lucigo

DIS Veteran
Ever have those days when you think a step forward is a step back? I am SO happy that my 8yo with autism is becoming more and more aware everyday, but sometimes I wonder what have I done! My point...

I said to him, guess what!? Tomorrow is the January 1, 2012!

and he says....oh no........what if the world ends???

I was expecting, oh no, I have to go back to school, but no, apparently at some point when I thought he was busy playing his ipod he was actually listening to the TV and soaked up this bit of information. I had no idea this was something he would be worried about. Uggggg

Our guys do not miss much (unless it is something we are intent on requiring them to know).

It is always amazing how "mature" many of their intellectual perceptions are, while being so socially oblivious at the same time.

My DS 20 is OBSESSED with the world ending in 2012! He can be very reasonable and analytical, but this is such a huge thing for him. he will wake me at night to say he has been thinking about it and now he is frightened and can't sleep. I have gone over every possible arguement against it, but some part of him is still afraid. I just can't wait for the date to pass so he can move on to his next obsession.

DS soaks up so much more info than I give him credit for. His Uncle plays a game where he asks all the kids "what happened in the news today that was important?" DS seems to know stuff the other kids don't, and I never see him watch the news. Guess while he eats breakfast half-asleep, he is absorbing more than cheerios!

ugg, i can't tell you how often I am derailed by a question/comment/worry from my daughter! So far she hasn't picked up any 2012 issues, but I already know my answer to that one. because my answer centers around my christian based faith I am not going to put it out there as religion is a no no topic. However, to sum it up, it isn't really the end of the world, just the end of what we know the world/society to be RIGHTNOW. change isn't always bad... I then would give examples of changes DD was scared of/didn't want, that turned out to be GOOD things... like changing our schduel to go to disney! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter