2 Teens Abducted in Lancaster, CA

PamOKW

<font color=green>The two most important items for
Two teen-age girls were abducted by a gunman while they were at a "make-out" spot last night. The link from CNN doesn't have any pictures but they are showing them on TV. The guy also took one of the boy's cars -- a beat up looking 1980 Ford Bronco (I think). One girl is white and one is black. They are both very pretty. I hope they find them soon and that they are safe. Reminds me of the "Son of Sam" problem we had here in NY 30 years ago.
News Story

I hope and pray that they are found safe and sound. :(

I just wonder what the point of saying where they were found was a "popular make-out" place. Not necessary to the story IMHO.
CC

That's aweful!!....I'll pray they'll be ok. Such a nice area...to have such bad people! :(

MSNBC Story

Here's a story with a picture of the girls, the car and the license plate. If everyone in California (and the West) keeps an eye out maybe they can find them. They just updated that Jacqueline has dyed her light brown hair jet black, a difference from the picture.

Cathy, I agree that "make-out" spot was odd wording. They are saying "popular with teenagers" in most reports. I think it's just to let people know where they were and how they were pulled unexpectedly out of their cars at gunpoint. It might be a warning until they find this creep for other people to stay out of the lover lane areas. Son of Sam attacked his victims in those areas.

That is really scary, as a teenage girl. :( Although Lancaster is pretty far away from my town, it is still close enough for it to be really scary. I pray that these girls turn up okay.

With all the abductions that have happened lately as a teenage girl I am really scared.
I was laying on my bed looking out the window and just couldn't help thinking how easy it would be for someone to get into my room.
Ok so that scared the crap out of me and I couldnt sleep but my point is that I am just a little nervous about being alone with everything happening.

We can't live in fear but being a little nervous helps keep you aware and can help keep you safe. Chances are slim someone will come in your room and snatch you but, if a utility worker comes to the door, make sure they are who they say. Ask to see an ID before you let them in the house. Just common sense stuff that we sometimes forget when we think we're invincible.

The world we live in becomes more scary each and every day. How sad. :(

<font color=navy>I've been hearing this on the news all morning.

I think they mentioned the makeout spot because it was in a rather remote area @ around 1am (Lancaster is near Edwards - where the shuttle sometimes lands, and it is a desert community, with a lot of open spaces).

The two couples didn't know each other, and both boys were tied with duct tape. On the news this morning, they showed one boy who was being interviewed during the night, and he said the guy had a gun, and it looked like he was debating whether or not to shoot & kill, so I'm sure these boys were scared... however, I fear more for the girls, of course -- they are just 16 & 17.

The other boy has not been identified or shown, and I can only guess he & his family want to keep his privacy.

The word that has been going out is that it is a Hispanic man, and that he drove a stolen car from Vegas, and then stole the SUV from one couple (on loan from a girl's friend so they could go there). Apparently, he was going to torch the Las Vegas stolen car, but then changed his mind.

They've been using the new "amber alert" where supposedly all radio & tv shows broadcast a missing persons bulletin.

I've just been watching this story on Fox News. Hope it has a happy ending and they find these girls soon.

What the heck are 16 and 17 year old girls doing out at 2 a.m.? (2 a.m. according to an article on CNN.)

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest