2 weeks to go- what should I be doing??

disneyfool_1202

The countdown has begun!!
I have 2 weeks to go before boarding a plane and I feel like I should be doing something but I don't know what I should do!!
  • I booked airport transportation to/from home.
  • I booked magical express.
  • I need to do early check in but I was going to do that next weekend as well as submit my grocery order. Magic bands and tickets are all set.
  • Packing list is ready to go.

What else?? (besides the obvious packing).

Should have done dining reservations, and fast pass already. Do a quick 2nd check on your packing list, be sure you covered rain gear, any meds, and insurance cards. Relax and have a great trip.

Scour Disboards to pass the time.
I noticed a new ap mentioned in the latest DVC magazine called Play Disney Parks. It says you can interact with things in the park using the ap, and there are ride themed games for waiting in line. Maybe download that and check it out.

We call DME directly to verify that MS has the reservation correct. We don't do online check in, we like talking to the front desk CM's, getting the latest info and verifying that we received the room location that we requested. We check the reservation on the member website just before leaving home to see if the room assigner has changed our room category or put us in a HC room.

:earsboy: Bill

keep an eye on the weather so that you know what to pack -- maybe plan for some waterproof shoes and ponchos or rain coats so that you can ride it out in the park when everyone else leaves. The last few weeks of waiting are the worst. Earlier on you have so much to plan - dining, FP and then after the 60day mark it is just kind of a waiting game. Out last trip we made a count down chain 100 days out and I swear once we started pulling off links the time seemed to go by so much quicker. Also look at you tube videos -- there are some - tim tracker is one and of course disunplugged - who go into the parks and might give you info on some new things -new foods or events. We also like disney food blog as it sometimes highlights tasty treats that we want to make sure we get during our next trip.

Should have done dining reservations, and fast pass already. Do a quick 2nd check on your packing list, be sure you covered rain gear, any meds, and insurance cards. Relax and have a great trip.
Ooh Insurance cards.... almost forgot those. Dining and Fast Pass already done. Thank you!

OK I have rain ponchos ordered already (they should arrive this week), and we have all the aps. Good tip on double checking all ressies by calling. Will do that next weekend. I even downloaded reading material to my kindle for the flight as well as to my daughters!

Charge your portable cell phone charger.

Write or type up your travel info and put it in each suitcase (in case suitcase gets lost and luggage tag gets ripped off).

Right up? At two weeks, log into MDE from your computer....
Fetch "My Reservations".
CAPTURE AND PRINT all of this. Carry every RES number, on PAPER, with you. You will be ready for the continuing WDW Computer issues.
Just ask - "what happened to reservation number xxxxxxxxxx? One at a time, and get an answer.

"All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong."

16 days here for us. I am wasting the days away changing dining ADRs. :crazy: In my defense DH agreed to look at menus last night. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter