I don’t care the plot there I’ll watch it at least 7 times opening weekend), Jar Jar Binks (with a good director and writer this could be inadvertently amazing), E.T’s species that made a cameo in The Phantom Menace, couple biopics here and there how the movies were made, at least one decomposing body journey, the cardboard box fiasco from Christmas 1977, LEGO, a full length Star Tours movie, that creature Luke milked in The Last Jedi, the third stormtrooper from the left side in the fifth row in that promotional photo from Force Awakens, actual stars fighting each other, a straight up rerelease of the holiday special, craft services and last but not least Boba Fett. I have a strange feeling that all of those will not get made until sand gets its due

Edit: thought of some more. One of them is bound to win best picture, I can feel it
Just out of dumb curiosity is this site a good source? It always rubbed me the wrong way so I stopped reading it years and years ago.

Last edited:
Just think, Disney is building and building and when Universal finally announces their 3rd real gate Disney will respond by announcing an even bigger building program. They will expand MK, build a new land in AK between Africa and Asia, and announce the changes and expansion in Epcot. Plus thousands of new hotel rooms.

Will Universal gain market share? I doubt it. They may grow to a 4 gate resort with 15,000 hotel rooms, but Disney will expand even more. Universal will be capped with a total of about 50 million a year in attendance but Disney can expand its 4 parks to well over 80 million and still build 2 more gates.

In any case no matter what Universal does WDW will draw over 65 million in 2020 and 70 million in 2021. MK will continue to draw over 20 million a year. AK will draw over 15 million as will Epcot with the additions of Guardians of the Galaxy, Ratatouille, ride in England and the surprise coming in Wonders of life. Then their is Hollywood Studios. SW:GE needs an expansion and looking at the land the space is available for a major phase 2 to SW and more. The potential is so big for SW that Hollywood Studios could pass MK in attendance with proper expansion. That is why MK will be expanded beyond it's current foot print.

Just think, Disney is building and building and when Universal finally announces their 3rd real gate Disney will respond by announcing an even bigger building program. They will expand MK, build a new land in AK between Africa and Asia, and announce the changes and expansion in Epcot. Plus thousands of new hotel rooms.

Will Universal gain market share? I doubt it. They may grow to a 4 gate resort with 15,000 hotel rooms, but Disney will expand even more. Universal will be capped with a total of about 50 million a year in attendance but Disney can expand its 4 parks to well over 80 million and still build 2 more gates.

In any case no matter what Universal does WDW will draw over 65 million in 2020 and 70 million in 2021. MK will continue to draw over 20 million a year. AK will draw over 15 million as will Epcot with the additions of Guardians of the Galaxy, Ratatouille, ride in England and the surprise coming in Wonders of life. Then their is Hollywood Studios. SW:GE needs an expansion and looking at the land the space is available for a major phase 2 to SW and more. The potential is so big for SW that Hollywood Studios could pass MK in attendance with proper expansion. That is why MK will be expanded beyond it's current foot print.

It was seen as a bit deal when Disney dropped to below 70% market share as many insiders/Disney experts thought that would never happen - so I think that raised eyebrows and made people think that Universal could be real competition and if this trend continues overtime could they overtake Disney, etc. (you know, playing it out to the craziest degree)

But in the end, even if Disney drops to 65% or something (even that isn't likely) that is still ridiculously high share of a huge total pie - and a pie that is growing and will continue to grow. As long as total figures are up (specifically total revenue) I don't think Disney cares too much about Universal's numbers

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter