2 questions....

shannie102

Mouseketeer
1) My DH has PTSD and does not do well in some enclosed lines for long periods of time. I have an autoimmune disease and I cannot handle being outside waiting for long periods of time, the excess heat puts me at risk for a flair and subsequent ailments. I am worried that while waiting at Guest Relations there will be a long line that DH cannot handle. Can just I sign up for DAS while he waits somewhere less crowded? Do I just need his magic band if the DAS is for me and he is my guest or do they require him to be present when DAS issued?

2) I am planning a trip with my DN who is on the spectrum next spring with his parents. If it was up to him he would just ride RnRC all day. My question is if we get him a DAS can I also book a fast pass for this attraction? So say we have a FP at 11am and the line is 60 min at 1030 am. Can we get a DAS at 1030 and then use the FP at 11 and go back in line again at 1130?

Thanks in advance!

1) he must be present, they need to take his photo and put the DAS on his account
2) shouldn't be a problem, you CAN use DAS and FP+ together just fine :)

If the DAS is for you, all you will need is your DH's band to have him added to the DAS. If the DAS is for him, he has to be present to get his picture taken. You can do a back to back ride with a FP and the DAS. There is a trick to do it that makes sure it uses the FP for the first ride. Who ever has the DAS should NOT be the first to scan their band that way the band reader will pick the FP and not the DAS. On the second ride, the DAS person must scan their band first.

1) My DH has PTSD and does not do well in some enclosed lines for long periods of time. I have an autoimmune disease and I cannot handle being outside waiting for long periods of time, the excess heat puts me at risk for a flair and subsequent ailments. I am worried that while waiting at Guest Relations there will be a long line that DH cannot handle. Can just I sign up for DAS while he waits somewhere less crowded? Do I just need his magic band if the DAS is for me and he is my guest or do they require him to be present when DAS issued?

2) I am planning a trip with my DN who is on the spectrum next spring with his parents. If it was up to him he would just ride RnRC all day. My question is if we get him a DAS can I also book a fast pass for this attraction? So say we have a FP at 11am and the line is 60 min at 1030 am. Can we get a DAS at 1030 and then use the FP at 11 and go back in line again at 1130?

Thanks in advance!
1 anyone that DAS is for must be at GR since the CM take their picture. He does not have to talk you can do this for him. GR lines do go quickly for the most part so this should not be a problem for him ( if it is then Disney will be hard for him because the DAS does not take away all lines) you go in the FP line where there could be preshow that you have to wait in and most of the time the lines at this point are inside, so I would come up with some strategy for dealing with this. * just reread your question if the DAS is for you then yes all you need is his MB, but it might be easier to get him the DAS is his name as you could be out in the sun more with a DAS then without it ( and some CM will not give a DAS out for problem with the sun heat) It might be best to go in to GR and just say my husband and I both have concerns with how we are going to access the rides. and then go on to talk about your concerns, not your DX and go from there.

2 I do this all the time book a FP and DAS at the same time BTMRR is one ride where I do this just about every time I will often get off and then right back on with my DAS or FP ( I do this so much the CM know me at this ride) I also do this at RNR

if you have not checked out this tread on the DAS I would only post 1 is what you need to read all the other post are before the DAS was issued and just guessing on how thing will works ( must is true). https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...15-digital-das-on-tickets-magicbands.3178976/

Last edited:

Do I just need his magic band if the DAS is for me and he is my guest or do they require him to be present when DAS issued?

1. Yes, you would just need his magic band to add him as a guest on your DAS.

2. Yes, that is how you could do it. And if he wants to ride RNR coaster again, you could get another return time after you used that one (and you could try for another FP+ after you've used your scheduled ones that day).

another thing you can do is have your husband wait outside ( my guess is you will both have cell phones) when it is your turn tell the CM that your husband is outside and will come in if needed and then let the CM know what your concerns are for both of you in line and go from there. if the CM think your husband needs the DAS and not you then you can text him to come inside ( and where you are like left side or right side) or you can go get him and then he can come inside

Very few lines at WDW are outside (except for inexplicably the Toy Story ones). IMO, your DH will likely qualify for the DAS but you are more questionable, mainly because the DAS actually has you waiting outside in the heat MORE than waiting in the queue itself. The line for Guest Services largely depends on where you get it. I don't think it's ever been more than a couple of people long when I've gone. If it does seem too long for your DH, I would do as others suggest - wait in line until it's your turn and then text or wave him over (if he's close) so they can process the DAS for him. You can also always discuss DAS for you and if they deny it, then get one for him.

Also, work on some coping mechanisms with him. DAS is not instant access and people have been reporting over 20 minute wait times in the FP line. And some of those FP lines are pretty enclosed feeling. Even I get claustrophobic in the line for Pirates of the Caribbean, for example. Try a buffer zone for him, where you stand back and allow him more space in line. Basically talk to him and his therapist about ways to cope with standing in an enclosed space for 20 minutes.

For you, bring a cooling towel and umbrella or hat to shade yourself. There is precious little shade, particularly in MK. Take it easy and remember you can rest in First Aid if you need to.

The Guest Relations at the Magic Kingdom has some seating inside the building. Even if the queue is out of the door, he can be inside in the cool AC away from the lines. One tactic I use with my own daughter is to have her look around across the street the Emporium and when I am near to the front of the line I just call my wife to bring her over. Make's life a little easier that way.

GR obviously have their own protocols on how they hand out DAS passes, but from experience they tend not to do it for physical disabilities alone, instead they would suggest an ECV or Wheelchair and use the Disabled access line instead.It sounds like a better bet to get a DAS for your DH and then you be a guest on it, however, that obviously means you have to be creative in getting it.

As someone who suffers from a number of Auto-Immune disorders, there is simply no getting away from the heat, excess waiting and the pounding on your joints and / or internal flair ups from fast food, dehydration and stress! lol.... it's all simply about managing the problems and knowing when to take breaks, when and what to eat etc... It's kind of like going getting your teeth pulled, you know its going to happen, you know it isn't going to be all fun and games, but its for the greater good and you know it won't kill you! So it's all good.

I would also speak with your doctors about any medication they can tweak while you are there. An increase in Prednisone (tapered dose) during your stay will help keep flares down and provide some much needed extended relief. Not privy to your medication nor issues, but I know this is something that works well with me and others. I'm happy to offer any additional advice, just send me a message!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter