2 yr old riding on attractions

swtangels4me

Earning My Ears
Ok so my 2 yr old son is big for his age. My question is if he reaches the required height will he still be able to get on the ride, even though he is only 2?? Right now he is 39 inches and we are planning a trip for the end of April, so I would guess he would be just at the 40 inch level when we go, which makes him able to ride most of the attractions.

Please let me know what you have encountered on this matter as my dh is anxious for my son to ride the attractions with him!!

Thanks!!
Nicole

My daughter is also tall for her age and hit the height requirement long before her age caught up. They will let your son ride as long as he is tall enough. One thing you may want to ask yourself though (since I am not sure which rides exactly you are referring to) is he mature enough to handle the ride?

My daughter was tall enough for Indiana Jones long before she was old enough to handle the intensity of the ride. The CM suggested we wait awhile and I was glad we did. She would have been terrified! Now she loves everything and will go on any ride.

I am sure you will get lots of opinions - this is only mine.

I hope you have a magical trip! The Resort is wonderful.

Desiree

In my experience the cm's won't stop you as long as he meets the height requirments. Supposedly Barnstormer (WDW) and Gadget's Go-Coaster @ DL have a 35" & 3yr age limit, but my 36+", 2yr old (at the time) ds has ridden both with no problems from the cm's (other than to check his height). Of course he still isn't 40" yet so those are the only rides he's been on that have height limits. We can't wait for him to be tall enough to ride Soarin' because I know he'll love it. Having said that, I think Disney sets the height limits using two criteria - safety and maturity level. Just because a kid is tall enough doesn't mean that they're necessarily mature enough to either behave themselves adequately on a ride, or even enjoy it yet. But you know your child best! :) Hope you have a great time.

p.s. I have heard that kids sometimes don't "measure up" when they're being evaluated by the CM at the ride, even if they did when they were measured at home. Just be prepared to be turned away, even if he is at the technical limit. Not sure why, but it does happen sometimes!

We took our 2 1/2 year old (35") on Gadget's Go Coaster. They did stop to measure him, but never asked his age. I didn't even know that it was 35" and 3 years until after we had been on the ride and I had read it here on the DIS.

I actually found out about the 35" & 3yr rule here on The Dis as well, but then went to the official Disneyworld site and confirmed it. It's up to the individual CM to enforce it though, and I would bet many don't care to even ask...

ETA: I was just curious so I check and on the Disneyland site Under "fun facts" in the left margin it says:
Gadget's Go Coaster is designed for adults and children to be able to ride together. Children must be at least three years old to ride.

But like I said, the cm's we ran across didn't even ask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter