* 2012 WDW Marathon weekend WISH meets *

I don't want to answer for Coach, but really the past is the past and it probably is best if we keep it there.

WISHers are meeting at POP, all are invited to join!

Please understand that my reason for asking is not to stir up any gossip. The idea of meeting a group of strangers can be a little intimidating, and if there would be a reason to be concerned, I'd want to know it. That's why I was curious. I have never attended a meet for any online group, and my nervousness about that keyed me in to coach's comment. Again, I have no wish to create any trouble.

Please understand that my reason for asking is not to stir up any gossip. The idea of meeting a group of strangers can be a little intimidating, and if there would be a reason to be concerned, I'd want to know it. That's why I was curious. I have never attended a meet for any online group, and my nervousness about that keyed me in to coach's comment. Again, I have no wish to create any trouble.

They are a good time and a great way to put a face to a user name/person. Many of these folks are why I continue to do Disney races. Roomed with/ate with/park hopped with etc. some really great people.

No reason to be concerned as it was just a disagreement more online than anything.

Hope to see you at the meets!

They are a good time and a great way to put a face to a user name/person. Many of these folks are why I continue to do Disney races. Roomed with/ate with/park hopped with etc. some really great people.

No reason to be concerned as it was just a disagreement more online than anything.

Hope to see you at the meets!

Thanks, that's reassuring! I am hoping to be able to come to a meet, but we are staying off property with friends and will have to figure out the logistics. It would definitely be neat to put faces with all of these names.

I'm new to the boards, and I found it by googling for Disney World 1/2 Marathon Information :)

I'm also a Solo flier on this trip and staying at Pop Century. I've got it on my calendar of events and plan to stop in to meet some people! I just started running in March of this year, so this is all new to me and maybe meeting some people will help ease the butterflies that I'm starting to have about entering into the 1/2 Marathon!

I'm new to the boards, and I found it by googling for Disney World 1/2 Marathon Information :)

I'm also a Solo flier on this trip and staying at Pop Century. I've got it on my calendar of events and plan to stop in to meet some people! I just started running in March of this year, so this is all new to me and maybe meeting some people will help ease the butterflies that I'm starting to have about entering into the 1/2 Marathon!

:welcome:

The meets are a lot of fun! Especially when you recognize people the next day at the race :) All the cool kids are staying at Pop :thumbsup2

I'll try to remember to bring some stick-on nametags and a couple of Sharpies (Along with my wonderful "Tracy original" nametag!

Maura

You and I started running around the same time and I am also running the Half. I am staying at POP as well with the family. I look forward to meeting you! :)

I will definitely be at Mondays meet at BW with my little man in tow! Unfortunately we don't get in until late Friday so I will miss the POP meet..boooo!!

I will definitely be at Mondays meet at BW with my little man in tow! Unfortunately we don't get in until late Friday so I will miss the POP meet..boooo!!

Bummer that you won't make the Friday Pop Meet, but glad we will get to see you (& meet Austin) on Monday!!! :-)

I am going to try to make the meet on Friday...see if I can drag my daughter over there.

I'll definitely be at the Pop meet. Not sure I can make Boardwalk but will do my best. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone!

I just made a schedule for our family during the weekend and realized we have family events during the times for both meets. Hopefully since I'm either traveling with my SIL or solo for the princess 1/2 i'll be able to get to a meet that weekend!

Unfortunately my trip will be too short this time to attend any of the meets. I surely would like to meet so many of you who have given much advice and encouragement to myself and others on this board. Hopefully the next time!

I am not sure I will be able to make any of the meets, however I am staying at POP and doing my first full marathon that weekend...so I hope I am able to run into some of you fine folks while I am there!! :goodvibes

Not sure if I can make it on Friday, but I will keep it in mind! Would like to meet in person some more of my "imaginary internet friends" even though I don't post too often (except lately with the Goofy coming up). :goodvibes
TEK and Cewait...will be hoping to meet y'all....talk a little triathlon, give Terry encouragement because I really want her to MAKE IT:goodvibes and get all of her bling!

Adding to say that I've met "imaginary internet friends" from 3 different triathlon forums and several of them are lifelong friends now, many of whom I look forward to seeing at races around the country. :)

for those that can't make the Pop Meets - keep in mind many wear their WISH hats or shirts - so look for a group pre race - sitting in a circle... just chill in! (and in 2010 when it was absolutely too cold to sit - huddling in close!)

I found it hard, awkward, to just pop up and start talking - same with the end of the race- WISH'ers used to gather at the end of the race at the W stand - (again 2010 it was too cold to wait there, and hang out!)

It's almost time for people to be heading to the Happiest Place on Earth.

If you can't make a meet, look for the Lime Green WISH shirts or hats. Don't be shy and come on over and introduce yourself.

Pre and Post race WISHers tend to hang out at the Family reunion tents and look for the W tent (there are a number of tents for this and they all have different letters assigned to them, A-G, etc.) Some of us meet there and then break up into groups according to corrals so we can then hang out in the corrals together before the start. I for one like to get to the corrals as soon as they open them to be near the front.

Take care everyone, can't wait to see you all and have safe travels!

Tracy

Nice to meet you on Monday as well. Did someone post the group picture from the Boardwalk meet anywhere?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter